PRAYERS FOR JIM CAWLEY

I read in the UC Messenger today that longtime Union City broadcaster Jim Cawley had been moved to Baptist-East in Memphis for what is believed to be a minor heart attack or a stroke....Cawley and longtime sidekick Mike Rauchle(pronounced ricely) have been doing sports in Obion County,mainly Union City,for over 30 years....Keep Jim and his family in your thoughts and prayers during his illness....

I know alot of folks that don't know anything about UC sports,won't know who this is,but Jim is a widely respected radio personality across the state to his peers in radio and print media....

I read in the UC Messenger today that longtime Union City broadcaster Jim Cawley had been moved to Baptist-East in Memphis for what is believed to be a minor heart attack or a stroke....Cawley and longtime sidekick Mike Rauchle(pronounced ricely) have been doing sports in Obion County,mainly Union City,for over 30 years....Keep Jim and his family in your thoughts and prayers during his illness....

I know alot of folks that don't know anything about UC sports,won't know who this is,but Jim is a widely respected radio personality across the state to his peers in radio and print media....

It won't sound the same without Jim calling the game for UC while he's recovering from his heart attack. He's a terrific broadcaster. I believe he was doing the play by play for Obion Central when they won the AA basketball title in 86' with Cannon Whitby. He's also called all four Union City basketball championships.

Jim is indeed a great play-by-play man, and is a super guy. I have had the chance to become friends with him over the years, and he does love high school sports, and has become a large part of UCHS sports. Our prayers go out to him and his family. If I know Jim, you will hear him very soon on the air.

According to the UC Messenger on 10-18,Jim Cawley is still hospitalized at Baptist Mem Hospital in Memphis...He was scheduled to have an MRI and a heart catherization test this morning......

I thought I would add this about Jim also...He is a football official and works junior high,freshman and JV games..He also has been an instrumental figure in upgrading and renovating the Babe Ruth baseball facilities in Union City,making it one of the premier leagues in our region...The two South East Regional baseball tournaments Union City has hosted can attest to that fact..He serves on the Parks and Recreation Board in Union City..He is a very important figure in youth sports in Union City.....

Keep Jim and his family in your thoughts and prayers.....

According to the UC Messenger on 10-18,Jim Cawley is still hospitalized at Baptist Mem Hospital in Memphis...He was scheduled to have an MRI and a heart catherization test this morning......

I thought I would add this about Jim also...He is a football official and works junior high,freshman and JV games..He also has been an instrumental figure in upgrading and renovating the Babe Ruth baseball facilities in Union City,making it one of the premier leagues in our region...The two South East Regional baseball tournaments Union City has hosted can attest to that fact..He serves on the Parks and Recreation Board in Union City..He is a very important figure in youth sports in Union City.....

Keep Jim and his family in your thoughts and prayers.....

backintha....Jim has truely been involved with youth sports, jr high and high school sports for many years, and on many different levels. As a broadcaster, official, or working with Babe Ruth, he is always right in the middle of the mix, doing whatever is needed. Please continue to pray for Jim and his family.

Thoughts and prayers from Bruceton.