Camden vs. Waverly

BOB_COOTER

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Waverly and Adamsville are fighting it out for third and fourth place it is truly a testament to how weak this region is after you get past 1st and 2nd. You guys have about as much chance against Camden and a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. This is rediculous.

You only need one leg to kick. I'd like to see you kick someone with both feet, at the same time.

We'll see what you say about that after Friday night...

Let me guess what they will say, 24 - 0 is not a blow out, Waverly should have won if they didn't throw interceptions, have punts blocked and could have scored some points, any points, but your defense didn't have anything to do with the outcome,the game was closer than it looked and the only thing that defeated Waverly was Waverly :P

Camden 30

Waverly 0

Another goose egg this week

Let me guess what they will say, 24 - 0 is not a blow out, Waverly should have won if they didn't throw interceptions, have punts blocked and could have scored some points, any points, but your defense didn't have anything to do with the outcome,the game was closer than it looked and the only thing that defeated Waverly was Waverly :P

Camden 30

Waverly 0

You said it, the only thing that beat Waverly, was Waverly. That is exactly what happened. So, if Waverly can not lose to themselves, then they 'outplay' camden, they win. The key is to not lose and out play... :(

I hope the Camden players are thinking the same thing.

Don't overestimate the value of playing hard.

Last year was a very, very competitive game at the half. We weren't nearly as good as we are this year.

Overconfidence will really hurt you.

Also, this is a rivalry and you can throw records out the window.

:P Remember, on any given night, anyone can beat anyone. :(

well here we go.....camden has a good team, but im sorry but im goina say lewis county will have them beat, but this is the wavo camden game so lets git on that....after waverly battled a great lewis county team last week they should be able to look at that film and figure out what they need...it really aint that hard becuase me and a couple others in the stands figured it out in the 2nd quarter.....our defense will be able to hold camden to a lower score then what theyv been used to the rest of the season....camdens defense will be able to work waverly's offense jus as hard as lewis county did....if we can git our offense goin i believe this should be a good game....this will be a hard hittin and long game....i jus not too sure if camden will be ready to face a team that is closer to their strength but if they arent ready they will find trouble....

Waverly: 17

Camden: 14

GO TIGERS!!!

If you got it all figured out from the stands, why aren't you on the sidelines?

Camden 35 Wavo 0

Camden 30

Waverly 0

If you consider the fact that Lewis only outgained us by 63 total yards and we had 5 turnovers we lost and a blocked punt and lost 24-0. We did fail to score after getting the ball inside the 5 twice, once Lewis stopped us the other we stopped ourselves with a wide open receiver in the back of the endzone, the qb underthrew the ball that was intercepted at the goal line. No one within 8 yards of the receiver. You really played good defense on that one. If you don't think Waverly's defense had anything to do with the outcome, ask your coaches. They will tell you. Lewis was shut completely down in mid second qtr. on. Only 73 total yards in second half.

No one from Waverly said that Lewis was a bad team. NO ONE. But anyone with half a brain realizes that sometimes a score is not indicative of how the game went.

And by the way if the kickoff return guy a freshman cuts back to the middle he goes 100 yards instead of 50 for a touchdown for Waverly. Both teams played hard, just like both Camden and Waverly will play hard Friday. Who knows who will win.

Edited by papatiger