Best From Region V

The One And Only

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do yall think of the proctors not wrestling this year?

I heard that the oldest Proctor chose to go to an adult school to get his diploma early. Is this true? I'm even more surprised about the younger one, any reason why? It will be a small but substantial blow for that up and coming Blaze team this year is this is true. They are both really talented wrestlers and under Hamm would have been state contenders this year.

I think Tullahoma will be very tough for any region 5 team to beat and will contend with some of the best in the state.

Possible Line-up:

103- Wesley Fouch, Soph.

112- Will Norris, Soph. (2006 State Qualifier)

119- Ziad Aboulmouna, Jr. (2005 & 2006 State Qualifier)

125- Rene' Karteron, Sr. (2006 State Qualifier)

130- Sunny Knight, Jr.

135- Trevor Schmidt, Soph. or Terrance Hanley, Sr.

140- Andy Heath, Jr.

145- Morgan Abrigo, Sr. (2006 State Runner-Up)

152- Josh Davis, Jr.

160- Aaron Bennett, Sr.

171- Jack Thoma, Sr.

189- Cody Quick, Jr. (2nd Place at Soph. Nationals in the HWT. division 2006)

215- Cory Smith, Sr. (2006 State Qualifier)

275- Taylor Roper, Jr.

KUDO'S To Wesley Fouch (103) who went to the NHSCA Preseason tourny this past weekend taking 8th. He will be a solid 103 this year probably winning region 5. He's a small kid so if he stays 103 next year as a junior I really don't see any reason why he shouldn't win state. Lookin at all the summer and preseason tournys he's been to I can see that he's working hard toward that goal, so great job!!!!! :thumb:

at this point...looks as if both ARE wrestling...

and...we are excited to have them both...obviously

Well, I did hear the same rumor about the older P. but good to know they are still with the burnt orange and black. Watch out for the Proctor :thumb::ph34r: brothers !!!!!!!!! Hey ''pbd", how much muscle is your boy gonna have to lose to get to 171?

KUDO'S To Wesley Fouch (103) who went to the NHSCA Preseason tourny this past weekend taking 8th. He will be a solid 103 this year probably winning region 5. He's a small kid so if he stays 103 next year as a junior I really don't see any reason why he shouldn't win state. Lookin at all the summer and preseason tournys he's been to I can see that he's working hard toward that goal, so great job!!!!! :thumb:

Cody Quick was Champion of the tournament at 215 although he is dropping to 189, and Rene' Karteron placed 5th at 130.

Well, I did hear the same rumor about the older P. but good to know they are still with the burnt orange and black. Watch out for the Proctor :(<_< brothers !!!!!!!!! Hey ''pbd", how much muscle is your boy gonna have to lose to get to 171?

i hope not much...yikes!

he has started but has a ways to go...

and...thanks for the book

Please tell me why someone who could win the state at 215 would drop to 189? THis is absurd!! He might be trying to get away from someone in215 but with him wrestling at the preseason so well I dont see any reason to drop.

Probably for a couple of reasons, maybe to get in better shape, maybe to get ''cut up''(you know how boys are these days), or MAYBE....... for BETTER competition. I believe that the boys at 189 are more athletic and much faster than 215. I think you need more take downs in your agenda to win at 189. It may be harder to not only get down but to win state at the new weight. If he's trying to get in better shape, thats great. :thumb:

Well the absurd reason is that we weighs 194 pounds the day he won the NHSCA Tournament at 215, so before making an attack at the kid for avoiding someone at 215 please wait until you get the real reason he is dropping to 189. You being a coach you should know better than to jump to any conclusions.