top teams in memphis

balsoccer22

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this order...CBHS, Houston, Germantown, Colliverville, St. Benedict

:thumb: CBHS/Collierville -always 3 deep in each wt. class/wish other Mphs. schools took it this serious

Houston/Cordova/Bartlett/Bolton/Munford-can go either way this year

St. Benedict-graduated their star

Germantown-They get stronger as the season progresses-I would like to compare their roster from preseason to region/Cordova seem to have the same problem last year-adding new kids-wonder what the rule is on that/I thought kids had a certain time to certify. I think each wt. class will have stand-outs from just about every school-even Frayser-remember Oakhaven and Westside and Kirby.

Edited by ARMY DAD

CBHS will be solid this year but i could see them losing a match to one of the top 2 public schools if everything feel in place. Kids from CBHS who could win for them consistantly are D.Baucke, J.P.Carney, D.Carney, J.Pass, P.Bonilla, J.Baucke, and D.Williams!

Houston has the ability to be a serious threat in and outside of the memphis area. In the past couple of years they have been mostly just a good tourney team but this year they have many seniors and juniors that have the ability to step up (heard from one of the kids they only lost 1 senior)

Colliverville will suffer because of a lose of many of there previous stars, and won't be as deep as they have been in the past 3 years. With a new coach it will be interesting how they meet this challange.

Geramantown will have a good chance of defending their Region Crown this year with the lose of only a few key people. Look for D.Smith and E.Bernard to lead the team as they don't have many superstars but these kids have heart and talent.

St.Benedict is a team on a mission. Yes they lost T.Wynn but they have a upcoming star by the name of R.Mackenzie. This look for this youngster to make some noise after having two quality varsity years under his belt.

other teams with ability are Cordova, Bricrest, and Barlett

CBHS will be solid this year but i could see them losing a match to one of the top 2 public schools if everything feel in place. Kids from CBHS who could win for them consistantly are D.Baucke, J.P.Carney, D.Carney, J.Pass, P.Bonilla, J.Baucke, and D.Williams!

Houston has the ability to be a serious threat in and outside of the memphis area. In the past couple of years they have been mostly just a good tourney team but this year they have many seniors and juniors that have the ability to step up (heard from one of the kids they only lost 1 senior)

Colliverville will suffer because of a lose of many of there previous stars, and won't be as deep as they have been in the past 3 years. With a new coach it will be interesting how they meet this challange.

Geramantown will have a good chance of defending their Region Crown this year with the lose of only a few key people. Look for D.Smith and E.Bernard to lead the team as they don't have many superstars but these kids have heart and talent.

St.Benedict is a team on a mission. Yes they lost T.Wynn but they have a upcoming star by the name of R.Mackenzie. This look for this youngster to make some noise after having two quality varsity years under his belt.

other teams with ability are Cordova, Bricrest, and Barlett

Just a side note but why does everyone and their brother forget about Johnny Holliday from CBHS? I believe if you went back and checked the numbers you would find that he had as solid a performance or better than many of those listed. Finishing 3rd in the DII state tournament with his only lose coming to Dean Smith of Webb who tech-falled or pinned every opponent in the tournament and went undefeated all year long last year (can anyone say man on a mission?). I just find it amazing how everyone overlooks Holliday...

True I did forget about Holiday. He is a great wrestler and a even greater young man. I remeber him when he was in the middle school program at CBHS and was making noise there. I guess I haven't been doing my job and overlooked Holiday. Anyone know what weight he is attempting to go?

:thumb: He wrestled 160 at state 05-06 and placed 3rd.