JCM-Hardin County

Yanker

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not heard any news Yanker. I talked to Billy Parks last week and once again he said he would be back this week. He keeps saying that he`s ready to go, but the coach keeps holding him out. He had told me he was ready for the Henry County game too. We will need him Friday night against Deberry.

I also tried to convince Coach Hampton to check out our Aussie transfer student. Rumor has it that he`s played some Australian Rules football and is an excellent drop kicker. I suggested to coach that he give it a look and see how good this kid is. It could well solve our extra point problems. And wouldn`t that be a treat to see a drop kick. :)

Hey VG, seen a drop kick one time. It was actually in a HS game. You should have heard folks in that stands complaining how illegal they thought it was.

Hardin County QB is IMO one of the most improved players in the Region this year. Give him time to pass and JCM will have some problems. But I think for them to beat JCM they have to run the football some and don't know if they will be able to.

Hey VG, seen a drop kick one time. It was actually in a HS game. You should have heard folks in that stands complaining how illegal they thought it was.

Hardin County QB is IMO one of the most improved players in the Region this year. Give him time to pass and JCM will have some problems. But I think for them to beat JCM they have to run the football some and don't know if they will be able to.

It should be very interesting especially with the weather forecast of rain and 20- 30 mph winds. How that will effect the passing games of both teams will be critical. t may come down to who can run the ball most effectively.

Steady rain right now in Jackson. Somehow I think the wet field at Rothrock will be a huge factor in the outcome of this game. No one keeps the field watered like Hardegree use to do and it was very apparent this year. We didn`t play at any field this year where I saw more dust flying than I did at Rothrock. I`m really curious to see if the rain soaks it enough to produce muddy conditions.

The YANKER is not scratching my head!!! Munford has the most talent in any backfield in the whole region and they have a pretty good line.Why wouldn't they be good??? They are not "hanging around" until the fourth quarter...they are getting whipped in the first half and whipping their opponents in the second half. Their best players (90% of them) did not even go to school there last year. I wish we would have three of our four best players "move in" to the JCM zone next year! There is plenty of head scratching going on around here but not over Munford lulling anyone to sleep!!!

News Flash..The coaches at Munford moved a kid that had played TACKLE for the last 3 years to fullback. Seems that they recognied the fact that he might be able to contribute to the running game as he had quickness and started on the cougar basketball team. The Quarterback is the same kid that started last year. The Wingback is the same kid that played linebacker last year. The kid from East and Melrose along with the backup tailback from last year all split time at the tailback spot. My math says 3 of the 4 starters in the backfield are the same people everybody in region 7 and everywhere else KILLED! Looking at the line, the center is new (He only played lb here last year). The right guard is last years tight end. The left guard was a backup last year.The left tackle was a backup off last years team. The right tackle is the kid from Frayser. The tight end played guard last year for the cougars. The split end was a backup also last year. 9 of the starting 11 on offense were on the field last year at Munford. You people in the region that got beat need to find other excuses for your loss this year. New ideas, player position movement, and new work ethics may, just may have played a little role in the improvement seen in Munford this year. As you look to the defense, the same thing is found to be true. 9 of the starting 11 played at Munford last year. The tackle from Frayser and the db from Melrose are the only new additions to the defensive unit. I very well remember an early post in the year by the YANKER whereby he scoffed ( no...just laughed out loud) when the NSIndian suggested that Munford might actually be able to compete for the region title. Your quote was something to the effect that " to suggest that Munford could EVER compete, much less beat JCM, the perennial league champion was ludicrous. They will NEVER be able to compete with us." Does that ring a bell? GO YANK THAT!!!!!!

News Flash..The coaches at Munford moved a kid that had played TACKLE for the last 3 years to fullback. Seems that they recognied the fact that he might be able to contribute to the running game as he had quickness and started on the cougar basketball team. The Quarterback is the same kid that started last year. The Wingback is the same kid that played linebacker last year. The kid from East and Melrose along with the backup tailback from last year all split time at the tailback spot. My math says 3 of the 4 starters in the backfield are the same people everybody in region 7 and everywhere else KILLED! Looking at the line, the center is new (He only played lb here last year). The right guard is last years tight end. The left guard was a backup last year.The left tackle was a backup off last years team. The right tackle is the kid from Frayser. The tight end played guard last year for the cougars. The split end was a backup also last year. 9 of the starting 11 on offense were on the field last year at Munford. You people in the region that got beat need to find other excuses for your loss this year. New ideas, player position movement, and new work ethics may, just may have played a little role in the improvement seen in Munford this year. As you look to the defense, the same thing is found to be true. 9 of the starting 11 played at Munford last year. The tackle from Frayser and the db from Melrose are the only new additions to the defensive unit. I very well remember an early post in the year by the YANKER whereby he scoffed ( no...just laughed out loud) when the NSIndian suggested that Munford might actually be able to compete for the region title. Your quote was something to the effect that " to suggest that Munford could EVER compete, much less beat JCM, the perennial league champion was ludicrous. They will NEVER be able to compete with us." Does that ring a bell? GO YANK THAT!!!!!!

The YANKER seems to have struck a nerve...wonder why??? Munford has the most talented backfield in the region BECAUSE of #7 and #23...not because you moved a lineman and returned a QB!!! Your BEST D-lineman is #70...this is the YANKER's point...make of it what you will!!! You won the region...congratulations...and if you get your three best players each year from other schools...you may win it again!!!

I think the weather got the best of JCM tonight. The Cougars have been relying more and more on their passing game and tonight we just could not pass the ball at all. I`m not knocking our QB, but he just could not get on target at all with the wet ball and wind. I`m not taking anything away from Hardin County and their defense, but I`ve seen our QB throw the ball and he`s a pretty good passer. He was not even close to being on target tonight. I had a feeling Hardin County would win this game. They played hard and deserved the win. JCM still had their chances late as Hardin County threw an ill advised pass late that was intercepted.

The coaches from Hardin were some of the best to be around on the sideline that I have experienced. I was impressed with the way they coached their players on and off the field. You can learn a lot about a team from being on their sidelines and I thought Hardin was pretty first class all the way around. Even the few fans I got to talk to were classy as well.

I really hate their band decided to go back home before the game. The Tigers have one of the best bands in West TN. but I understand that you can`t get expensive instruments wet.