Standings In Greeneville, TN

Grapeape

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, what exactly do you mean the standings for Greeneville? Do you mean how do people think greene county schools are going to do?

Since Greeneville isn't playing their traditional cross county rival South Greene this year, this will just be speculation. South Greene typically has the strongest county team, but West Greene could challenge them this year. Chuckey-Doak has been growing steadily and could put a competitive team on the court. I don't know much about North Greene this year. On paper, Greeneville takes any of them...but unless they meet in the Land-Air, we'll never know.

Greenville High School besides that who cares?

Probably the other 50,000 people who live in Greene County...we city folks aren't the only ones in the 600 square miles of Greene you know. Its attitudes like yours that cause people to label us Greenevillians as snobs. It may very well be for the best that the city/county games are no longer played...creates too much conflict.

There is a lot of conflict and high emotions when the county schools play Greeneville. South Greene had a very very good team last year and gave the Devils all they wanted and then some. Seems to me that most of the pressure in a game of that nature is on Greeneville because they are as some would say supposed to beat a smaller county school. Basketball is very different in the fact that just because a school is smaller than another they may have six or seven kids that can really play the game of basketball. Take Sullivan Central last year not as big as some of the Big 9 schools but they were pretty darn good. I for one hate to see these games end because they brought out a lot of interest and usually packed the house. I don't know if they bring any more emotion than say a South Greene - Unicoi County girls game from a few years back, or say a South Greene - Chuckey Doak boys game from a more recent time would bring but I suppose it is a thing of the past. Good luck to all the Greene County teams as well as Greeneville, it would be nice to see them all have a good season.

Probably the other 50,000 people who live in Greene County...we city folks aren't the only ones in the 600 square miles of Greene you know. Its attitudes like yours that cause people to label us Greenevillians as snobs. It may very well be for the best that the city/county games are no longer played...creates too much conflict.

My attitude? What is the relevance between my attitude and Greene county residents being labeled as snobs? Im all for inter-county games, they make for some of the best rivalries in high school sports. But honestly Greenville High school has the largest student body, more money to put into the program and pay for the best coaches, etc.. Why wouldn't they have an obvious advantage? And how often do you hear of any other of these teams outside of the county papers?

My attitude? What is the relevance between my attitude and Greene county residents being labeled as snobs? Im all for inter-county games, they make for some of the best rivalries in high school sports. But honestly Greenville High school has the largest student body, more money to put into the program and pay for the best coaches, etc.. Why wouldn't they have an obvious advantage? And how often do you hear of any other of these teams outside of the county papers?

[/quot

QUOTE(Snowman16 @ Oct 30 2006 - 01:38 PM) *

Greenville High School besides that who cares?

This is a very arrogant post snowman... maybe you should make an effort to at least

be respectful of the work each of these athletes puts into their game... money isn't everything. It hasn't been so long ago South Greene put a whooping on Greeneville.

Arrogance? NO. Sarcasm barb, obviously is not understood in this forum. South Greene laid it to Greenville? when cuz ya know what? I Never Heard About It!?! My point

Tue,Jan. 25,2005... South Greene at Greeneville... South Greene Won 53-37. Flat laid in on my Devils. Maybe you should be more informed before you attempt to be sarcastic...and for crying out loud if you are going to pretend to be a Devil fan, learn to spell GreenEville.

Tue,Jan. 25,2005... South Greene at Greeneville... South Greene Won 53-37. Flat laid in on my Devils. Maybe you should be more informed before you attempt to be sarcastic...and for crying out loud if you are going to pretend to be a Devil fan, learn to spell GreenEville.

Well hmmm.where should I start with this one? First, my well informed friend, I definately am not a GreenEville fan. I go to Cherokee o'master of the smooth. Second, how can i hear about South Greene basketball games when their scores are only posted in the county papers and i DEFINATELY do not subscribe to any of those newspapers. maybe reading the previous posts would help you out my young friend. Third, i was sarcastic not attempting which is my perogative and not subject to your judgement.