TSSAA (Padding Stats)

SergeantOwl22

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if there is a rule on padding stats.

i dont know if there is a rule (probably not) stats are kept by each team and i guess they are responsible for reporting their own stats.

defensive stats will vary due to some coaches giving only one assist per play where other coaches may have 3 or 4 players credited with an assist on the same play.

i am sure there is probably some padding going on

i wont name names but there is a certain coach who reported that his qb passed for 400 yards in a game. he was named player of the week in the local paper. we played them the next week so we had the game film. he had about 120 yards 1 td and 3 ints. this qb is also "trying to break the school career passing record" he is also the coaches son

Edited by Crock1615

FOOTBALL unwritten rules

1.0. Don't embarrass yourself, your teammates or your opponent.

1.1. Never call for an onside kick when leading by a lot of points. Rick Neuheisel, then a first-year coach at Colorado, did this against Oregon in the 1996 Cotton Bowl, starting a smoldering feud with Ducks coach Mike Bellotti. Leading 32-6 late in the game, the Buffs completed a long pass out of punt formation and went on to score a touchdown. "Those things tend to come around on you," Bellotti said.

1.15. Never call for a fake punt.

1.2. Always take a knee in the final moments when the game has been decided. This has as much to do with strategy as sportsmanship, thanksto a 1978 game known as the "Miracle of the Meadowlands." The Giants led the Eagles and were running out the clock when quarterback Joe Pisarcik opted to hand off rather than take a knee. He botched the exchange, the ball bounced to the turf, and cornerback Herman Edwards picked it up and went 26 yards for the winning touchdown.

1.3. Always remove your starters when you have a big lead in the fourth quarter. Particularly applicable in high school games, or when Georgia Tech plays Cumberland.

1.4. When you reach the end zone, pretend like you've been there before.

2.0. Play the game the right way.

2.1. Always establish the run.

2.2. Defense wins football games.

2.25. Football players make football plays. Not really a rule, but a timeworn Chuck Knox cliche.

2.3. Never take points off the scoreboard. Archaic. In a game at Indianapolis earlier this season, Ravens kicker Matt Stover made a 36-yard field goal, but Baltimore ended up accepting a defensive offside penalty and opted to go for it on 4th-and-4. Kyle Boller found Todd Heap in the end zone on the next play, and the Ravens were within 20-10 with 12:50 remaining. "On the road there are things you do that you wouldn't do at home," Ravens coach Brian Billick said of taking points off the board.

source http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/othersports/...2.html#football

That's right you have been called out my friend. :PB)

No really if there is no such rule then how can we tell what is legitimate and what is not?

MHO

1. before any record is broken and or set should be reviewed by a TSSAA locally and statewide so they may be confirmed accurate. source both stat keepers books and tapes.

No Sarge, there isn't a rule.

It's more of a matter of credibility. If people figure out you aren't honest in statkeeping or evaluation of talent (coaches especially), college coaches will not believe a recommendation by them of a student-athlete. This will hurt the kids in the long run. I don't claim to be perfect, but I have a good reputation from the media because I try to be honest in my stats. Some members of the media will use my stats instead of keeping their own beacuse of that.

No Sarge, there isn't a rule.

It's more of a matter of credibility. If people figure out you aren't honest in statkeeping or evaluation of talent (coaches especially), college coaches will not believe a recommendation by them of a student-athlete. This will hurt the kids in the long run. I don't claim to be perfect, but I have a good reputation from the media because I try to be honest in my stats. Some members of the media will use my stats instead of keeping their own beacuse of that.

You are very good at the job IMHO. Thanks!

These are great. Thanks for adding the link also.

FOOTBALL unwritten rules

1.0. Don't embarrass yourself, your teammates or your opponent.

1.1. Never call for an onside kick when leading by a lot of points. Rick Neuheisel, then a first-year coach at Colorado, did this against Oregon in the 1996 Cotton Bowl, starting a smoldering feud with Ducks coach Mike Bellotti. Leading 32-6 late in the game, the Buffs completed a long pass out of punt formation and went on to score a touchdown. "Those things tend to come around on you," Bellotti said.

1.15. Never call for a fake punt.

1.2. Always take a knee in the final moments when the game has been decided. This has as much to do with strategy as sportsmanship, thanksto a 1978 game known as the "Miracle of the Meadowlands." The Giants led the Eagles and were running out the clock when quarterback Joe Pisarcik opted to hand off rather than take a knee. He botched the exchange, the ball bounced to the turf, and cornerback Herman Edwards picked it up and went 26 yards for the winning touchdown.

1.3. Always remove your starters when you have a big lead in the fourth quarter. Particularly applicable in high school games, or when Georgia Tech plays Cumberland.

1.4. When you reach the end zone, pretend like you've been there before.

2.0. Play the game the right way.

2.1. Always establish the run.

2.2. Defense wins football games.

2.25. Football players make football plays. Not really a rule, but a timeworn Chuck Knox cliche.

2.3. Never take points off the scoreboard. Archaic. In a game at Indianapolis earlier this season, Ravens kicker Matt Stover made a 36-yard field goal, but Baltimore ended up accepting a defensive offside penalty and opted to go for it on 4th-and-4. Kyle Boller found Todd Heap in the end zone on the next play, and the Ravens were within 20-10 with 12:50 remaining. "On the road there are things you do that you wouldn't do at home," Ravens coach Brian Billick said of taking points off the board.

source http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/othersports/...2.html#football

SergeantOwl22 , you need to call them out ,and the media should be involved. they are making claims that have already been question, just because the numbers don't add up. I guess that's why none of the other teams really takes them serious in town. I guess daddy coaches can make their own rules towards stats.