Dickson Co at Franklin

faninthestand

No thinks I'm good, I'll stand behind my post. But think you so much for your input.

Well, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but no one is entitled to his own facts. And if you look at the numbers that you provided the math is in favor of Franklin.

Franklin gave up 174 yards to Indy, 95 yards to Brentwood.

DC gave up 441 yards to Indy, and 238 yards to Brentwood

Let's add that up:

Thats 269 total yards to those two teams for Franklin

And I don't even have to add for DC, they already lose- 441 to Indy.

But go ahead, stand behind you post.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is definiitely strength versus strength.

Franklin's defense versus DC offense. And I think that if it is as simple as that then it is a dead tie.

On the other hand DC's defense versus Franklin's offense and I think FHS has a slight edge there. I know DC got absolutely tore up by a mediocre Hendersonville offense-nearly 300 yards rushing. Franklin can definitely equal that if they play to their potential.

So, having said all that I think Franklin wins a close close game in the 4th.

Good luck to both, we expect to see you both in the playoffs.

Hey the cool thing about the Hendersonville game is at the end of the day we got the WIN!! You may be right Franklin is a outstanding football team. Ill drop the #'s if that hepls you sleep at night. Dickson has seen a D as good as Franklins (Riverdale) but Franklins not seen a power run game like Dicksons. Now your right if we play like we did at Hendersonville then Franklins in and Dicksons out of 1st place. Dickson Gets it done this week and take region 6 5A. Good luck to both teams!

Well, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but no one is entitled to his own facts. And if you look at the numbers that you provided the math is in favor of Franklin.

Franklin gave up 174 yards to Indy, 95 yards to Brentwood.

DC gave up 441 yards to Indy, and 238 yards to Brentwood

Let's add that up:

Thats 269 total yards to those two teams for Franklin

And I don't even have to add for DC, they already lose- 441 to Indy.

But go ahead, stand behind you post.

Indy 27 Dickson 34 / Brentwood 7 Dickson 17 lets do the math on that.

Take a deep breath DC001.

1P is simply pointing out by your own numbers - Franklins D shutdown both Indy and Brentwood compared to what DC's D did against those same two clubs.

Also, you claim Franklin has not seen a power running game yet - they played Indy who ate up 270 yards of turf against your Cougar Defense. If that is not a power running game - then are you claiming your defense gives up large chunks of yardage to average running teams?

Franklin held Indy's average running game (according to you) to less than half of your defense.

If the old addage is true - "Defense wins Championships" - I like Franklin's Chances.

Edited by faninthestand

Hey, this is going to be a great game. no doubt about it. I like the way both teams play and have a lot of respect for both schools/teams.

I think if you look at both teams through eight games you see were both have flaws, but know how to win.

I still think Franklin has the edge per them having a little better defense.

I hope everyone enjoys watching that game and then goes home to watch the CSS Gallatin @ H'ville game that I KNOW everyone is going to tape, right????

Take a deep breath DC001.

1P is simply pointing out by your own numbers - Franklins D shutdown both Indy and Brentwood compared to what DC's D did against those same two clubs.

Also, you claim Franklin has not seen a power running game yet - they played Indy who ate up 270 yards of turf against your Cougar Defense. If that is not a power running game - then are you claiming your defense gives up large chunks of yardage to average running teams?

Franklin held Indy's average running game (according to you) to less than half of your defense.

If the old addage is true - "Defense wins Championships" - I like Franklin's Chances.

Ok lets not go with the #s lets go with the facts. Being down by 14 at Indy in the first Qrt and fighting back to tie it at the 1/2 in their house and getting the win shows the heart of our team. They ran all over us that night this is true but we still got the win. So the #s dont tell the whole story and I never said they did Im sticking with my team and all their #s good or bad DC 17 FRANKLIN 14 IN A CLOSE ONE DOWN TO THE WIRE. P.S. Indy is not a power running team. DC has rushed for 1791 yards and 694 yards passing / Indy rushed for 884 and passed for 1450 yards so far this year. Indy gave up 422 yards to our offense Dicksons has had 4/200+ rushing games and 2/300+ rushing games now thats power running.The only team to hold DC undr 100 yards (89) yards was Riverdale and their #1 in the mid state last I saw. FRANKLIN IS A HUGE TEST FOR DICKSON AND IM SURE DICKSON A HUGE TEST FOR FRANKLIN. ANY TIME YOU HAVE 2 OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL PROGRAMS LIKE THIS 2 AND A WINNER TAKES ALL GAME LOOK OUT ITS GOING TO GET CRAZY AND THATS A FACT. :thumb: GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :D

Who know's whats going to happen in this game? NO doubt Franklin is going to be the toughest game for us since RIVERDALE. I am looking forward to this one. We will be able to see how we stake up with a very talented team. EVERYONE IN DICKSON NEEDS TO BE AT THIS GAME. THIS STARTS OUR PLAYOFF RUN. THE LAST ONE TO LEAVE DICKSON DON'T FORGET TO TURN OUT THE LIGHTS. GO COUGARS GOOD LUCK