clinton basketball

doubledeuce22

I am so glad that I did not see this before today. It is obvious littlerock that you don't know much about Clinton Athletics. Most of the players that have come through the basketball program at Clinton will all tell you that they grew not only as a player but as young men. The lack of proffesionalism that you may be referring to may be when a coach or player takes up for his team or player. Let's see you go out on the floor and have oreos thrown at you, or how about an intentional T called on you when seconds earlier on the other end of the floor the same thing happens and it is not called. What about going to Knox. county and the officials having a different set of rules for the coaches outside of their organization (even UT coaches) ASK BRUCE PEARL!!! then they do for the opposing team. Standing up for your players rights or your team members when wrong is being done is part of being a player as well as a coach.

I think John Wooden says it best!!!

“To thine own self be true,” Polonius advised his son, Laertes, in Hamlet. I cannot improve on Shakespeare, but I will expand just slightly: “First, do not betray yourself. Second, do not betray those you lead.” This is Loyalty.

A leader who has Loyalty is the leader whose team I wish to be a part of. And so do others. Most people, the overwhelming majority of us, wish to be in an organization whose leadership cares about them, provides fairness and respect, dignity and consideration.

Team Spirit means you are willing to sacrifice personal considerations for the welfare of all. That defines a team player.

Littlerock it sounds like you have a lot of learning to do. I'll pray for you.

I think this post says all that needs to be said.....Great Job, Dragons12!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic