GP vs. WEST GREENE

62-0

Middle of the secong quarter, the middle school program may start the third! ;)

OK fellas, lets be nice. Let's remember how low we felt last year when we were stinking up the field. Let's not bring any bad luck (i.e. injuries etc.) by being unkind to a outmanned opponent.

With that being said, Benny needs to keep our boys fine tuned this week and not get complacent which you can count on him doing. Our defense has played better than we did last week at SG. We became somewhat undisciplined in the secondary and that cost us a couple of td's. I think we miss Eric Hutchinson's leadership at FS. I hope he will be back for Midway. I thought Chase Young's diving interception was one of the better plays in the secondary this year and Dusty Dodgen just continues to have one fine game after another running. The South Greene game was by far the most physical game of the year with both sides laying out some mean licks. Matt Robertson clearly has the hit of the year so far for his devastating lick he made on SG's QB Marc Wright late in the fourth. I was beginning to get concerned for the boy as he laid still for some time. It was a clean shot that Wright had no idea that was coming. I wish that J. Jester was more of a team player as Coach chewed his tail up one side and down the other for poor play(unsportsmanlike, unneccesary blocks in the back, and uncooperative attitude.) He has great size, decent speed, but just thinks alot of himself. He could really be a force for GP if he could just get his heart into it. They will need every players full potential if we are going to make a run in the playoffs. Here's hoping for a injury free, good sportsmanship game and hopefully the younger boys will get some meaningful playing time in the second half. Regards.

OK fellas, lets be nice. Let's remember how low we felt last year when we were stinking up the field. Let's not bring any bad luck (i.e. injuries etc.) by being unkind to a outmanned opponent.

With that being said, Benny needs to keep our boys fine tuned this week and not get complacent which you can count on him doing. Our defense has played better than we did last week at SG. We became somewhat undisciplined in the secondary and that cost us a couple of td's. I think we miss Eric Hutchinson's leadership at FS. I hope he will be back for Midway. I thought Chase Young's diving interception was one of the better plays in the secondary this year and Dusty Dodgen just continues to have one fine game after another running. The South Greene game was by far the most physical game of the year with both sides laying out some mean licks. Matt Robertson clearly has the hit of the year so far for his devastating lick he made on SG's QB Marc Wright late in the fourth. I was beginning to get concerned for the boy as he laid still for some time. It was a clean shot that Wright had no idea that was coming. I wish that J. Jester was more of a team player as Coach chewed his tail up one side and down the other for poor play(unsportsmanlike, unneccesary blocks in the back, and uncooperative attitude.) He has great size, decent speed, but just thinks alot of himself. He could really be a force for GP if he could just get his heart into it. They will need every players full potential if we are going to make a run in the playoffs. Here's hoping for a injury free, good sportsmanship game and hopefully the younger boys will get some meaningful playing time in the second half. Regards.

Good point,i apologize........but i hear that GP is going to an all defensive week of practice due to the coach's dissappointment in the D at SG..........and yes we clearly miss hutch's leadership on the defensive side of the ball although i think Ogle has done as good as can be expected(he did turn the game around against happy valley with the interception right b4 th half) Robertson's hit was by far one of the greatest hits i had ever seen,i dont know if i will ever forget that, just thinkn about that hit hurts me ;) Brahce also had an AMAZING block on a linebacker on the TD sweep to Dyer. Jester has always been on the selfish side but hopefully getting chewed on th sideline and benched for awhile showed him that coach hammonds wont put up with it, and maybe he will realize that he needs to be more of a team player, good luck the rest of the way and as alwayz......GO HIGHLANDERS!