Region 4-5A playoff picture..

HSsportsfootball

The way it looks to me right now is...

Riverdale - in

Smyrna - in

Lebanon - in

Oakland - if LaVergne loses out, then Oakland would have life if they beat Smyrna OR Riverdale. But if LaVergne wins out then Oakland has life if they beat Smyrna AND Riverdale

LaVergne - guaranteed playoff birth if they win out and with the Oakland loss, IF we lose one game, we are not officially out and still have good chances.

Wilson Central - still has life if they win out and LaVergne loses to them and Blackman

Blackman - out

Siegel - out

Feel free to correct me on anything, because I want to know how things could play out from this point.

Edited by HSsportsfootball

If the remaining games go the way most think they will the top three are locked in with only the fourth place spot left to be decided.

I think Wilson Central is out. They can only win 3 games and since they lost to Oakland so they will lose the tiebreaker.

LaVergne controls its own destiny. On paper they have the easiest road with Blackman and Wilson Central. They can make it in with 3 wins because they own the tiebreaker with Oakland. If LaVergne wins out they can only get the fourth spot because Lebanon owns the tiebreaker.

Oakland has to hope LaVergne loses out or LaVergne lose one game and they beat Smyrna and Riverdale.

One more crazy thing can happen.

-Wilson Central wins out. (3-4)

-LaVergne loses to Wilson and beats Blackman. (3-4)

-Oakland loses out. (3-4)

The head to head games would cancel each other out. The next tiebreaker would then be non-region record. LaVergne would get the spot because they are 3-0 in non-region.

If the remaining games go the way most think they will the top three are locked in with only the fourth place spot left to be decided.

I think Wilson Central is out. They can only win 3 games and since they lost to Oakland so they will lose the tiebreaker.

LaVergne controls its own destiny. On paper they have the easiest road with Blackman and Wilson Central. They can make it in with 3 wins because they own the tiebreaker with Oakland. If LaVergne wins out they can only get the fourth spot because Lebanon owns the tiebreaker.

Oakland has to hope LaVergne loses out or LaVergne lose one game and they beat Smyrna and Riverdale.

One more crazy thing can happen.

-Wilson Central wins out. (3-4)

-LaVergne loses to Wilson and beats Blackman. (3-4)

-Oakland loses out. (3-4)

The head to head games would cancel each other out. The next tiebreaker would then be non-region record. LaVergne would get the spot because they are 3-0 in non-region.

So all LaVergne has to do is beat Blackman?

So all LaVergne has to do is beat Blackman?

That's how its looking, thats only if Oakland loses to Riverdale AND Smyrna (likely)...but if Wilson Central loses to Siegel, we beat Blackman, Oakland loses next two, we're in...regardless of the WC game, but still a must-win to make the record look better atleast...

If we take the #4 seed then we will be playing the winner of next week's game between Cookeville and Lincoln Co. because both teams are undefeated in the region.

not to sound stuck up, but im REALLY glad riverdale doesnt make my hair gray worrying about the possibilities for our playoff hopes. usually after week 4 or 5 we have clenched. then we worry about if we will place 1st or not, lets say i didnt grow gray hair or lose sleep over that one either :blink:

"region 4 championship will be played week 8" :o

good luck to the playoff hopefuls, i would love to see blackman and oakland make it, but my preseason predictions look like they might play out: 1. riverdale, 2. lebanon, 3. smyrna, 4. lavergne ;)