Page 3, Independence 2

PageMan

Page defeated Independence 3-2 (25-19, 14-25, 20-25, 25-22, 15-13)

I'll have a report later - It's party time!!!!

I bet it will will be much later. For those who don't know Page High School got caught in a zoning situation when Independence opened, lost a Sweetheart of Page pne of Pagemans favorite all time players to Independence, Liz Powell. It broke his heart but for his favorite team to go to Independence, a AAA school and win is something special to the Rudderville Crowd and the Page Volleyball Community. They probably, by this time have had a parade with the players and Coaches and parents along with CU and have awakened everyone in Rudderville and probably in that parade is, on a trailer, the outhouse with the half moon that was for sale on the outskirts of the city.

The Brats are cookin and even the Bratman could excuse the tomato catsup this evening. i'm sure Pageman, in his articulate way will explain how this all happened, especially in 5 games with the last one being within two points. there's a lot going on in Rudderville tonite.

Well, Phargis, I'm back in Bethesda after some serious partying at one of the parents' houses, but I doubt I'll get anything more posted tonight - heck it took me 10 minutes so far to write this.

Game 5 was a real thriller as it ended on a kill by Nicole Smith, but previous to that, IHS made critical serve receive errors that swung the momentum to Page. I'm writing from memory as I left my clip board with the game sheets at my previous party place. Katie Guthrie served the aces for the go ahead points as the balls appeared to be long, but IHS's back row was called for tipping the ball as they let the ball hit them on the way out. Smith had several good blocks - at least 10 for the night - and Page's serving was pretty good with few errors. Dre Townsend had several good kills from the right side and Katie Vanderburg contributed well from the outside. While IHS's Sam Serley had several good kills from the middle, Page was able to dig some of them as overall they played good defense. I'll have a full report tomorrow when I get my clipboard.

Edited by PageMan

Game 1: Page 25-19

Page - 8 Kills, 1 Block, 7 Aces, 8 Attack Errors (inc 1 Lift, 1 DH), 1 Service Error

Nicole Smith - 4 Kills, 1 Block, 2 Aces

Katie Vanderburg - 3 Kills, 4 Aces

Katie Guthrie - 1 Kill

Becca Shreeve - 1 Ace

Independence - 8 Kills, 1 Block, 1 Ace, 7 Attack Errors (inc 1 Lift), 2 Service Errors

Kristen Johnson - 4 Kills

Grace Perilli - 2 Kills

Sam Serley - 1 Kill, 1 Block

Andrea Smith - 1 Kill, 1 Ace

Game 2: Independence 25-14

Independence - 6 Kills, 5 Blocks, 4 Aces, 5 AE (inc 1 DH), 0 SE

Chelsea Goodson - 3 Kills, 1 Ace

K. Johnson - 3 Blocks

Serley - 1 Kill, 2 Blocks

Tess Perilli - 2 Kills

G. Perilli - 2 Aces

Jamie Lealos - 1 Ace