A/AA Brackets

chasanooga

North Carolina splits them up into a western and eastern region to help with logistics and these champions meet for the state title. Which I believe they play at the Cary site for the national team which is also super cool.

That is a cool complex. I got to watch the mens ACC final there one year during the CASL tournament. The atmosphere was tremendous.

It also makes a lot of sense to play there because most of the talent is in the central between Greensboro, Charlotte, Winston Salem, and Raleigh. I am sure most of the schools in those areas end up in the finals.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And talking about the public verses the private. Public should play public and private should play private and then there wouldnt be any problems.

This is probably the biggest debate on Coach T (and on the sidelines of almost every game) You can get all the arguements over in the other section! Basically it is probably a "no win" situation either way!

I know it is luck of the draw on how the teams are matched up against each other, but this year these 2 regions are loaded with top ranked teams. These are the rankings per Eurosportscoreboard.com on the A/AA rankings as of Oct 22

Region 3

Sweetwater #8 hosts CCS #4

Notre Dame #1 hosts Grace # 7

Region 5

FRA # 2 hosts Clarksville Academy

Fairview hosts #10 DCA

While I realize setting up playoffs /bracketing based on seeding or rankings is tough some very good teams will not advance because they are in a very competitive region. With 6 of the states top 10 teams coming out of these 2 regions I think that some of these teams that will go into the losers brackets will have a chance to make some noise in some other regions.

What are other people's thoughts on seeding or just letting the chips fall where they may?

Region 5 had perhaps the most depth. Not only #2 FRA and #10 DCA, but #6 David Lipscomb and #9 CPA didn't even make it out of districts.

Region 5 had perhaps the most depth. Not only #2 FRA and #10 DCA, but #6 David Lipscomb and #9 CPA didn't even make it out of districts.

Don C brings up a good point; 2 other ranked teams don't make out of district due to the competitiveness of their region. There are 8 of the top ten ranked teams coming out of these 2 regions and ultimatley more ranked teams will fall before they can advance to state. While looking at the left side of the brackets (Regions 5, 3, 8, and 2) vs right side of brackets , (region 7, 6, 4 and 1) left brackets have 10* of the top 11 ranked teams.

Per DonC's earlier observation CPA #9 has been knocked out and also Lipscomb #6 and Madison region 8 is ranked at # 11. Only USJ ranked at # 5 is in the right bracket. To extrapolate this further ( for the fun of it) this means that 8 of the 9 remaining ranked teams (from the left bracket) are vying for that one elusive spot for the state championship while on the right side USJ is hoping their #5 ranking prevails. Just an observation.

To view brackets go to www.chattanoogan.com

*Though it doesn't show on rankings for Eurosportscoreboard.com I believe that CAK is ranked #3 (for whatever reason there is no ranking for that spot) .

Edited by chasanooga

I think someone tried to update CAK's scores, and totally messed it up. It won't even let me in to try and fix it.

Now, the one thing about the brackets, is that though the left side has more than the right, losing region finals will kick you to a different side. That way, two teams from the same region cannot meet until the state finals. I haven't looked at it closely, yet, so I don't know how that could change things.

Don C brings up a good point; 2 other ranked teams don't make out of district due to the competitiveness of their region. There are 8 of the top ten ranked teams coming out of these 2 regions and ultimatley more ranked teams will fall before they can advance to state. While looking at the left side of the brackets (Regions 5, 3, 8, and 2) vs right side of brackets , (region 7, 6, 4 and 1) left brackets have 10* of the top 11 ranked teams.

Per DonC's earlier observation CPA #9 has been knocked out and also Lipscomb #6 and Madison region 8 is ranked at # 11. Only USJ ranked at # 5 is in the right bracket. To extrapolate this further ( for the fun of it) this means that 8 of the 9 remaining ranked teams (from the left bracket) are vying for that one elusive spot for the state championship while on the right side USJ is hoping their #5 ranking prevails. Just an observation.

To view brackets go to www.chattanoogan.com

*Though it doesn't show on rankings for Eurosportscoreboard.com I believe that CAK is ranked #3 (for whatever reason there is no ranking for that spot) .

Ok yea, but look at the season, FRA blew out everyone during their regular season district play. FRA even put down power house Centennial Highschool. even if they were to move districts somehow they would still blow out everyone. and if FRA does not get to play these ranked teams like CPA and lipscomb, they could win through district with their JV and maby region with their JV.

Definately not suggesting anything here....but should any of the 3 top ranked schools get upset in the regions....it looks like they would have a much easier path to the state finals than by winning!......that is too bad.....for everone! just the luck of the draw :thumb: !!!

Does anyone know how the home site for the regional finals is/was selected?

Edited by flashgordon

Definately not suggesting anything here....but should any of the 3 top ranked schools get upset in the regions....it looks like they would have a much easier path to the state finals than by winning!......that is too bad.....for everone! just the luck of the draw :thumb: !!!

Does anyone know how the home site for the regional finals is/was selected?

ya i think the winners of each district get home advantage, and if both the winners win, they flip a coin to see who gets home field advantage.

So is Fairview our Cinderella this year. Assuming FRA wins regionals and Fairview is runner up, how is region 6?

I'm sure Fairview will be pumped up after their big upset...and getting to play at home.....FRA on the other hand might feel a little payback is due after the recent Fairview and FRA Football game.....probably not Coach Mac's style though....The Fairview Football Coach probably wouldn't catch on anyway....and I'm sure Coach Mac would just say it doesn't have anything to do with the soccer team!

Still, I like to see what goes around....come around every now and then! :thumb:

ya i think the winners of each district get home advantage, and if both the winners win, they flip a coin to see who gets home field advantage.

Well, if the only thing FRA loses the rest of the year is a "coin toss" that would be a very good thing for them!