College Wrestlers from TN 2006-07 season

CoachDelgado

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bodock!!! I am glad wrestling is here again ain't you?? I wish Nic the best of luck and hope to see him soon.

hey coach!!!good luck this year,i hear your going to have a good team!maybe its your turn to beat the commandos!we'll see.I WONT MISS THAT MATCH!!WE'LL BE READY FOR YOU! oh imean looking for you haha!!

hey coach!!!good luck this year,i hear your going to have a good team!maybe its your turn to beat the commandos!we'll see.I WONT MISS THAT MATCH!!WE'LL BE READY FOR YOU! oh imean looking for you haha!!

We are still along way from beating the commandos. I wish we could get a few more dedicated wrestlers here at our school. Like I said we are still a few to short but maybe we could win now that nic is gone. NOt only a great wrestler but a great team leader as well.Hopefully we will get someone to step up and lead like NIc did.

Hate to bust the bubble, but I might not be able to wrestle for Cincy this year. With 18 credit hours, fraternity, and part-time job, I would only make one practice a week, and every body knows that's not a good situation when wrestling guys on club teams that should be wrestling for NCAA D1 schools. I'll try to make it to practices but maybe not compete.

There are guys on club teams that should be wrestling for DI schools? Wow didnt realize that the club level was soo stacked. Dude just compete for fun it really dont matter if youre in the best shape, but I would bet if you just practice you will lose some fire for what youre doing.

We are still along way from beating the commandos. I wish we could get a few more dedicated wrestlers here at our school. Like I said we are still a few to short but maybe we could win now that nic is gone. NOt only a great wrestler but a great team leader as well.Hopefully we will get someone to step up and lead like NIc did.

I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT FOR JOHNATHAN-HE'S GOT WHAT IT TAKES!!

Hate to bust the bubble, but I might not be able to wrestle for Cincy this year. With 18 credit hours, fraternity, and part-time job, I would only make one practice a week, and every body knows that's not a good situation when wrestling guys on club teams that should be wrestling for NCAA D1 schools. I'll try to make it to practices but maybe not compete.

I really hate to hear that! You guys have a really strong squad (including the first National Champion there), and you could only make them stronger. Well, best wishes and keep us informed on the boards.

well i sure hope joe is going to be on that team!!!would love to see him on the mat again!!!:o

Hey Coach! Good to see you guys and good luck this year! Unfortunately, Joe will not be wrestling anymore. He's turned into quite the accomplished fencer and I believe he's strictly going to stick to that.

There are guys on club teams that should be wrestling for DI schools? Wow didnt realize that the club level was soo stacked. Dude just compete for fun it really dont matter if youre in the best shape, but I would bet if you just practice you will lose some fire for what youre doing.

Club wrestling has grown quite a bit! Clubs do not only wrestle each other but they will step on the mat with anyone that will give them a match. When i was at Middle, we were the same way and there were only a handful of teams that would challenge all teams. The last couple of years it seems that over half the teams are wrestling full schedules and even have full coaching staffs. There is also the fact that a lot of club wrestlers are former competitors for college teams now. There are club teams that are from schools that also have varsity teams that have wrestlers that quit varsity to wrestle club, and not to mention Blair who has an incredible history and an unbelieveable club team. People expect club teams to be a cake walk, but that simply isn't the case.

Mike, i agree that you should do it and have the most fun that you can. On the other hand, with so many hours of classes, it seems like you do have your priorities in order. Again, best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...