Sullivan South vs Elizabethon

HiGipper

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious is the problem for the Cyclones. Yes, there are 4-5 contributors from last year who decided not to play but the problem is that an identity has failed to be established by the head man. I am against bashing the coaches but they seem to still be searching for what they want to do with the ball. At the same time, South seems to just have found themselves last week. Hopefully it will be a better game than most expect from the Cyclones. Just let the boys call the shots :thumb: and let them have some fun. Hope everybody comes out in good shape on both sides. Once a Cyclone always a Cyclone and we will rise above all of this!

Oh yea, givem H_LL #74. My kid looks up to you and you are the best!

Edited by TellTheTruth2004

The Cyclones have played 3 teams this year that currently have winning records (over .500); D-B, Tennessee, and North. In those 3 games, they have scored a total of 34 points (avg 11.3 ppg) while allowing 87 (ave 29 ppg). I just don't see that trend changing against the Rebs especially when the game is at South. An earlier post mentioned some emotions the Cyclones were experiencing during practice. That's fine because emotions can increase focus but beware that once the game gets underway such emotions can quickly erode especially when things go south (no pun intended). I think the Rebels successfully continue their march toward another region crown tonight.

Just read the Star and I was proud to see that Preston Smith is willing to step up and shoulder the blame for the Cyclones being a 1-5 team and at the same time brag on his teammates. He has always been willing to 'step up to the plate' for his teammates. I also like Carter's statement, "It's just a matter of heart."

"It's all there." - 'P'

CYCLONE PRIDE!!

Glee, This season shouldn't be on Preston's shoulders at all.

Good to see them pull a lineman for a mistake (#77) and that was a first. Should have happened in the DB game. #52 (?) who went in for him did the best blocking job for a lineman all year. Maybe move #77 to G and leave #52 at RT?? #74 was great on defense. Hes the best lineman for bEtsy by far.

Good first half but the Cyclones came out of the locker room flatern a doornail. Hate to say it but I hear some are getting a petition together for next weeks game. No need to explain what for.

South is a really good team but I"ll have to rank them right beside Johnson County in the way their defense played. You can figure that one out for yourself because there is no need for an explanation, is there? Hard hitting is one thing, but _______. Fill the blank in.

Preston Smith, YOu are the heart of the Cyclones and darn sure being 1-6 aint your fault. We aer all proud of you! :thumb: Some smarts would help and that might be what this petition is about??

Glee, This season shouldn't be on Preston's shoulders at all.

Good to see them pull a lineman for a mistake (#77) and that was a first. Should have happened in the DB game. #52 (?) who went in for him did the best blocking job for a lineman all year. Maybe move #77 to G and leave #52 at RT?? #74 was great on defense. Hes the best lineman for bEtsy by far.

Good first half but the Cyclones came out of the locker room flatern a doornail. Hate to say it but I hear some are getting a petition together for next weeks game. No need to explain what for.

South is a really good team but I"ll have to rank them right beside Johnson County in the way their defense played. You can figure that one out for yourself because there is no need for an explanation, is there? Hard hitting is one thing, but _______. Fill the blank in.

Preston Smith, YOu are the heart of the Cyclones and darn sure being 1-6 aint your fault. We aer all proud of you! :thumb: Some smarts would help and that might be what this petition is about??

What blew this game open is when South scored, "Betsy got the ball and went for it on 4th down DEEP in their own teritory and didn't get it... Then South got the ball back and scored real quick again... I don't know about that call. I know you have to get something going, but going for it on 4th down THAT deep, I don't know... :(

Good Game Betsy. The score doesn't reflect your effort but South had to work on Curts stats so he can get his full ride and the coach's can get the glory for getting him ready for the next level.

South has a good team but nobody will ever know it because it is the Curt show. A coach's job is to get everyone that wants to play the next level some coverage but this all about Curt. You had to win last week as a team but you wont see that again until he has to.

Hats off to South and there Coach's It really must be hard to win a game and get Curt some good Coverage. Let me guess..humm.. Player of the week for you again

Good Game Betsy. The score doesn't reflect your effort but South had to work on Curts stats so he can get his full ride and the coach's can get the glory for getting him ready for the next level.

South has a good team but nobody will ever know it because it is the Curt show. A coach's job is to get everyone that wants to play the next level some coverage but this all about Curt. You had to win last week as a team but you wont see that again until he has to.

Hats off to South and there Coach's It really must be hard to win a game and get Curt some good Coverage. Let me guess..humm.. Player of the week for you again

Give me a break. Just what should have South's coaching staff done tonight? Did you see the same game I saw? Curt was picking himself up off the ground most of the first half. I don't think he blocks. Curt threw the ball someone had to catch it. South's coaching staff did what they should have done and that is keep with what started working. By the way Curt wasn't in the game the last 6 mins in the 4th.

What blew this game open is when South scored, "Betsy got the ball and went for it on 4th down DEEP in their own teritory and didn't get it... Then South got the ball back and scored real quick again... I don't know about that call. I know you have to get something going, but going for it on 4th down THAT deep, I don't know... :thumb:

Too early in the third qtr for that but that is just my opinion. That call certainly helped the Rebs although it caught SS off guard. The RB forgot to pick up the man who sacked the QB or it may have worked. SS was out of position bad. And yes, it trully helped change the tide of the game along with what Truth said......"they came out of the halftime locker room flat" It did seem that way plus the fact that there is no emotion on the sidelines and it kinda rolls over onto the field.

Certainly nowhere to go but up for the Cyclones and they still have a shot, one game at a time, at the playoffs. That is the goal for the season but there will be nothing easy about it.........East, Central & Johnson County.

Edited by GLee

Give me a break. Just what should have South's coaching staff done tonight? Did you see the same game I saw? Curt was picking himself up off the ground most of the first half. I don't think he blocks. Curt threw the ball someone had to catch it. South's coaching staff did what they should have done and that is keep with what started working. By the way Curt wasn't in the game the last 6 mins in the 4th.

You must be blind if you do not see this or deaf if you do not hear it in the stands or maybe you are on the sidelines............... :thumb: