Henry County vs... no one haha

The YANKER feels that part of the HC "problem", if they have one, is that there is no tradition there at all. It is not too long ago that HC was the doormat of the area. These guys have no history of winning "big" games...in fact, they have little history of winning at all. My HC friends should not take this as an attack on HC...for it is not...it is a simply a response to someone who does not know as much as he thinks he does!!!

scary scary, I have to agree, tradition is hard to overcome, both winning and losing, Again, I would not want to have to play the Patriots in a win or go home match up.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The YANKER feels that part of the HC "problem", if they have one, is that there is no tradition there at all. It is not too long ago that HC was the doormat of the area. These guys have no history of winning "big" games...in fact, they have little history of winning at all. My HC friends should not take this as an attack on HC...for it is not...it is a simply a response to someone who does not know as much as he thinks he does!!!

I agree with you to a point yanker, however, during this doormat time we were playing different folks. We were in 5A in maybe the toughest region of 5A. That is why we are a little upset now. We went down to 4A and we still are not winning like we should. This is no knock. I'm big red all the way. That is how I take Eagle's comments. Rest up tonight and lets beat Northside!!!

Then bring on 8 4A Melrose you better be ready!!!!!

scary scary, I have to agree, tradition is hard to overcome, both winning and losing, Again, I would not want to have to play the Patriots in a win or go home match up.

This also bothers the YANKER...that is...when we agree!! I need to rethink what I have said and you do the same!!! Reluctantly, I have stated that I, too, believe that HC is playing the best in the region at this point.

I have to agree with our dear Mr. Yanker this morning. My son is a senior this year & his soph. yr. playing for HC was brutal. This group of seniors were "The TEAM" to beat when they were playing at Grove, nonstopable. Then they came to HC as soph. (Coach Gaddis' 1st year) & it was PAINFUL for everyone because these guys weren't use to lossing. Now just look at how far this group has come over these 3 yrs. & under the leadership of this coaching staff. They are making their own history for the younger players to follow & improve on.

As I said in an earlier post, work on those flaws HC so that when time comes the Patriots will be flawless.

I also agree that Calvin has alot on his shoulder, as do the other leaders on this team. The O-line guys have to make the field a place where Calvin can make those perfect plays. The D-line has to be a BLOCK WALL so that the other team can't forge to the endzone for winning touchdowns. Daniel Allen has to make his kicks, the running backs...so on & so on.

We're not God so we'll never be perfect, but Great is in reach for the HC Patriots.

I agree with you to a point yanker, however, during this doormat time we were playing different folks. We were in 5A in maybe the toughest region of 5A. That is why we are a little upset now. We went down to 4A and we still are not winning like we should. This is no knock. I'm big red all the way. That is how I take Eagle's comments. Rest up tonight and lets beat Northside!!!

Then bring on 8 4A Melrose you better be ready!!!!!

The "no tradition of winning" problem spans over different classifications, my "O-Ful" friend. If you have no tradition of winning in 5A, what makes you think that the change to 4A changes that??? One of your problems is that you have not totally left 5A. Why play Ridgeway and Dickson...what do you prove??? That's no way to establish a winning tradition. If you are going to play a 3A team...why play one of the best...if you are trying to establish a winning tradition??? Your "lack of winning" needs to be defined to the YANKER. Do you mean your lack of winning a state title...your lack of winning the region...your lack of winning EVERY game you play...what do you mean??? You seem very greedy my "O-Ful" friend for a guy from a program that has been a doormat for so long!!! Things do not change overnight, nor do they change in two or three years. If you think 4A is a "cakewalk"...then you are wrong my friend. It is not much different from 5A. If you want an immediate change...get a 1A schedule!!!!!

I have to agree with our dear Mr. Yanker this morning. My son is a senior this year & his soph. yr. playing for HC was brutal. This group of seniors were "The TEAM" to beat when they were playing at Grove, nonstopable. Then they came to HC as soph. (Coach Gaddis' 1st year) & it was PAINFUL for everyone because these guys weren't use to lossing. Now just look at how far this group has come over these 3 yrs. & under the leadership of this coaching staff. They are making their own history for the younger players to follow & improve on.

As I said in an earlier post, work on those flaws HC so that when time comes the Patriots will be flawless.

I also agree that Calvin has alot on his shoulder, as do the other leaders on this team. The O-line guys have to make the field a place where Calvin can make those perfect plays. The D-line has to be a BLOCK WALL so that the other team can't forge to the endzone for winning touchdowns. Daniel Allen has to make his kicks, the running backs...so on & so on.

We're not God so we'll never be perfect, but Great is in reach for the HC Patriots.

Mr. YANKER...that sounds very official and ceremonial...the YANKER likes that!!! Your seniors are helping to build the winning ways that your "O-Fully Critical" friend desires. The YANKER, for one, will be glad when they are gone...and they can take your 275 lb. battering ram of a running back and #58 with them!!!!!!!!

I saw this group of seniors when they were at Grove, play and lose to Dickson County. I believe they were undefeated and it was the last game of the year.

Thats one thing I don't understand. Why have a seperate freshman school and team. I have heard the two don't get along. I might be wrong, maybe a HC fan can clarify this.

I can understand why HC fans are upset, I think they are a much better team than 5-4. HC has talent, and McNairl is a great athlete. He has to put the team on his shoulders going into the playoffs for HC to be successful.

I saw this group of seniors when they were at Grove, play and lose to Dickson County. I believe they were undefeated and it was the last game of the year.

Thats one thing I don't understand. Why have a seperate freshman school and team. I have heard the two don't get along. I might be wrong, maybe a HC fan can clarify this.

I can understand why HC fans are upset, I think they are a much better team than 5-4. HC has talent, and McNairl is a great athlete. He has to put the team on his shoulders going into the playoffs for HC to be successful.

Not get along? I have been involved with both programs and have never heard of a problem getting along. The varsity players go and cheer for the freshmen Patriots at every home game and some away. I think it is great that the freshmen get a chance to play a whole year and not have to sit on the sidelines. They get opportunities they would not get if they were all one team.

When my son played for Tigrett Middle School we played Grove and they drilled us. I talked to some fans from Grove and they said that many of the players would probably quit and not play high school ball. Did HC used to have a problem with carrying players over from Middle school to high school before Coach G came along?

I, too, believe that sometimes a "winning tradition" can be overrated. In Jackson the "winning tradition" of USJ has been a joke on many occasions because of the competition they play in their nonregion games. Their nonregion games are still basically the single A teams they used to play, and now those single A teams are beating them so their tradition is faltering. Other teams of that quality, like JCS, try to strengthen their team by playing competition that tests their team, such as DCA and South Side. Coach Massey at North Side believes that the way to improve is to test your limits and play the tough competition in nonregion games. That is why we had Fairley scheluded for a few years and now play Memphis East. Plus we continue to keep South Side on our schedule. Say what you want to about classifications, but you play a South Side, Crockett County, or Milan is a non region match-up, your team is going to be put to the test whether your AAAA or AAAAA.

Not get along? I have been involved with both programs and have never heard of a problem getting along. The varsity players go and cheer for the freshmen Patriots at every home game and some away. I think it is great that the freshmen get a chance to play a whole year and not have to sit on the sidelines. They get opportunities they would not get if they were all one team.

I didn't mean the players themselves. I also didn't mean have a freshman team, i meant why have a seperate freshman school. I think any team that can, should have a freshman team. They should have the freshman at the high school, learning the same system. I know for a fact, they used to play in different systems. Seen both them play a couple of times. You misunderstood me.

I didn't mean the players themselves. I also didn't mean have a freshman team, i meant why have a seperate freshman school. I think any team that can, should have a freshman team. They should have the freshman at the high school, learning the same system. I know for a fact, they used to play in different systems. Seen both them play a couple of times. You misunderstood me.

The separate school is one of a kind. It is because of the transition from middle school to high school is usually where problems creep up for kids. The idea is so that the transition to high school is alleviated. The same coaches coach the kids now so it isn't really a big change going to the high school as far as football is concerned.

I misunderstood you. I thought you meant there were problems between the programs. I assure you there is not! That is the bad thing about reading posts, words can easily be mistaken.

Mr. YANKER...that sounds very official and ceremonial...the YANKER likes that!!! Your seniors are helping to build the winning ways that your "O-Fully Critical" friend desires. The YANKER, for one, will be glad when they are gone...and they can take your 275 lb. battering ram of a running back and #58 with them!!!!!!!!

My Dear Sir, the title "Mr. Yanker" suits your appearance & elevated level of education. It is visible that your father passed his morals & tradtions on to you in your raising. I can't recall once during the game see you get your feathers ruffled (your father & you just stood up quietly to watch the close plays). You have shown Real Class after JCM's loss to HC and in my eyes earning the title.