Smyrna Scheduling Woes

tnko

SOMS boy Spencer graduated and has 2 youngens (boys) left, but their years away from high school. Som and everyone else that is not a coach (only 1 of those) are not allowed in the practices as of this year. Probably a good thing... no distractions from the torture of the new coach, whos' only got one thing on his mind. But if its any consolation to Soms fans out there..... he has recruited a couple of new "SOCIAL BUTTERFLIES" this year... they are just like him without the POTBELLY hehe.

What does he got on his mind??

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does he got on his mind??

I'm not sure what everyone's talking about. :lol: I do plan to come see and support the Bulldogs when I'm in town. My gut is doing fine and has remained somewhat stable since I may need to be prepared for a Soms - Vol match-up :rolleyes:

I have been asked by Blackman coaches to have at least one of my sons (LeGrand) come over this season to help out since our new middle school has no wrestling. My other younger son outweighs him, but not quite the tiger (he's actually more like his older brother Spencer - steady and calculated, but again, not the fighter).

I'll be over at Blackman tomorrow getting the boys signed up. What's funny, is we are actually zoned for Blackman H.S. right now. We'll see where they end up.

Smyrna should be a decent young team with lots of drive under the hard-nosed focus of Coach Chris Garner. They will offer some challenge this season. I'm not sure how they will fare in the Rutherford Co. Duals, however. Hopefully they can keep their steak of five years alive. Blackman and Oakland have really come along, and Blackman clearly has one of the strongest feeeders in the state now.

soms

I'm not sure what everyone's talking about. :rolleyes: I do plan to come see and support the Bulldogs when I'm in town. My gut is doing fine and has remained somewhat stable since I may need to be prepared for a Soms - Vol match-up :)

I have been asked by Blackman coaches to have at least one of my sons (LeGrand) come over this season to help out since our new middle school has no wrestling. My other younger son outweighs him, but not quite the tiger (he's actually more like his older brother Spencer - steady and calculated, but again, not the fighter).

I'll be over at Blackman tomorrow getting the boys signed up. What's funny, is we are actually zoned for Blackman H.S. right now. We'll see where they end up.

Smyrna should be a decent young team with lots of drive under the hard-nosed focus of Coach Chris Garner. They will offer some challenge this season. I'm not sure how they will fare in the Rutherford Co. Duals, however. Hopefully they can keep their steak of five years alive. Blackman and Oakland have really come along, and Blackman clearly has one of the strongest feeeders in the state now.

soms

Good to see your still alive soms.... your FAN CLUB MEMBERS have been posting for weeks now about you and I believe they were getting worried that with you not rebutting their funnies, their dues were being rerouted to off-shore accounts in Switzerland and their leader had jumped ship. :lol:

Good to see your still alive soms.... your FAN CLUB MEMBERS have been posting for weeks now about you and I believe they were getting worried that with you not rebutting their funnies, their dues were being rerouted to off-shore accounts in Switzerland and their leader had jumped ship. :lol:

First the team loses their senior starters (9), then their coaches (4), now soms is pulling his kids (15). :) HEHE HAHA. I believe the team funds are drained as well ($0). Probably in those offshore accounts with the rest of your fan club money. :rolleyes:

First the team loses their senior starters (9), then their coaches (4), now soms is pulling his kids (15). :D HEHE HAHA. I believe the team funds are drained as well ($0). Probably in those offshore accounts with the rest of your fan club money. :lol:

I never meant to say that I was pulling my kids, but Kennedy, you must admit will help them get ready for wherever they end up in HS. As for the funds, they were all kept in the US and spent at Ruth's Cris for the state celebration party (all family members invited). $95 per plate X 6 families. Getting six to state was a big deal for SHS after the disaster in 2005.. <_<

On a serious note: I believe my boys would benefit* greatly from the new coach G with his rigid approach and expectations in HS *(they already have the last few years). Now Spence would have butted heads, as we know he did with others as well (wonder where that comes from :o ).... but we all know LeGrand and Hunter are different animals for sure. We're excited to stay involved to some level the next several years. Coach Gonyea will be back involved too one day with his talented little guy, and I believe he told me of his plans to help with the Bull Dawg in Jan. '07.

How 'bout your little guy,,, 103? ready for the new season? gobbling up Garner's practices?

I never meant to say that I was pulling my kids, but Kennedy, you must admit will help them get ready for wherever they end up in HS. As for the funds, they were all kept in the US and spent at Ruth's Cris for the state celebration party (all family members invited). $95 per plate X 6 families. Getting six to state was a big deal for SHS after the disaster in 2005.. ;)

On a serious note: I believe my boys would benefit* greatly from the new coach G with his rigid approach and expectations in HS *(they already have the last few years). Now Spence would have butted heads, as we know he did with others as well (wonder where that comes from :lol: ).... but we all know LeGrand and Hunter are different animals for sure. We're excited to stay involved to some level the next several years. Coach Gonyea will be back involved too one day with his talented little guy, and I believe he told me of his plans to help with the Bull Dawg in Jan. '07.

How 'bout your little guy,,, 103? ready for the new season? gobbling up Garner's practices?

He's a BIG 116!!! :thumb: , but i'll let tnko tell you more about that.

Edited by DAKEKO

I never meant to say that I was pulling my kids, but Kennedy, you must admit will help them get ready for wherever they end up in HS. As for the funds, they were all kept in the US and spent at Ruth's Cris for the state celebration party (all family members invited). $95 per plate X 6 families. Getting six to state was a big deal for SHS after the disaster in 2005.. :thumb:

On a serious note: I believe my boys would benefit* greatly from the new coach G with his rigid approach and expectations in HS *(they already have the last few years). Now Spence would have butted heads, as we know he did with others as well (wonder where that comes from ;) ).... but we all know LeGrand and Hunter are different animals for sure. We're excited to stay involved to some level the next several years. Coach Gonyea will be back involved too one day with his talented little guy, and I believe he told me of his plans to help with the Bull Dawg in Jan. '07.

Got him to 105 for a GA pre-season tourny and bout killed him (lost 10 lbs). So thought it would be safer to go 112 this year. Hes at 6% body fat at 111 so he failed the weight density anyway. GOD HELP HIM AT 112!!!!! :ph34r: