top 152's in the state

wrestlerbk160

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think wright would dominate felix? felix was the national champ last season.

Wright was most dominant all season last year, but he did not dominate, at least in my estimation, in the state finals last season. This TD expert certainly would have made the finals at 145 last season, but the gold would have likely escaped him judging the way he and Ben Scott were so evenly matched and what Felix ended up doing to this common opponent.

Where's Soddy's kid (Toney?) going? He gave Felix a decent match in the semi's and finished strong for third..

I suppose Felix and Waddell would be a good match and I really couldn't say who would win that match. I really would like to see a felix - creagan match-up.

soms

Edited by soms

Wright was most dominant all season last year, but he did not dominate, at least in my estimation, in the state finals last season. This TD expert certainly would have made the finals at 145 last season, but the gold would have likely escaped him judging the way he and Ben Scott were so evenly matched and what Felix ended up doing to this common opponent.

Where's Soddy's kid (Toney?) going? He gave Felix a decent match in the semi's and finished strong for third..

I suppose Felix and Waddell would be a good match and I really couldn't say who would win that match. I really would like to see a felix - creagan match-up.

soms

If Felix and Wright were to stay at 152 then that would be worth the price of admission to the state. That would be the one for the ages state final.,

soms

Wright and Scott were not at all evenly matched last year. I know they wrestled close once but I'm pretty sure Scott was blatantly stalling on his feet and it was also a pre-season event in November. I know for a fact Brandon pinned him later in the year. And, the only points Spain scored on Wright in the finals were escapes if I remember correctly...

soms

On a related side-note there was a Waddell / Wright match-up at the TWF Best of the Best event this year. Close match with Wright coming out on top (yes this was freestyle and not folkstyle). To all wrestling fans, if this event comes to your area you should go, it ends up being some fantastic match-ups and the closest thing to an All-Star event that you will see. Some of the other interesting matches that I remember were Demetrius Johnson / Hunter Randolph, Chris Reynolds / Mikey Fuller, and Darius (DeDe) Williams / Jake Young. Thats just a couple (all from the West vs South dual) and there were plenty of others. It rotates year to year and this year should be in either Chatt or Nashville.

Edited by WrestleSBA

On a related side-note there was a Waddell / Wright match-up at the TWF Best of the Best event this year. Close match with Wright coming out on top (yes this was freestyle and not folkstyle). To all wrestling fans, if this event comes to your area you should go, it ends up being some fantastic match-ups and the closest thing to an All-Star event that you will see. Some of the other interesting matches that I remember were Demetrius Johnson / Hunter Randolph, Chris Reynolds / Mikey Fuller, and Darius (DeDe) Williams / Jake Young. Thats just a couple (all from the West vs South dual) and there were plenty of others. It rotates year to year and this year should be in either Chatt or Nashville.

What were the outcomes? I heard from the B-Bear that Felix also lost to Wright during the summer. Is that correct,,, and if so, what was the margin of victory?

well felix is currently ranked 15 in the country by usawrestling.org, however brandon is one of my brest friends and i think he would dominate anyone you put up against him he showed it last year

I know that Brandon and Felix have been wrestling each other for a long time. Felix won most their matches I think until maybe the freestyle season after freshman year. Then the matches started getting closer. I don't know how long it's been since they have wrestled folkstyle, because I think Brandon has been a weight class or two above Felix for the last two years. I think this match would be very interesting, because both of these guys are so strong and good on their feet. Felix has been better on the mat, but I have rarely seen anyone consistently hang with Wright from neutral. Brandon has improved vastly each year, and he is probably the hardest, most devoted worker in West TN. Felix has been talented since he entered high school, so it might come down to whether or not Brandon has kept improving like he has before. It gets harder every year. I think the match would come down to either Felix stealing a takedown or Wright being able to ride out a period. I can't see too many back points in a match between these two. I would love to see it, though.