LaVergne @ Cookeville

HSsportsfootball

we would love to have blackman, siegle, or wc in region 3. would that make region 3 look stronger since you have to win more region games to make the playoffs? :thumb:

How about we just build yet another HS here in Rutherford county and give y'all both WC and Lebanon?

It is possible as Ruth Co IS gonna build another school shortly either near Smyrna or near R'dale.

That would also give Region 4 7 teams and y'all 8. Thing is it will strengthen y'alls overall Region and only slightly weaken Region 4.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you want LHS to win but why do you think they will? have you seen both teams play? how do they compare and what do they need to focuse on? Oh and since when is Smyrna so good?

I've seen lavergne play every game and heard cookevilles game. now LaVergne beat franklin county in pre-season 8-1. now that doesnt mean a whole lot but it does ssome what reflect on this situation. now cookeville has good key players. their fullback is a hoss at (im sorry if i'm wrong) 6-3 245, maybe. they have good players. I dont know all of them but i think LaVergne will take this with a big helping hand of there defense!! I dont believe Cookeville will pass on LaVergne that easily!! im not sure on their running game but I'm pretty sure that LaVergne's defense will be key in this game. Both defenses at that.

now that is funny!!

Hey Cat, I think Region 4 - 5A gets 4 wins on Friday if:

Smyrna, gets off to a good start and has good balance with the run and pass.

LaVergne, controls the clock and limits turnovers, basically run the ball.

Lebanon, keeps playing physical and limit turnovers

Riverdale, Just keep doing what they are doing and don't get the big head.

Round two this region starts to knock each other out, lucky for the rest of the playoff teams.

GOOD LUCK REGION 4 - 5A

Nothing against Cookeville but I think that region is way down this year and I honestly believe smyrna or lavergne could handle cookeville where ever.

cookeville has played 7 playoff teams that will be the difference.And we will be in the boro in 3 weeks.Just like riverdale we take care of business 1 game at a time and beat up on there region in the playoffs.ever year its the same story cavs cant win but when its said and done its us and riverdale left.

Do you really think that you will win.. I mean serioulsy ya'll just lost to maybe the worst team in the state.. better come out playing a little better or your team will be in the stands next week watching the game..

Yes i really think we can win. LaVerrgne is a power. Cookeville is def not the team they were last year but they just know how to win. Some way some how they just win big games. Yes LHS is probably the better team but that really doesn't matter a whole lot when the 2 teams step on the field. I really think that cookeville will pull out an exciting vitory friday. Maybe not but i know the cavs have what it takes. Look for the cavs to pound it out on the ground. If the cavs dont let LHS have any big plays like 40+ gains then i think cookeville is in it to the finish.

Yes i really think we can win. LaVerrgne is a power. Cookeville is def not the team they were last year but they just know how to win. Some way some how they just win big games. Yes LHS is probably the better team but that really doesn't matter a whole lot when the 2 teams step on the field. I really think that cookeville will pull out an exciting vitory friday. Maybe not but i know the cavs have what it takes. Look for the cavs to pound it out on the ground. If the cavs dont let LHS have any big plays like 40+ gains then i think cookeville is in it to the finish.

I meant that LaVergne ISN"T a power.

LaVergne, Cavs will NOT roll over and all the talk in the world will NOT intimidate them.

They have already proved that in the way they played R'dale these last two years.

Coach Joslin will have them ready and they will give you all you want and more.

Y'all take this game for granted and you will be turning in your toys EARLY and NOT get a second chance at Smyrna!

ok...i am ready to make my prediction( i know yall are just so anxious to read it LOL) after talking to a guy at work and thinking about each team i have come up with my prediction....28-14......Cookeville and it really came down to lavergne hasnt beaten anyone with a winning record and with cookeviulle losing friday night REALLY hurt lavergne becasue now more than ever the coaches will have their attention cookeville is not as good as they were last year but neither i s lavergne

LaVergne, Cavs will NOT roll over and all the talk in the world will NOT intimidate them.

They have already proved that in the way they played R'dale these last two years.

Coach Joslin will have them ready and they will give you all you want and more.

Y'all take this game for granted and you will be turning in your toys EARLY and NOT get a second chance at Smyrna!

who says smyrna doesnt get beat