Carter @ Fulton

Road2Three

Fulton is where Carter wants to get, back in the mid-to late 90's Fulton was in a similar boat getting no respect and having average records. Fulton was able to hit a stride starting about 2000 and the rest as they say is history I mean I think 3 appearances in the State Championship game and 2 Championships since 2002 speaks volumes.

Don't kid yourself Fulton does not have a Good team, they have a GREAT team. When you compare schedules Fulton has played a tough, tough schedule. Am I writing off Carter, nope, I just hope we go out and play to the best of our ability and if we can take care of business then it will show at the end.

Hopefully everyone will be injury free and enjoy the game.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I agree with you on State Championships but no one gives Carter a chance. Carter still has alot of work to do to be able to run with the big dogs but I seriously think that this may be their year. Mark Allen Bounds is a much better QB than Carter had last year, the D is outstanding, So I just think people need to give Carter a little more credit for what they have accomplished than what they haven't. :lol:

You've got to be joking when you say Bounds is a better QB than Stanton. D has improved but will they look as dominant against a good offense?

You've got to be joking when you say Bounds is a better QB than Stanton. D has improved but will they look as dominant against a good offense?

Bounds knows how to scramble and move around the field alot better than Stanton, granted Stanton was an great QB I just believe Bounds is more consistant, he keeps a better head about himself than Stanton did last year. :lol:

Whew, talk about points to bring up.

First of all, there is no doubt about it that Fulton has more talent than Carter does. I don't know if any team in 3A in the state has more talent than Fulton (or 4A for that matter). Based on that alone, Fulton should dominate. But there are several intangibles this week.

First, Knox County is out of school all week. And you are crazy if you don't think that doesn't factor into the equation. Are the players going to be focused on football or other stuff? How prepared will they be for the game? Heck, will there be any off the field incidents that gets players in trouble? Huge intangible that will have an outcome.

Second, how does Fulton respond to last week's game? That was a big loss for them. Do they mope around or do they come out ready to play?

Third, has Carter's defense just feasted on vastly weaker opponents, or are they actually legit? They will be outmanned, but they are also a very fundamental and sound group. I figure that Fulton will just pound them in the mouth all night because they are a lot bigger, but I could br wrong.

Finally, what does Bounds being a better scrambler play into the equation. Last season, as soon as Stanton got the ball, Fulton was there. Fulton's D-line is better than Carter's O-line. If I am Carter, I'm using the spread all night and keeping Bounds in the shotgun to try to utilize his scrambling ability.

And one more point. I'm not about to pretend that Carter could win Region 2, but I do think they could compete for the #3 playoff seed year in and year out. I think they could have done it last year, and I think they would this year. Overall, I think region 2 is down overall this year besides Fulton and Catholic. Yes, they play in a very weak region, but no one has played them within 15 points in this region for 2 seasons now.

Friday night is a measuring stick for Carter. I don't think they win, but given all the intangibles I do think they they will be ready and keep this game relatively close.

Whew, talk about points to bring up.

First of all, there is no doubt about it that Fulton has more talent than Carter does. I don't know if any team in 3A in the state has more talent than Fulton (or 4A for that matter). Based on that alone, Fulton should dominate. But there are several intangibles this week.

First, Knox County is out of school all week. And you are crazy if you don't think that doesn't factor into the equation. Are the players going to be focused on football or other stuff? How prepared will they be for the game? Heck, will there be any off the field incidents that gets players in trouble? Huge intangible that will have an outcome.

Second, how does Fulton respond to last week's game? That was a big loss for them. Do they mope around or do they come out ready to play?

Third, has Carter's defense just feasted on vastly weaker opponents, or are they actually legit? They will be outmanned, but they are also a very fundamental and sound group. I figure that Fulton will just pound them in the mouth all night because they are a lot bigger, but I could br wrong.

Finally, what does Bounds being a better scrambler play into the equation. Last season, as soon as Stanton got the ball, Fulton was there. Fulton's D-line is better than Carter's O-line. If I am Carter, I'm using the spread all night and keeping Bounds in the shotgun to try to utilize his scrambling ability.

And one more point. I'm not about to pretend that Carter could win Region 2, but I do think they could compete for the #3 playoff seed year in and year out. I think they could have done it last year, and I think they would this year. Overall, I think region 2 is down overall this year besides Fulton and Catholic. Yes, they play in a very weak region, but no one has played them within 15 points in this region for 2 seasons now.

Friday night is a measuring stick for Carter. I don't think they win, but given all the intangibles I do think they they will be ready and keep this game relatively close.

Awesome post Solomon... ;)

DANA112369

YOU NEED TO LEAVE LAST YEARS QB OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION HE WILL BE PLAYING AT THE NEXT LEVEL IN A COUPLE OF YEARS THEN YOU CAN WRITE ABOUT HIM.IF YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS YEARS #11 THAT IS FINE AND HE IS GIVING YOU PLENTY TO TALK ABOUT(9TDS 6 INTS 2 TD PASSES ON THREE ATTEMPTS)SO IF YOURE NEEDING SOMEHTING TO WRITE MAKE IT ON THIS YEARS PLAYERS NOT PLAYERS OF THE PAST.MARK BOUNDS IS HAVING A GREAT YEAR AND IF HE CAN GET TIME WE CAN WIN FRIDAY NITE.SO IF YOU RUN SHORT ON SOMETHING TO WRITE START A CAMPAIGNE FOR CARTERS #11 AS SOPHMORE OF THE YEAR HE DESERVES IT.GO HORNETS

DANA112369

YOU NEED TO LEAVE LAST YEARS QB OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION HE WILL BE PLAYING AT THE NEXT LEVEL IN A COUPLE OF YEARS THEN YOU CAN WRITE ABOUT HIM.IF YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS YEARS #11 THAT IS FINE AND HE IS GIVING YOU PLENTY TO TALK ABOUT(9TDS 6 INTS 2 TD PASSES ON THREE ATTEMPTS)SO IF YOURE NEEDING SOMEHTING TO WRITE MAKE IT ON THIS YEARS PLAYERS NOT PLAYERS OF THE PAST.MARK BOUNDS IS HAVING A GREAT YEAR AND IF HE CAN GET TIME WE CAN WIN FRIDAY NITE.SO IF YOU RUN SHORT ON SOMETHING TO WRITE START A CAMPAIGNE FOR CARTERS #11 AS SOPHMORE OF THE YEAR HE DESERVES IT.GO HORNETS

keyboard4.jpg