Stewart County

SCFAN2005

OK.. I know that alot of people on here are talking bad about Stewart County.. and yes I do know that alot of people were very surprised that they done as well as they did last year.. but.. What does everyone think will happen this year, especially with Wallace and Wojtal gone this year.. I know that they have picked up a little difficult schedule with teams that they have never played before..Will the seniors there now be able to play up to the expectations of last years team? I personally think that they can.. yes it will be hard for then, but I think that they can do it.. I am just curious to what everyone else thinks..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCHS faces a tough road..being a contender in this district comes with toughness and readiness all the way around. With the loss of Wojtal and Wallace, the one definite missing link will be the speed and agility on the Defensive side of the ball..will the seniors be able to step it up and fill that void in? that's a good question. I believe Bramlett will have another good looking season in the Rebs, they just need to stay focused and finish in their games. The starting lineup, in my eyes, should be West, Lancaster, Hargis, Earhart(Ryan), and probably Wooten. Having the senior leadership and gameplay experience will be better than the younger guys. If Taylor(Jacob) got bigger and more aggressive, then you'd have an extra good-sized inside and post man to deal in the equation.

This is a good squad. They have some range in West and Hargis, but they Need more consistency. Lancaster has gotten alot tougher and more profound around the boards and in the paint, but he needs to be better utilized. With Jake West being another likely candidate for d-MVP and the go-to-guy many times for the Rebels, the opponents will try and shut him down..that's when the other players should step up and be a leader. West isn't the only one who can play on that team, therefore when he gets Down there should be someone else pick it Up.

I look to see another great Coaching season from this school. Become a better 2nd Half (game and season) team. Your true response will come in the clutch.

In my mind i think they could be a dangerous team I'm not saying they are a district winning team at this point but they can make it intresting I can see them ending the season anywhere in the range from third to fifth competing with Cheatham Co. and Creek Wood but i wouldn't be surprised if they gave Sycamore or Harpeth tough games when they play them. I know they don't want to have another repeat of what happened at Harpeth last year. In that game they showed signs of the old Stewart Co. but I think it will be another solid season for the Rebels

well....if rocky is gone....theyr hopes are gone....they will be in the same boat as waverly this year...."rebuilding"...what an awful word, i dont like these seasons but jus wait a cuple years...waverly's freshmen from lakeview went and lost only 1 game the whole season and won the state championship in junior high....so expect big time in a couple years from waverly!!

Edited by rednecktiger

OK.. I know that alot of people on here are talking bad about Stewart County.. and yes I do know that alot of people were very surprised that they done as well as they did last year.. but.. What does everyone think will happen this year, especially with Wallace and Wojtal gone this year.. I know that they have picked up a little difficult schedule with teams that they have never played before..Will the seniors there now be able to play up to the expectations of last years team? I personally think that they can.. yes it will be hard for then, but I think that they can do it.. I am just curious to what everyone else thinks..

Well I dont know what you are talking about because everybody had high hopes for you all last year, saying you all were going to be the underdogs, and going to be the team that upsets some teams last year. Buttttt, I wont get my hopes up for you all this year, I will say you all will be the underdogs this year and stay there, I am mad that Wojtal isnt there anymore me and him were friends, or atleast we talked a few times. HE was just a little guy. :lol:

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

Well HHS#1 I have no clue what you are talkin about. The Rebels were picked dead last behind everyone in the district in preseason last year. They beat Sycamore who was the regular season champ and was 3rd regular season and 4th in district tourny. Personally I think the Rebels may be as good or better and then again they could be worse. You dont know what you ARE TALKIN ABOUT.

Edited by schsrebelman2010

They weren't picked to be last in the 05-06 season.

YEa evidentally this schsrebelman doesnt know what hes talking about, because I am pretty sure Big COuntry, ktownkilla, Me, and a few others said that Jake WEst and company would be the underdogs last year, and would pull out third in district, but good ole Stewart County made us look like idiots. Thanks Stewart County Basketball.

dont let that freshman's talk get to yall..that's just talk

SC did have a good team last year, but their main problem was finishing..after Christmas break they pretty much went downhill. Ya'll were right to say what you did, because the Rebels were a decent, contending ball team. IF they can learn to finish, then they'll pose more as a threat. I mean they already are with some of their players, but knowing that they get shut down in the 2nd half is a problem for them. So, sry bout that dumb post earlier by tha freshy..