Top 5 wrestlers

takedown42

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should you need more proof of this I can fax you the invitation letter and signed contract from Bob Preusse or the approval letter from Trina Melton at TSSAA allowing him to do it

Why would anyone want more proof - your word is plenty good. Like I stated earlier, the TSSAA has not allowed wrestlers to independantly enter "in season" open/all star tourneys in the past. There has been some recent rule changes which appear to have opened the door for this to happen now. Maybe its always been a possibility but the stumbling block was the use of 2 dates (expresed by Coach Delgado) along with the limitation of only 1 long distance tourney a season for a team? Whatever the reasons, the vast majority of wrestlers did not view it as an option in the past. As I stated before "wish the TSSAA would change and give him and others the chance" - glad to see it and I hope he has a great showing there.

Wrestling in Fargo does not determine the quality of a wrestler.

Tolbert is ranked 4th in the nation at 160. Ranked in 5th place is the Iowa kid who won Cadet Greco and placed 3rd in Cadet Freestyle last summer at Fargo.

Don't follow your logic here. If success at Fargo doesn't matter, then how does beating someone who did well at Fargo justify one's ranking? Or, are you saying that placing 3rd only earns a 5th ranking?

It's still my opinion that Tolbert showed great promise last season and may very well prove to be one of the top 5 in the state this season - but you have to prove it on the mat. Tolbert is obviously seeking out the best competition around to prepare for those tough rematches with Creagan, Young, and Waddel. Good luck to him and see you at the super 32.

Yea all creagan does is stall. Next you are going to tell me that he DIDNT pin his first 22 opponents last year and that he DIDNT win all american honors for the 3rd time this summer. I suppose he DIDNT beat Jake Young AND Danny Tolbert in the same tournament last year, either. Creagan relies on his scoring ability and conditioning to win, and to say that he stalls is just dumb. Im not saying that Creagan could beat wright, im just sayin that Creagan doesnt stall out to win matches.

Courtney Coffey 215 in DII from Pope john Paul II HS.

Yea all creagan does is stall. Next you are going to tell me that he DIDNT pin his first 22 opponents last year and that he DIDNT win all american honors for the 3rd time this summer. I suppose he DIDNT beat Jake Young AND Danny Tolbert in the same tournament last year, either. Creagan relies on his scoring ability and conditioning to win, and to say that he stalls is just dumb. Im not saying that Creagan could beat wright, im just sayin that Creagan doesnt stall out to win matches.

Courtney Coffey 215 in DII from Pope john Paul II HS. Ranked 28th in the nation according to one website

To Coach Delgado and walkenvol, please allow me to explain a few things. Tolbert is registered for the Ironman in Ohio and yes he is the first Tennessee wrestler to ever wrestle in this tournament. Should you need more proof of this I can fax you the invitation letter and signed contract from Bob Preusse or the approval letter from Trina Melton at TSSAA allowing him to do it, or better yet why don't you go to the website and see for yourself: http://walshironman.com/index.php. Take a close look at the 2006 teams attending.

There are at least 10 wrestlers from Tennessee that could have easily wrestled in this tournament. All you have to do is ask. As far as the "problem" of using two precious dates. I only have 19 dates on my schedule. As far as your quote about not knowing how you would feel about a coach giving up two dates for one wrestler is concerned, I really don't care. Focus on your schedule and I will focus on mine.

No Tolbert did not go to Fargo or even wrestle in one freestyle/greco tournament last year. Wrestling in Fargo does not determine the quality of a wrestler. Greg Jones (WV) never wrestled in Fargo and he was a 3X NCAA champion. Look at this weeks USA Wrestling rankings of high school juniors.

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20we...tjuniors07.html

Tolbert is ranked 4th in the nation at 160. Ranked in 5th place is the Iowa kid who won Cadet Greco and placed 3rd in Cadet Freestyle last summer at Fargo. News flash - Tolbert beat him in the finals at Soph. Nationals.

To all those who support Red Bank wrestling, thank you very much. Best of luck to all the wreslers going to the Super 32 and the rest of the season :o

Sincerely,

Coach Emily

Red Bank HS

Great kid. I never said a bad thing about him. Since your schedule works out for him, great. I hope he has a great event up there. As far as TWF events are concerned I was only stating the fact that he did not participate on any of the national teams.

To all those who support Red Bank wrestling, thank you very much. Best of luck to all the wreslers going to the Super 32 and the rest of the season :D

Sincerely,

Coach Emily

Red Bank HS

Good luck to you coach as you enter another season in such a tough area, and congrats for keeping RB competitive!! BTW - I think that is huge for you to make room on your schedule to stage the "fruits of your labors" at such an event like the Iron Man.

soms