3-3a from here on out

Rabble Rouser

Congratulations to Meigs so far. Good team and good season.

If ND, Polk and Howard win this week, it sets up an interesting tussle in Benton on the 28th with ND.

They've found an offense. Courter had a big night at Tellico rushing for four TDs and throwing for another. Ethan Nelson is really coming on as the Irish RB.

Tyler Cooper had 14 tackles with most in the first half.

Hopefully the 3a teams will do will in the playoffs. Good luck to all.

Congratulations to Meigs so far. Good team and good season.

If ND, Polk and Howard win this week, it sets up an interesting tussle in Benton on the 28th with ND.

They've found an offense. Courter had a big night at Tellico rushing for four TDs and throwing for another. Ethan Nelson is really coming on as the Irish RB.

Tyler Cooper had 14 tackles with most in the first half.

Hopefully the 3a teams will do will in the playoffs. Good luck to all.

I agree with you about Meigs. They're one tough team and worthy of being our region champs. Their defense is awesome and is getting better each week. I think they've only given up something like 52 points in 8 games!

Your meeting with us on the 28th will probably decide who represents our region for 2nd place and who hosts the first round of sub-state action. My thoughts are that the 1st and 2nd place teams of our region: Meigs, Notre-Dame or us, are capable of winning the first round. Howard isn't really that good of a team, but they do have some speed.

I agree with you about Meigs. They're one tough team and worthy of being our region champs. Their defense is awesome and is getting better each week. I think they've only given up something like 52 points in 8 games!

Your meeting with us on the 28th will probably decide who represents our region for 2nd place and who hosts the first round of sub-state action. My thoughts are that the 1st and 2nd place teams of our region: Meigs, Notre-Dame or us, are capable of winning the first round. Howard isn't really that good of a team, but they do have some speed.

Being a Meigs County fan I would like to say thank you for the kind words. It makes sports wonderful when you can have a bitter rival and still RESPECT each other. Meigs and Polk have always had that kind of rivalry. Some other schools could maybe learn a few things about sportsmanship from these two. Meigs has had a magical year and hats off to Coach Martin and his staff, and especially the 6 seniors who have led this team. They are the first group that have spent their entire 4 years under Coach Martin's leadership and they are a special group.

As far as the Polk-ND game, it should be a good one. Good old fashion smash mouth against spread em out all over the field and wing it. This game will probably be won in the trenches. Having seen both play it looks like a toss up but I would think the home field advantage should prove the difference. Does anyone know who finishes second if its a 3 way tie with Polk, ND, and Howard?

Any way good luck to all 3 on the rest of their season.

Meigs does have an awesome team this year. Their defense is a big part of their success, but their offense has really stepped it up. Also fan support is a contributing factor. When Meigs played Howard, they were down 8-7 at the halfwith Meigs tailback only having 15 yds at the half. Third quarter began and Meigs defense shut out Howards fast offense and that made Meigs offense step up. I think the second half Meigs tailback Tyler Mobriant had 156 yards or somethin the second half alone. Imagine the game he would of had doing that both halfs. Anyways congratulations to Meigs. But After playing all the top teams, I say this is how it plays out

(1) Meigs-Hosting

(2) Notre Dame-Hosting

(3) Howard-Traveling

(4) Polk-Traveling

Good Luck 3-3a Bring it home

Meigs does have an awesome team this year. Their defense is a big part of their success, but their offense has really stepped it up. Also fan support is a contributing factor. When Meigs played Howard, they were down 8-7 at the halfwith Meigs tailback only having 15 yds at the half. Third quarter began and Meigs defense shut out Howards fast offense and that made Meigs offense step up. I think the second half Meigs tailback Tyler Mobriant had 156 yards or somethin the second half alone. Imagine the game he would of had doing that both halfs. Anyways congratulations to Meigs. But After playing all the top teams, I say this is how it plays out

(1) Meigs-Hosting

(2) Notre Dame-Hosting

(3) Howard-Traveling

(4) Polk-Traveling

Good Luck 3-3a Bring it home

Being a Meigs County fan I would like to say thank you for the kind words. It makes sports wonderful when you can have a bitter rival and still RESPECT each other. Meigs and Polk have always had that kind of rivalry. Some other schools could maybe learn a few things about sportsmanship from these two. Meigs has had a magical year and hats off to Coach Martin and his staff, and especially the 6 seniors who have led this team. They are the first group that have spent their entire 4 years under Coach Martin's leadership and they are a special group.

As far as the Polk-ND game, it should be a good one. Good old fashion smash mouth against spread em out all over the field and wing it. This game will probably be won in the trenches. Having seen both play it looks like a toss up but I would think the home field advantage should prove the difference. Does anyone know who finishes second if its a 3 way tie with Polk, ND, and Howard?

Meigs is worthy of all the praise they get. It wasn't given to them, they earned it. I wish they had more than 6 seniors, but I'm glad those particular 6 will be gone since they have earned their stripes....so to speak. I know the Maddron kid's (#10) grandfather and I know he was beaming after his grandson threw that TD pass agains us from the wingback position. I always expected his grandson would go to McMinn Co., since that's where Bob sent his kids to play football and was instrumental in the building of the Cherokees new stadium. Those stud running backs of Meigs will be back next year, plus a nucleus of young men who have been raised under Coach Martin's style of football. I expect Meigs and Polk wil bothe be competing for the championship each year along with Notre-Dame and maybe another team.

Coach Davis speaks very highly of Coach Martin and his staff. They are very close to one another. I don't know if you noticed it or not, but after our game the coaches didn't just shake hands, they hugged one another. What class on each side. It's ashamed some of the other coahes in our region don't follow their successful lead.

Notre-Dame has improved and I'm not sure that we didn't peak when we beat Loudon. We're excited about playing the Irish and are hoping we host the first round lik you all do.

What Meigs has done so far is commendable, and they should win out. The playoffs are a whole new animal as we saw last year. You have to stay healhy and have some luck. Don't think ND isn't using the Wilson Cates angle as its motivation. The kid literally won it all for LA singelhandedly. On the one hand I was sad to see my team lose, but glad I was there to see his performance.

Anyway, I was sincere in my congrats to Meigs. They've earned it and I wish all the 3A teams the best. Of course, it'd be nice if Polk would be good hosts next week and roll over. haha