CAK 5 Catholic 1

govols14

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what time is the sectional kickoff on saturday? I know some of our girls had mentioned wanting to come watch and throw some support to the Lady Warriors.

On a side note, Congrats to CAK for the region championship. I have honestly not seen a better team on the girls side than the one that beat us on tuesday and I have grown up watching the Oak Ridges, Farraguts, Beardens, etc. Good luck to the young ladies from CAK and Catholic ( who could very well run through state and meet up with CAK in the finals )

Hey G, I saw the closed thread, you sure got that guy fired up!!! ;):ph34r::thumb:

what time is the sectional kickoff on saturday? I know some of our girls had mentioned wanting to come watch and throw some support to the Lady Warriors.

On a side note, Congrats to CAK for the region championship. I have honestly not seen a better team on the girls side than the one that beat us on tuesday and I have grown up watching the Oak Ridges, Farraguts, Beardens, etc. Good luck to the young ladies from CAK and Catholic ( who could very well run through state and meet up with CAK in the finals )

Hey G, I saw the closed thread, you sure got that guy fired up!!! :D:D:P

I'm hoping that they play at night (7 ish) so that I can come. I'll post as soon as I know. I do know that they have to wait until the other region plays (I think tomorrow, but that could be pushed back because of the weather)

Akula... I guess he had a bad experience with CAK. While I didn't care for how he stated his opinions, it does bother me that at least his perception of our team was not too admirable. I strive very hard to treat our opponents, referees and fans with class and respect. While I don't have anything to do with the girl's side, I do apologize to ABSSOCCER if our team or parents left a bad taste in your mouth. We strive for better than that.

When are sectionals to be played?

I don't know the exact time, but it will be on Saturday. The SAT or ACT is being offered on Saturday morning, so it will most likely in the afternoon. Coach Pifer needs to get in contact with Chuckey-Doak first to see what they can do, too. I'll post as soon as I know anything.

Another question... has Catholic really improved, or was the 2-0 regional final loss just a fluke?

Actually, the District final was 2-0. The Regional final was 5-1. Just my opinion, but I think Catholic definitely improved during the year, partly with getting players healthy (midfield from what I was told and what I observed) that were out early and also the experience of a season with good coaching. They had a great attack at times against CAK and even though the number of shots they got off was not that high, each was a real threat. Catholic has two very good offensive players in Anna Hickey and Gretchen Sutch (sorry if I butchered the spelling). They are both fast, they can press a defense and create shots. Catholic played full out for 80 minutes.

Edited by Zeek