Bearden vs Campbell Co.

CougarTrav02

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the days of old when there where 2 high schools there in LA and Jacks. If I remember correctly they where successful to an extent. So if going to 1 school broke a good thing why not go back to 2 and play in lower classification where they could compete. Has anyone thought that up there or has stubborness set in saying we know it aint gonna work so our pride will keep us from fixing it the way it should be done.

game my dogs roll bigtime (sorry peeblee) leave no question as to who's going to be number 2 in region.

Well, that's a shame. I know of one kid -- the basketball coaches son -- who is an excellent, fast, strong athlete, but I don't think he's playing any sport now, and he's a junior. Sounds like apathy infects the whole deal.

apathy!!!!

thats the word!!!!

wish I had thought of that...

would have saved me a bunch of time!!!

the coach"s son (if it the one I am thnking of ) is a good athlete and a pretty darn good student....

not real big but big enough to play most sports at the high school level...

I dont think u can sit there and say no one supports the football team. The football team is supported ALOT. Look at all the sponsors hanging up as u walk in the gate. In the early 90's and some now, the problem was the good athletes transferring to Anderson Co. Thats where Kerr's recruiting kicks in. No one can sit there and say that he don't recruit when I have seen it with my own eyes. Another problem is if I remember correctly, a coach at CC sent his son to AC to play ball. Thats pothetic. No pride and no loyalty, should've probably been kicked out of the county. Ya it is hard to compete in 5A against powerhouse teams. The yr. we went to the playoffs, we were no better than the year before. In 04 we were 3-7. We lost to Scott by 1. Lost to Science Hill by 3 (which we scored on a blocked punt that was called back). Lost to Sevier Co. by 4. Could've easily been 6-4 and went to the playoffs that year. Coach Wells is a good coach no doubt about it, but Wampler carried that playoff team with his tremendous defense. Now he is gone and Shouse isn't doing to bad of a job either. Holding Sevier Co. to 28 pts last week. They mostly scored on big plays also. We have two of the best corners in the region this year and they are only sophomores. The problem lies in the offense. To many wide open receivers dropping passes and lack of offense period. Our offense has never been great. To sit here and here people sayin its lack of this and that and not enough loyal fans, thats crazy. I've not missed a game all year and their is quite a few at the away games. Ya no one wants to watch us lose and thats understandable, but that don't mean they aren't loyal and that they don't care about the football program. That just means that they no what is goin to happen. Look at how many people were at the games in 05 when we made the playoffs, ALOT. The only thing we need is a coach that is an Offensive genius. You get that, CC wins at least 5 games a yr.

I dont think u can sit there and say no one supports the football team. The football team is supported ALOT. SNIP

Dwayn, I think peeblee is and I know I am on your side. I believe it was peeblee who in fact stated that there's a lot of support for the program by a lot of dedicated fans. I also agree that there have been a lot of suspect transfers who probably had a bug put in their ear by LL. As I said when asking the question about the reason for the lack of success, I'd like to see CC step it up. Playing in 5A has got to be brutal. I've heard that some of the bleeding to AC has stopped, so that probably bodes well for the program. Good luck CC!