Standings In Greeneville, TN

Grapeape

Well hmmm.where should I start with this one? First, my well informed friend, I definately am not a GreenEville fan. I go to Cherokee o'master of the smooth. Second, how can i hear about South Greene basketball games when their scores are only posted in the county papers and i DEFINATELY do not subscribe to any of those newspapers. maybe reading the previous posts would help you out my young friend. Third, i was sarcastic not attempting which is my perogative and not subject to your judgement.

Scores are available on coacht...did not say you were a Greeneville fan only pretending to be...also, I am probably old enough to be your grandmother, although I appreciate the "young friend" reference. BTW...Since you aren't from Greeneville, perhaps you should not disrespect OUR neighbors in the county. Lastly, maybe you should subscribe to the Greeneville Sun, you would at least get a paper more than twice a week.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scores are available on coacht...did not say you were a Greeneville fan only pretending to be...also, I am probably old enough to be your grandmother, although I appreciate the "young friend" reference. BTW...Since you aren't from Greeneville, perhaps you should not disrespect OUR neighbors in the county. Lastly, maybe you should subscribe to the Greeneville Sun, you would at least get a paper more than twice a week.

Wow barb, that was cold, but it looks like you know your rogersville trivia.

Yeah because my Kingsport Times and USA Today are obviously insufficient

My attitude? What is the relevance between my attitude and Greene county residents being labeled as snobs? Im all for inter-county games, they make for some of the best rivalries in high school sports. But honestly Greenville High school has the largest student body, more money to put into the program and pay for the best coaches, etc.. Why wouldn't they have an obvious advantage? And how often do you hear of any other of these teams outside of the county papers?

More money to put in the program? Is greeneville turning into a college? You dont need money to go out and play. I dont see how that would make them have the obvious advantage. How come if they have so much money they play at an elementary school instead of building one?

More money to put in the program? Is greeneville turning into a college? You dont need money to go out and play. I dont see how that would make them have the obvious advantage. How come if they have so much money they play at an elementary school instead of building one?

Well let's see... Do high school coaches still get paid? how about summer camps that every school goes to? the state must pay for those with the No Child Left Behind Act. Training equipment is free online... etc... of course the student body and gene pool doesn't really matter..... and Hal Henard Gymnasium was erected with the highschool in mind to use it.

Well let's see... Do high school coaches still get paid? how about summer camps that every school goes to? the state must pay for those with the No Child Left Behind Act. Training equipment is free online... etc... of course the student body and gene pool doesn't really matter..... and Hal Henard Gymnasium was erected with the highschool in mind to use it.

you still have to go out and preform during the game. whether you went to a camp during the summer, have the highest paid coach in the state, or have the best weightlifting equiptment, you still have to play the game. and the coach cant play it for you no matter how much he gets paid

Summer Camp is optional and extra-curricular and fortunately does not fall under the umbrella of that under-funded federal mandate...heck the local systems have enough trouble paying for the EDUCATIONAL programs mandated in NCLB.

Point me to the free training equipment web-site, I could use a new elliptical.

Hal Henard was built as a multi-use facility for all of the city schools. Even with the construction of the new Niswonger Performing Arts Center, it still has the largest seating capacity. The gym at the high school was renovated as part of the recent building program, but has nowhere near the seating or parking capabilities.

Greeneville does have more money for teachers salaries....and that does give them more choices when hiring caoches. That has nothing to do with school size. It does however have a larger tax base than the county (more tax dollars).

I am afraid I don't understand the "gene pool" statement...are you implying that Greenevillians are genetically superior to their county cousins? Besides everyone knows Greeneville imports their talent. According to our Big 9 competition, Duncan is the best recruiter since Coach K.

Summer Camp is optional and extra-curricular and fortunately does not fall under the umbrella of that under-funded federal mandate...heck the local systems have enough trouble paying for the EDUCATIONAL programs mandated in NCLB.

Point me to the free training equipment web-site, I could use a new elliptical.

Hal Henard was built as a multi-use facility for all of the city schools. Even with the construction of the new Niswonger Performing Arts Center, it still has the largest seating capacity. The gym at the high school was renovated as part of the recent building program, but has nowhere near the seating or parking capabilities.

Greeneville does have more money for teachers salaries....and that does give them more choices when hiring caoches. That has nothing to do with school size. It does however have a larger tax base than the county (more tax dollars).

I am afraid I don't understand the "gene pool" statement...are you implying that Greenevillians are genetically superior to their county cousins? Besides everyone knows Greeneville imports their talent. According to our Big 9 competition, Duncan is the best recruiter since Coach K.

I dont think they have 5 kids on the team from inside greene county.

I beg to differ with the comment about not having 5 players on their tteam from Greene County. Having looked at their varsity roster, I am pretty sure that 12 out of 14 players are from within Greene County, with most of them being from within the city limits.

As far as Hal Henrad being built primarily for the high school, why is their such a conflict between the elementary principal, p.e. teacher, and the basketball coaches. It takes an act of congeress just to do anything in the gym. Oh, and I cannot forget the Jr. Womens Club, who holds a winter bazar there.