Top Linebackers in 1A

BigDogBaller

to take out any ? no one close to the program should keep stats.the stat both sides of the ball better pay attention to is 3rd conversions.the only one i would trust is krich he would make sure it was done obj. with nothing to gain . does the dc give out stats to anyone on everyone???? the front is pretty good.

I totally agree the stats need to be kept by someone who would be objective. The defense is good, but I don't think you can single out one player. The line, LBs, and DBs is what makes the defense not just one player. The bottom line is winning, not stats.

Go Rangers!!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maplewood..got da best... linebackes...in da...state

and i have the best poser in the state ... one day ill let you wear my jock strap.. to honor your deeds and service to me ..why dont you just keep it, its to small for me and besides it looks better on you ..and keep up the good work ...and maplewood does have a pretty good LB crew .. but they are not 1A .. like the topic says ..we have to work on your reading son.

Edited by boski

I totally agree the stats need to be kept by someone who would be objective. The defense is good, but I don't think you can single out one player. The line, LBs, and DBs is what makes the defense not just one player. The bottom line is winning, not stats.

Go Rangers!!!!

good point .stats used the wrong way are for loosers to make themselves feel better. and look better. the last time i checked this was still a team sport.this is the wrong way to be thinking.the parents i work with like the way the team is headed and aren't into singleing out any one player.krich this would be a good job for you give us your thoughts on this.it's time for coffe.

to take out any ? no one close to the program should keep stats.the stat both sides of the ball better pay attention to is 3rd conversions.the only one i would trust is krich he would make sure it was done obj. with nothing to gain . does the dc give out stats to anyone on everyone???? the front is pretty good.

Jacob Estep is the first to admit that the Unaka defensive scheme - like most schemes - is built around getting the better tacklers, most often linebackers, to the football. In fact, Jacob said so in the Johnson City Press article by Jeff Birchfield earlier this week (I think, Tuesday). *Incidentally, a very well-written article.

And, I'm certain that Donald Ensor would agree that Ben Smitley is one of the best-kept secrets in East Tennessee football.

As to the stats: Same thing. Coach Ensor will allow review of the game-films, but I have no reason to doubt the numbers. Estep has made a truckload of tackles.

And, Sniper makes a great point about the rest of the team. This defense, in spite of the two blowouts by Temple and Cloudland, has been tremendous. Taylor has been a monster since his return in game three, and Lewis is just approaching 100% since his early-season (first game) injury. The Rangers are a huge threat to advance in the playoffs. I think they will.

Jacob Estep is the first to admit that the Unaka defensive scheme - like most schemes - is built around getting the better tacklers, most often linebackers, to the football. In fact, Jacob said so in the Johnson City Press article by Jeff Birchfield earlier this week (I think, Tuesday). *Incidentally, a very well-written article.

And, I'm certain that Donald Ensor would agree that Ben Smitley is one of the best-kept secrets in East Tennessee football.

As to the stats: Same thing. Coach Ensor will allow review of the game-films, but I have no reason to doubt the numbers. Estep has made a truckload of tackles.

And, Sniper makes a great point about the rest of the team. This defense, in spite of the two blowouts by Temple and Cloudland, has been tremendous. Taylor has been a monster since his return in game three, and Lewis is just approaching 100% since his early-season (first game) injury. The Rangers are a huge threat to advance in the playoffs. I think they will.

This list would NOT be complete without adding the names of Will Merrick and Tyler Reeder from McKenzie. I can't give stats today but, they are both very good ones. As soon as I can get their stats, I'll add 'em on here.

OK, I've got the stats on Reeder and Merrick.

First, Reeder and Merrick are the leading two class A tacklers in west TN at this time. And Merrick missed last weeks game with Lake Co. so he's only played 7 games.

#1 Reeder has 72 tackles and #2 Merrick has 68 thru 8 games (only 7 games for Merrick and he was #1 in west TN class A untill last week. That's just a tad shy of 10 tackles per game and both of these two play both ways. Reeder is the center on offense while Merrick has been sharing time at running back.

krich you've seen them all who is the best lb to play at uhs rank them.i'll sit back and enjoy my coffe while you enlighten us.no stats please we'er not trying make anyone feel good about them selves pump someone up so they will get a pat on the back.just an honest opnion.if you would like a short reason why by each one .remember no stats.