Scott County

blackwidow33

Eight wins? I'd be shocked if Scott is limited to eight wins. They won nine games last year in Coach Marcum's first year, and lose only one starter and two seniors total from that team. I don't think there's ever been a Marcum team anywhere that didn't improve significantly from year one to year two. Scott has a couple of post players this year that weren't on the roster last year. Those girls should help the inside game tremendously.

I look for the Lady Highlanders to make some noise in the district this year. Win it? Probably not. But they snapped the district losing streak last year. This year, the district wins should be more plentiful. By next year, this team will be competing for the district championship, IMO.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eight wins? I'd be shocked if Scott is limited to eight wins. They won nine games last year in Coach Marcum's first year, and lose only one starter and two seniors total from that team. I don't think there's ever been a Marcum team anywhere that didn't improve significantly from year one to year two. Scott has a couple of post players this year that weren't on the roster last year. Those girls should help the inside game tremendously.

I look for the Lady Highlanders to make some noise in the district this year. Win it? Probably not. But they snapped the district losing streak last year. This year, the district wins should be more plentiful. By next year, this team will be competing for the district championship, IMO.

So you've seen them and they look good? Who do you look to see them win against in the district? Who have they scrimmaged and what were the results?

Where did they get the post players you talk about? Are they incoming Freshman, Transfers or what? I do agree that Marcum is a very good coach, but do you really believe they will make that much progress in such a short time? And as for next year and them competing for the district championship, are you forgetting about Stone Memorial, Loudon, Kingston, and CAK? Stone Memorial will be the team to beat for the next couple of years, Loudon will also be tough for the next couple of years, and Kingston will be returing everyone from this years team next year.

I also heard they had a few girls not returning.

It sounds like there is so much uncertainity that no one on this thread really knows what Scott County is going to have until they actually play their first district game against Kingston. The Lady Jackets wont be a powerhouse but will definitely be better than last year. They are still young and will probably be starting 3 juniors, a sophmore and either a Sr or another Sophmore. I'm not sure if the two head coaches from these schools are still roommates, but I'm sure they have similiar coaching strategies, it will be fun to see who outwits and outplays the other.

Where did they get the post players you talk about? Are they incoming Freshman, Transfers or what?

They have a couple of junior post players, one of whom missed all of last season due to an injury and one of whom decided to return to the team this year. Both will give Scott's girls added size inside.

As for next season, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, Jacket Dad. :D

They have a couple of junior post players, one of whom missed all of last season due to an injury and one of whom decided to return to the team this year. Both will give Scott's girls added size inside.

As for next season, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, Jacket Dad. :lol:

GOOD WIN LADYS ENJOYED THE GAME. BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD. :thumb: