Predictions on region 1-A

GotSpeed

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support Cosbybball... You know, the team that Unaka Puts on the floor this year is practicly the same team that give ya'll a run for your money at the end of last year, only they have another year of experiance. :rolleyes:

i know u guys will be stout this year.We have a bunch still playin football.We are missing Rone #6 (qb)

Me and my twin#5 and #25(Lowes)(wr/cb)

valentine #8 (te)

and a bunch more that are inportant to the bball team.It stinks we play u guys the 3rd game.see in a couple weeks

# 1. Unaka- When you look at what Unaka has coming up this year only one word describes it athletes. They are loaded with athletes who will take defense to another level with Ronnie Snavely returning and a starting five lineup thats probably top 5 around upper East Tennessee. If Unaka plays the way most Unaka teams have played in the past with what they got this year they will go undefeated in the conference and host a substate at home But we all know how tough it is to go undefeated in the Wautauga Valley Conference with what everyone brings to the table night in and night out. But until I am proven wrong Unaka is my number one pick.

# 2. Cloudland- Since coming off of a bitter loss in the first round of the state tournament to a very tough Union City team Cloudland has its hopes to show teams around here that last year wasnt a fluke. Ned Smith is a smart coach we all figured that out last year when we saw there slowdown style of offense that got the highlanders to Murfreesburro.Returning half of his team back and star guard Cody Hughes look for the landers to make another run at competing for not only a conference title but for a trip back to the state tournament.

# 3. Hampton- Look for Hampton this year to be a tough physical team to match up with in the paint 6'3 Johnathan Lyons and 6'5 Justin Bentley to be a force to handle on the inside the question is will they get anything out of there guards? Bobby James seems to be a very good guard who has alot of talent. Lunceford could be a good point guard if he could cut down the turnovers. I am still kind of scepticle to see if Mcclain can win with this group because with the talent they had last year there is no reason they shouldnt have went deeper than what they did in the post season.

# 4. University High- Retuning all state guard Aaron Woodacre and a couple of transfers look for University High to pull off a few upsets in the watauga valley conference this year but until they can prove something to me in the post season they will remain at the bottom.

In region two I dont see really any team that can give any teams from region one a run for there money except for Hancock County and maybe Washburn

Predictions for substate matchups this year.

Cloudland vs Cosby @ Cosby with Cloudland winning by 6

Unaka vs Rockwood or Wartburg With Unaka winning by 10

Good luck to all teams this season :thumb:

Edited by JIMA6578

# 1. Unaka- When you look at what Unaka has coming up this year only one word describes it athletes. They are loaded with athletes who will take defense to another level with Ronnie Snavely returning and a starting five lineup thats probably top 5 around upper East Tennessee. If Unaka plays the way most Unaka teams have played in the past with what they got this year they will go undefeated in the conference and host a substate at home But we all know how tough it is to go undefeated in the Wautauga Valley Conference with what everyone brings to the table night in and night out. But until I am proven wrong Unaka is my number one pick.

# 2. Cloudland- Since coming off of a bitter loss in the first round of the state tournament to a very tough Union City team Cloudland has its hopes to show teams around here that last year wasnt a fluke. Ned Smith is a smart coach we all figured that out last year when we saw there slowdown style of offense that got the highlanders to Murfreesburro.Returning half of his team back and star guard Cody Hughes look for the landers to make another run at competing for not only a conference title but for a trip back to the state tournament.

# 3. Hampton- Look for Hampton this year to be a tough physical team to match up with in the paint 6'3 Johnathan Lyons and 6'5 Justin Bentley to be a force to handle on the inside the question is will they get anything out of there guards? Bobby James seems to be a very good guard who has alot of talent. Lunceford could be a good point guard if he could cut down the turnovers. I am still kind of scepticle to see if Mcclain can win with this group because with the talent they had last year there is no reason they shouldnt have went deeper than what they did in the post season.

# 4. University High- Retuning all state guard Aaron Woodacre and a couple of transfers look for University High to pull off a few upsets in the watauga valley conference this year but until they can prove something to me in the post season they will remain at the bottom.

In region two I dont see really any team that can give any teams from region one a run for there money except for Hancock County and maybe Washburn

Predictions for substate matchups this year.

Cloudland vs Cosby @ Cosby with Cloudland winning by 6

Unaka vs Rockwood or Wartburg With Unaka winning by 10

Good luck to all teams this season :thumb:

Well Hancock should be pretty good. But the rest of District 2, well... Well I think Clinch will finish 2nd over there, so you can make what you want out of that... And no offense, but I can't see Cloudland beating Cosby AT the Eagles Nest....

Edited by Rangerbook06

Yeah i dont see Cloudland beating Cosby @ Cosby...In fact i dont see Cloudland even playing in the Sub-State game...I think the top 3 teams in the region are Unaka Hampton and Hancock...With 2 of those teams playin the Sub-State games...Yes the Indians are back and loaded with great talent and with coach Seal back they will make some noise this year...

Clinch is probably my dark horse team for this season. Alot of good talent coming back but I dont think they have the depth or experience in the post season to make any noise so I am going to stay with Washburn and Hancock County.

As for Cloudland going into the eagles nest I think you might get a wake up call when you see how weak Cosby will compare to the many Cosby teams in the past yes home court advantage will play a big factor and with Flattford coming back that will help them out tramendously.

But I look for this to happen. Cosby is more of a run and gun team who relies more on there offense than there defense. And with the slow up game Cloudland plays I dont look for Cosby to get that many shots because Ned Smith is a smart coach and like most teams know except for maybe Hampton last year you do not want to give a team like Cosby a bunch of shots and in order for you to do that you have to slow it down like Cloudland willl do and keep cosby from getting a chance to get the momentum exspecially when you are playing in one of the toughest gyms around Tennessee in a substate game.

Final outcome Cloudland goes into Cosby with a perfect gameplan to slow the ball down and has a good defensive scheme and will slow down Cosby's offense and cut down there outside shots. I am staying with my predictions but hey you never know about games these days take the Unaka vs Cosby matchup in 2003-2004 with Unaka being down 10 with 4 minutes to go and coming back and hitting a game winner with 2 seconds to go. But like I said you never know how the outcome will be.

Good luck to both teams if they end up seeing each other down the road.

Edited by JIMA6578

Clinch is probably my dark horse team for this season. Alot of good talent coming back but I dont think they have the depth or experience in the post season to make any noise so I am going to stay with Washburn and Hancock County.

As for Cloudland going into the eagles nest I think you might get a wake up call when you see how weak Cosby will compare to the many Cosby teams in the past yes home court advantage will play a big factor and with Flattford coming back that will help them out tramendously.

But I look for this to happen. Cosby is more of a run and gun team who relies more on there offense than there defense. And with the slow up game Cloudland plays I dont look for Cosby to get that many shots because Ned Smith is a smart coach and like most teams know except for maybe Hampton last year you do not want to give a team like Cosby a bunch of shots and in order for you to do that you have to slow it down like Cloudland willl do and keep cosby from getting a chance to get the momentum exspecially when you are playing in one of the toughest gyms around Tennessee in a substate game.

Final outcome Cloudland goes into Cosby with a perfect gameplan to slow the ball down and has a good defensive scheme and will slow down Cosby's offense and cut down there outside shots. I am staying with my predictions but hey you never know about games these days take the Unaka vs Cosby matchup in 2003-2004 with Unaka being down 10 with 4 minutes to go and coming back and hitting a game winner with 2 seconds to go. But like I said you never know how the outcome will be.

Good luck to both teams if they end up seeing each other down the road.

aparently you dont know coach flatford that well.he is a DEFENSIVE coach.that is what he preaches every day.Cosby is Cosby and they will always be shootin 25 ft jumpers but with coach flatford back you will see a big suprise on the defensive end.people say cosby will be down just wait and see u will be suprised.

take the Unaka vs Cosby matchup in 2003-2004 with Unaka being down 10 with 4 minutes to go and coming back and hitting a game winner with 2 seconds to go.

Well actualy, Unaka was down 10 at the end of the 3rd quarter, and chiped it down to a tie with like 2 minutes left, then rebounded a missed Cosby shot and held the ball for the last shot...

Well, we all ought to have a pretty good idea of who the best 1A team in the east is before New Years. Unaka plays the alot of the best teams in the eastern 4 regions. From region 1, they have Hampton, Cloudland, and UH in conferance play. From Region 2, they play a home-away series with Cosby, and play in a tourny with Rockwood, Wartburg, and Harriman @ Harriman. From Region 3, they host Temple in the Climate Controlers Classic the weekend before Christmas. And from region 4, the play Clay County and Pickett County Thanksgiving weekend, and Van Buran County also plays in Harriman's tourny.....

The Rangers also play AAA teams Bearden and Greeneville right out of the gates at Johnson County next weekend. In early December, they play Mt. Juliet at Freedom Hall, plays Sullivan Central, and hosts Ooltewah in the Climate Controlers Classic. They also play home-away series with Unicoi County and a pretty good Mitchell County, NC team... The coaching staff at Unaka has always prepared their team for the post season with a grueling scheadule, and this year is no differant.

Well, we all ought to have a pretty good idea of who the best 1A team in the east is before New Years. Unaka plays the alot of the best teams in the eastern 4 regions. From region 1, they have Hampton, Cloudland, and UH in conferance play. From Region 2, they play a home-away series with Cosby, and play in a tourny with Rockwood, Wartburg, and Harriman @ Harriman. From Region 3, they host Temple in the Climate Controlers Classic the weekend before Christmas. And from region 4, the play Clay County and Pickett County Thanksgiving weekend, and Van Buran County also plays in Harriman's tourny.....

The Rangers also play AAA teams Bearden and Greeneville right out of the gates at Johnson County next weekend. In early December, they play Mt. Juliet at Freedom Hall, plays Sullivan Central, and hosts Ooltewah in the Climate Controlers Classic. They also play home-away series with Unicoi County and a pretty good Mitchell County, NC team... The coaching staff at Unaka has always prepared their team for the post season with a grueling scheadule, and this year is no differant.

Glad to see Temples in the climate controlers classic, has the teams and games been set for that tournament?