Ooltewah Moves To 9-0

GradfromtheNest

Good job Owls!

Oak Ridge drove down and scored on the first drive...and didn't hardly sniff a first down the rest of the way...

Before I say this next part, I really do respect Oak Ridge..they've got an incredible program with a great history. If they were 0-9, it would be great to beat them!

It kind of cracks me up listening to this one online...the play-by-play guy is great. He's been a very good announcer and very NON-biased..but this color man is killing me...he keeps saying how Ooltewah is "ok" but not a "great" team. And then how Ooltewah rushed the field after beating a 5-3 team...and how they would not do that against Heritage...yes, they do that against Heritage...wait, now he's saying what a great program Oak Ridge has had, and that Ooltewah is just now on the rise...and that he's basically implying that in 60 years they won't have a super power program like Oak Ridge has had...

Oh well, too bad this season is played this year and not in 60 years.

The last 6 meetings: Ooltewah 4, Oak Ridge 2!

I will be pulling for Oak Ridge next week against Farragut though!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the guy was talking down about Ooltewah. Saying they were the worst 2nd team in the state that he has seen. Whats up with that. I don't know what game he watched but OR drove the ball 65 yards on the first drive and scored which I expected them to do considering their situation. OR finished with 105 yards total offense. Ooltewah had 300 and had the ball twice as long as OR. Ooltewah had 3 scores with fieldgoals. Turn those fieldgoals into TD's and Ooltewah wins 35-6. Anyway, I have tons of respect for OR but I just think he was out of line making those comments. Did you guys really think Ooltewah rushed the field? Half the guys on the team were cramping while walking to shake hands. Good luck OR and beat the Fairygut Admirals!

I heard the guy was talking down about Ooltewah. Saying they were the worst 2nd team in the state that he has seen. Whats up with that. I don't know what game he watched but OR drove the ball 65 yards on the first drive and scored which I expected them to do considering their situation. OR finished with 105 yards total offense. Ooltewah had 300 and had the ball twice as long as OR. Ooltewah had 3 scores with fieldgoals. Turn those fieldgoals into TD's and Ooltewah wins 35-6. Anyway, I have tons of respect for OR but I just think he was out of line making those comments. Did you guys really think Ooltewah rushed the field? Half the guys on the team were cramping while walking to shake hands. Good luck OR and beat the Fairygut Admirals!

I did listen to a little of the post game report, and you guys are right, it was a little critical of the Owls. (You have to admit--the Owls were not exactly potent in the first half.) The guy leading the postgame report tried to keep it balanced and positive. I would just chalk it up to frustration for a very good football program who just suffered through a pretty bad season. I've seen the Ooltewah people storm the field after a win and gather on the field a number of times. He probably doesn't realize that. Also, Ooltewah is in new territory. This is the first undefeated regular season team in almost 50 years. That first group of Ooltewah players had an undefeated season in their first few years--at least that is what one of them told me. Back in those days they didn't have playoffs--just a mythical champion, so we'll probably never know how good they were.

All of the Ooltewah fans have a good reason to celebrate--it looks like they will enjoy that undefeated season at the hands of Soddy Daisy next week.

Congratulations to the team and all of the Ooltewah parents and fans.

First of all, congratulations on the win and the region championship.

Secondly, I will be pulling for all the region teams in the playoffs and hope they all do very well, including Ooltewah if they are able to make it deep into the playoffs. I, like the color man, just have ONE opportunity to see the Owls play. Like him, I was expecting a lot more just to be honest.

Loved the quarterback play, the defense was solid against an offense that has simply struggled. When comparing them to Dobyns-Bennett, the DB linebackers and defense overall is head and shoulders better. And, there's not much difference in the offenses.

Like I said, I just get to see these teams one time, so perhaps the Owls just looked mediocre on this particular game. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see any Region 2-5A team doing all that great in the playoffs. But ... good luck to the Owls and one more thing, get a fight song! :thumb:

While I am a huge fan of Rocky Top, you need something to call your own, hehe.

First of all, congratulations on the win and the region championship.

Secondly, I will be pulling for all the region teams in the playoffs and hope they all do very well, including Ooltewah if they are able to make it deep into the playoffs. I, like the color man, just have ONE opportunity to see the Owls play. Like him, I was expecting a lot more just to be honest.

Loved the quarterback play, the defense was solid against an offense that has simply struggled. When comparing them to Dobyns-Bennett, the DB linebackers and defense overall is head and shoulders better. And, there's not much difference in the offenses.

Like I said, I just get to see these teams one time, so perhaps the Owls just looked mediocre on this particular game. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see any Region 2-5A team doing all that great in the playoffs. But ... good luck to the Owls and one more thing, get a fight song! ;)

CONGRADS TO THE OWLS, 9-0 BABY! I THINK IT IS A GOOD THING THAT THESE TEAMS WONT GIVE THE OWLS ANY RESPECT. DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN SPANKING OAK RIDGE AT OAK RIDGE. I BELIEVE I PREDICTED A 24 - 10 OWLS WIN, BUT IM MEDIOCRE JUST LIKE THE OWLS. :thumb:

Like I said, I just get to see these teams one time, so perhaps the Owls just looked mediocre on this particular game. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see any Region 2-5A team doing all that great in the playoffs. But ... good luck to the Owls and one more thing, get a fight song! :thumb:

Agree with you 100% on the fight song, but the band director is a UT grad and his son is currently a member of the Pride of the Southland, thus we are stuck with Rocky Top.

On the game, Ooltewah did look mediocre last night, but the Cats had a lot to do with that. The Cats played like they had nothing to lose, throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the Owls. The only thing I question from the OR coaching staff is why Tyler Clark didn't play after the 1st quarter. He did lead the Cats on their only meaningful drive, throws a pick, and is out the rest of the game. Real bright!!!!!

Too bad we didn't meet last night, Tank. Were you not in the press box? Did meet bounder and ImaOwl, he did want to meet you.

Ooltewah was in the backfield all night. Defense was flying everywhere and hitting people hard. #20 Darrell Turner is one of my favorite players. 6'1 227 starting Defensive end and deep man on Kick off return, he is a beast. One of the fastest players on the team and probably the hardest hitter. Ooltewah had tons of punishing hits on OR all night. Oak Ridge's defense is good. Thats the first time we played a defense like that. Man coverage on everyplay and stacked 8 men in the box. #52 for Oak Ridge is a great linebacker. I hope he does well in college wherever he goes. About DB having a better defense. Oak Ridge did what they wanted to do and drove the ball 65 yards on the first drive to score. After that they only managed only 40 yards throughout the game. That is big. To only hold Oak Ridge to 40 yards total offensive for 45 out of 48 minutes is big. DB must of had a very good defense when you played them because Ooltewah played great after that first drive.

I know the Owls did not dominate like they have thus far...but I don't care if what team it is...23-6 is a good win...especially over a traditional power like Oak Ridge....and the guy was very critical of Ooltewah rushing the field....

Give me a freakin break man, they just clinched a Region 2-5A regular season championship!!! Is it not ok to be just a little excited?? Especially for a team that has 18 new starters?!?!?

I know the Owls did not dominate like they have thus far...but I don't care if what team it is...23-6 is a good win...especially over a traditional power like Oak Ridge....and the guy was very critical of Ooltewah rushing the field....

Give me a freakin break man, they just clinched a Region 2-5A regular season championship!!! Is it not ok to be just a little excited?? Especially for a team that has 18 new starters?!?!?

Again, Grad. I think the guy just sounded a little frustrated. I believe his comments are more a reflection of the frustration they are experiencing regarding a season that is far below their standards. Sometimes people take their frustration out on others, even though the frustration comes from another source entirely. I really think that is the case here.

From what I have heard Ooltewah was not on top of their game, especially in the first half. What a lot of people don't realize is how young the Ooltewah team is as well. They have some strong leadership, but they have a lot of sophomores and juniors playing every week. This will be a team to contend with for several years to come. Even their freshmen team is overwhelming their opponents every week.

But I do fully expect Oak Ridge to be in the mix again next year. They will be tough to beat; Ooltewah better be glad they have them at home next year.

I can't do the pressbox, plus I love taking my own photos. I feel dirty watching football in the box, hehe. Maybe next year!

Agree with you 100% on the fight song, but the band director is a UT grad and his son is currently a member of the Pride of the Southland, thus we are stuck with Rocky Top.

On the game, Ooltewah did look mediocre last night, but the Cats had a lot to do with that. The Cats played like they had nothing to lose, throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the Owls. The only thing I question from the OR coaching staff is why Tyler Clark didn't play after the 1st quarter. He did lead the Cats on their only meaningful drive, throws a pick, and is out the rest of the game. Real bright!!!!!

Too bad we didn't meet last night, Tank. Were you not in the press box? Did meet bounder and ImaOwl, he did want to meet you.