Carter @ Fulton

Road2Three

Carter really isn't that good, and I don't know why anyone is stupid enough to believe they are.

Their schedule is ranked 55th out of 58 Class 3A teams. They've only played two teams with winning records: Morristown East (who themselves have only beaten one team with a winning record) and Claiborne (who actually has the 56th ranked schedule in Class 3A). Fulton rolls.

I disagree with you 100% Carter must have something when they are back to back Champions.

When you hear about Carter Playing you hear about the whole team playing not just one player. Seems to me that the only thing Fulton has is Rogan and what are they going to do if (god forbid something happen to him) he goes down. I question whether Carter has the strength behind them to beat Fulton but I do know they have the talent and heart. I believe that Carter will give them a run for their money.

gridironguy you should really know what you are talking about before you start spouting off about a team. You know you are talking about Carter only playing two teams with winning records I believe I see that Fulton only beat a 2A team by 3 points hmmmm. And the one real team that they have in their region handed them their butts Friday Night GO CATHOLIC!!!!! ;):rolleyes::o:P

I guess we will see when Friday nights game rolls around and IF Carter doesn't win they will just chalk it up to a learning experience and go on.

Edited by dana112369

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 2A team that lost to maryville by only 3 and has one the past 2 state championships. :/

PS: Region 1 is weak. Back-to-back Champions means nothing.

Please spare me the excuses The only teams that Region 2 has in it this year is Catholic and Fulton. and we seen Friday night who was the best between the two. Like I said in my previous post Carter has the heart and talent to beat Fulton because they only have one thing going for them and if you shut him down then what do they have nothing.

We can agree to disagree I believe in Carter and believe that they have come a long way to get to where they are and am tired to the BS that everyone talks about how bad the Football team is. Carter is probably the best coached and most talented TEAM (see I put TEAM not one individual) out there and they are going to give Fulton a run for their money...... :thumb:

I disagree with you 100% Carter must have something when they are back to back Champions.

When you hear about Carter Playing you hear about the whole team playing not just one player. Seems to me that the only thing Fulton has is Rogan and what are they going to do if (god forbid something happen to him) he goes down. I question whether Carter has the strength behind them to beat Fulton but I do know they have the talent and heart. I believe that Carter will give them a run for their money.

gridironguy you should really know what you are talking about before you start spouting off about a team. You know you are talking about Carter only playing two teams with winning records I believe I see that Fulton only beat a 2A team by 3 points hmmmm. And the one real team that they have in their region handed them their butts Friday Night GO CATHOLIC!!!!! :ph34r::thumb::P:thumb:

I guess we will see when Friday nights game rolls around and IF Carter doesn't win they will just chalk it up to a learning experience and go on.

That 2A team that they beat by "just 3 points," just happens to be the 2004-05 (and eventual '06) state champs in 2A. Alcoa also lost to perennial 4A power Maryville by 3 the week prior. They are 2A, but you could make a case that they are one of the top 5-10 teams in the state.

Dont try to down play Fulton's schedule...their SOS rankings are 9th (Coach T), 1st (Memphis Sports Reporters-3A) and 23rd (Massey's statewide). Conversely, Carter's SOS rankings are 55 (Coach T), 207th (Massey's statewide) and 54th (Memphis Sports Reporters).

Also, the last time I checked, Carter was playing in the weakest Region in 3A (according to all of the power rankings) and Fulton also plays with the likes of AE and Kingston, which have proved to be solid programs this year. In Region 1-3A, there is Carter (and maybe Claiborne) and then there is mediocrity, or as I like to refer to them--highschool football's version of Vince Vaughn's Average Joe's Gym.

Dont get me wrong, Carter has a fine team to amass an 8-0 record any division, but they have not played the quality of teams that Fulton so far this year. We will see how they respond versus Fulton this Friday. It is sure to be a good battle!

Please spare me the excuses The only teams that Region 2 has in it this year is Catholic and Fulton. and we seen Friday night who was the best between the two. Like I said in my previous post Carter has the heart and talent to beat Fulton because they only have one thing going for them and if you shut him down then what do they have nothing.

We can agree to disagree I believe in Carter and believe that they have come a long way to get to where they are and am tired to the BS that everyone talks about how bad the Football team is. Carter is probably the best coached and most talented TEAM (see I put TEAM not one individual) out there and they are going to give Fulton a run for their money...... :thumb:

A TEAM does not carry a state top five ranking by having just one good player. Yes, Fulton does have one VERY HIGH profile player, but in no way are they a one-man team. You could make the same case for Catholic with H. Smith, but people that really know football, know that they, as well as, Fulton are GOOD teams with 2 exceptionally GREAT highschool players. You need those type of players to make a run at the State.

Edited by SafetyBlitz

That 2A team that they beat by "just 3 points," just happens to be the 2004-05 (and eventual '06) state champs in 2A. Alcoa also lost to perennial 4A power Maryville by 3 the week prior. They are 2A, but you could make a case that they are one of the top 5-10 teams in the state.

Dont try to down play Fulton's schedule...their SOS rankings are 9th (Coach T), 1st (Memphis Sports Reporters-3A) and 23rd (Massey's statewide). Conversely, Carter's SOS rankings are 55 (Coach T), 207th (Massey's statewide) and 54th (Memphis Sports Reporters).

Also, the last time I checked, Carter was playing in the weakest Region in 3A (according to all of the power rankings) and Fulton also plays with the likes of AE and Kingston, which have proved to be solid programs this year. In Region 1-3A, there is Carter (and maybe Claiborne) and then there is mediocrity, or as I like to refer to them--highschool football's version of Vince Vaughn's Average Joe's Gym.

Dont get me wrong, Carter has a fine team to amass an 8-0 record any division, but they have not played the quality of teams that Fulton so far this year. We will see how they respond versus Fulton this Friday. It is sure to be a good battle!

I can honestly say that I take nothing away from Fulton but it is rediculous to see people put down a team that competed in AAAA for a long time getting trompled that finally has the chance to gets some glory when they finally move into a region that best suits them. Nobody wants to give Carter a snoball chance in heck of going to state I think they are wrong. Carter has just as good as chance as any AE, Fulton, Catholic, or Claiborne to win it in the end it all ends up as just a game. For some of these kids this is all they have and if it wasn't for football they would be in jail. I am anxious about Fridays game I think they will give us a good show. :thumb:

A TEAM does not carry a state top five ranking by having just one good player. Yes, Fulton does have one VERY HIGH profile player, but in no way are they a one-man team. You could make the same case for Catholic with H. Smith, but people that really know football, know that they, as well as, Fulton are GOOD teams with 2 exceptionally GREAT highschool players. You need those type of players to make a run at the State.

What about Lindsey for Catholic, I just hate it that instead of them saying that they one the game as a team it seems they give all the glory to one player. The coaches pound it in these kids heads from the time they are old enough to hold a football in their hands that they are a TEAM but it never seems that way. The way I look at it if it wasn't for the QB & Line for Fulton then Rogen would not be where he is. Believe me Rogen is an awesome player and I think it is great that he signed with UT, but they need to give a little more glory back t the whole team not just him.

I can honestly say that I take nothing away from Fulton but it is rediculous to see people put down a team that competed in AAAA for a long time getting trompled that finally has the chance to gets some glory when they finally move into a region that best suits them. Nobody wants to give Carter a snoball chance in heck of going to state I think they are wrong. Carter has just as good as chance as any AE, Fulton, Catholic, or Claiborne to win it in the end it all ends up as just a game. For some of these kids this is all they have and if it wasn't for football they would be in jail. I am anxious about Fridays game I think they will give us a good show. :thumb:

I agree, Carter has just as good of a chance to make it to State as any other top team. Especially when you consider what Livingston did last year (5-5 regular season, 4th in Region 2-A---they turned that into a State Championship).

I agree, Carter has just as good of a chance to make it to State as any other top team. Especially when you consider what Livingston did last year (5-5 regular season, 4th in Region 2-A---they turned that into a State Championship).

It is great to finally not hear a negative word about Carter, all the kids need to be recognized for all the hard work they they put into it. I think that the Carter-Fulton game is going to be a great one and wouldn't miss it for the world maybe Fulton will prevail maybe they won't remember everybody has an off night. :lol:

I am really Quite tired of all these Carter fans thinking that they can just come from 4A(Getting Routed week in, week out) comepete with a team like Fulton. Carter would have a hard time placing 4th in region 2-3A, led along any of the other teams make it. Im not Knocking Carter, because they have the 8-0 record to be proud of. But to Carter fans, Back to Back Region Championships cannot compare to Back to Back State Championships. And Back to Back 9-1 Seasons aren't that bad either.

Fulton By 30+(at Least)

I am really Quite tired of all these Carter fans thinking that they can just come from 4A(Getting Routed week in, week out) comepete with a team like Fulton. Carter would have a hard time placing 4th in region 2-3A, led along any of the other teams make it. Im not Knocking Carter, because they have the 8-0 record to be proud of. But to Carter fans, Back to Back Region Championships cannot compare to Back to Back State Championships. And Back to Back 9-1 Seasons aren't that bad either.

Fulton By 30+(at Least)

No I agree with you on State Championships but no one gives Carter a chance. Carter still has alot of work to do to be able to run with the big dogs but I seriously think that this may be their year. Mark Allen Bounds is a much better QB than Carter had last year, the D is outstanding, So I just think people need to give Carter a little more credit for what they have accomplished than what they haven't. :lol:

Fulton is an outstanding football team that has played one of the toughest schedules in the state. I'll stick with a comment on a Fulton v. Catholic thread, I pity the team that has to face the loser of the Fulton/Catholic game.

Good luck and be safe to both teams, but I think Fulton will win by at least 3 touchdowns---and with Fulton, that's 24 points by the time they tack on 3 two-point conversions.