Jackson County excited about 2007

jacksoncounty

Jackson County is not going to the playoffs or a bowl game and finished only 4-6 in 2006. However, the record is the best since 1996 at the school that went 1-9, 0-10, and 1-9 in the previos 3 years and has very little football tradition. The team had a home winning record (3-2) escaped last place in the region, and all six losses were to teams in the playoffs. All skill players return in 2007 with the exception of fullback Devin Wright.

Keith Meisenberg, sophomore tailback, set a school record with 1,243 yards and did not carry the ball until the fourth game of the season. Meisenberg had 267 yards on 37 carries in the season finale vs. Region champion Westmoreland. That coming on the heels of a week #9 performance when he gained 291 yards vs, Taft Youth Center. He also had 211 yards vs. Cannon County and in all finished with 6 games over 100, 3 games over 200, with only York holding him below 100 yards (96).

Also returning next season is QB- Safety Derek Loftis who as a safety picked off 7 passes during the 2006 season.

Here's wishing all the playoff teams from Region 4-2A good luck in the playoffs.

Jackson County is not going to the playoffs or a bowl game and finished only 4-6 in 2006. However, the record is the best since 1996 at the school that went 1-9, 0-10, and 1-9 in the previos 3 years and has very little football tradition. The team had a home winning record (3-2) escaped last place in the region, and all six losses were to teams in the playoffs. All skill players return in 2007 with the exception of fullback Devin Wright.

Keith Meisenberg, sophomore tailback, set a school record with 1,243 yards and did not carry the ball until the fourth game of the season. Meisenberg had 267 yards on 37 carries in the season finale vs. Region champion Westmoreland. That coming on the heels of a week #9 performance when he gained 291 yards vs, Taft Youth Center. He also had 211 yards vs. Cannon County and in all finished with 6 games over 100, 3 games over 200, with only York holding him below 100 yards (96).

Also returning next season is QB- Safety Derek Loftis who as a safety picked off 7 passes during the 2006 season.

Here's wishing all the playoff teams from Region 4-2A good luck in the playoffs.

Did he play against Bledsoe?

I'll try to answer the two previous posts. Yes, he played against Bledsoe County and had 103 yards on 28 carries.

To Tn Freebird: once you learn to master enough of the english language to make a legible statement I will try to answer you also. I don't really understand what you are saying, but if you are saying Westmoreland did not play their starters the entire game, yes that is correct. They played a lot of people and they are a great football team. Matt Madison, in my opinion is the Region MVP, and they are well coached.

The post here is not to discredit Westmoreland but to just state the fact that Jackson County came along way in 2006.

Why the negativity?

Jackson County supports all Region 4-2A teams in the playoffs.

I'll Translate what I just said. JacksonCo. played most of our JV and our Freshman from the 1st quater on. And even in the 1st quater, they played half our starters due to injuries and coaches didnt want to risk them getting hurt anymore. Now for JacksonCo. gettin better Yes they have and will continue to get better. (#8) is one heck of a running back over 1,000 yards on the season is great especially if he only played 6 games, being out first 4(Correct?) and also his line which isnt very good? I think JacksonCo needs to focus on their Line alot more next year. If they are returning all those backs they should be well off if they get some lineman! But congrats to the new coach over there hes really turning it around! and I hope to see some more competition from JacksonCo in the near future!

Edited by TN_FreeBird

How well will Meisenberg run without Wright and bean to block for him? A back is only as good as his blocking.

Not having Wright next year might affect Meisenberg, but not so much from Bean. Most of the line really seemed to just get in one hit and let go. The best blocking came from the receivers on the outside, or coming in motion.

sounds like those lineman need to hit the sled and drive drive drive some.....