Region 8

ut18vols

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 8 lets hear what you got to say. It is gonna be a good season, teams that were good last year, might not be this year and vice versa, lets here what everyone got to say.

Watch out for Smyrna this year. They have some really good talent coming back.

112- Jordan Selph. Had he not broke his arm late in the season he would have qualified for state.

140 - Matt Martin - A junior who had a neck injury last year and is as strong as an ox and will be hard to beat.

152 - Jared Cashion - A Junior who will finally make his mark. He has spent this whole summer perfecting his technique. Very good wrestler who doesn't quit.

145 - Uranus Savatvong - Sophomore who is a natural athlete who will turn a lot of heads this year.

171 - Kyle Frazier - Wouldn't be surprised to see him win the region this year and also medal at State.

Also watch out for super stud Kyle Saunders, not too sure what weight class he will wrestle this year, but will definately win a bunch for Smyrna.

All these guys will be in the very capable hands of Coach Chris Garner who will push them to their limit. Smyrna should be solid for such a young team.

I will definately miss all of the excitement. But I'll be around to support my BULLDOGS.....GO DAWGS....

112- Jordan Selph. Had he not broke his arm late in the season he would have qualified for state.

140 - Matt Martin - A junior who had a neck injury last year and is as strong as an ox and will be hard to beat.

152 - Jared Cashion - A Junior who will finally make his mark. He has spent this whole summer perfecting his technique. Very good wrestler who doesn't quit.

145 - Uranus Savatvong - Sophomore who is a natural athlete who will turn a lot of heads this year.

171 - Kyle Frazier - Wouldn't be surprised to see him win the region this year and also medal at State.

Also watch out for super stud Kyle Saunders, not too sure what weight class he will wrestle this year, but will definately win a bunch for Smyrna.

All these guys will be in the very capable hands of Coach Chris Garner who will push them to their limit. Smyrna should be solid for such a young team.

I will definately miss all of the excitement. But I'll be around to support my BULLDOGS.....GO DAWGS....

SOunds like smyrna will be tough in region 8 just like last year. Hey coach Gonyea gonna help out some this year? Wrestling is a sport that does not leave a person that easy.

Coach Gonyea is forgetting about one guy.. and its Smyrnas only senior. Josh Taylor 135-140 - out all last year for a torn achillies. A complete athlete with a bad disposition. If hes in shape and he is (Marines signee), theres no one stronger, faster, or meaner. :lol:

Coach Gonyea is forgetting about one guy.. and its Smyrnas only senior. Josh Taylor 135-140 - out all last year for a torn achillies. A complete athlete with a bad disposition. If hes in shape and he is (Marines signee), theres no one stronger, faster, or meaner. :angry:

no one stronger, faster or meaner...EXCEPT YOU TNKO! :D

looking forward to catching up with you

Beech has some good wrestlers also this season. I think they are gonna make some noise this season.

Coach Gonyea is forgetting about one guy.. and its Smyrnas only senior. Josh Taylor 135-140 - out all last year for a torn achillies. A complete athlete with a bad disposition. If hes in shape and he is (Marines signee), theres no one stronger, faster, or meaner. :lol:

Sorry about that. Didn't realize that Josh was going to wrestle. He has the ability to upset the state. Awesome young wrestler who could make some major noise if he reaches his potential.

Come on WERAZZLIN, give us some info on your returning wrasslers. And the rest of region 8 needs to bring it too!!!!!

Beech will bring a young team to the mat this season. Only 4 seniors. Woods, Bader, Shanes, Acfella. These are the older guys in this group. The juniors all have a little bit of experience. Hord should have medalled at the state last year as a sophmore. He should be one of the top returning guys. The other Juniors are pretty good also. Priddy, Amons, Keenan, Gibson, Maggart, along with Hord this is a pretty good Junior class. Sophmore J. Kleinert is a returning region champ(won the region as a freshman 112). Have a couple of good freshmen also that went through the middle school team here at Beech. We might be ok this season. However you gotta be patient as I will know more after we do a little bit of work and see what and where everyone will be.

Beech will bring a young team to the mat this season. Only 4 seniors. Woods, Bader, Shanes, Acfella. These are the older guys in this group. The juniors all have a little bit of experience. Hord should have medalled at the state last year as a sophmore. He should be one of the top returning guys. The other Juniors are pretty good also. Priddy, Amons, Keenan, Gibson, Maggart, along with Hord this is a pretty good Junior class. Sophmore J. Kleinert is a returning region champ(won the region as a freshman 112). Have a couple of good freshmen also that went through the middle school team here at Beech. We might be ok this season. However you gotta be patient as I will know more after we do a little bit of work and see what and where everyone will be.

Looks like a sound group Coach. Glad to see Hords coming back.. knew he would. Puberty and growing pains play with these kids emotions but they always come back to what they know in the end. ;) More important than wrestling is the friendships and memories they make. Wrestling is just the outlet, just a sport. ;)

Looks like a sound group Coach. Glad to see Hords coming back.. knew he would. Puberty and growing pains play with these kids emotions but they always come back to what they know in the end. :thumb: More important than wrestling is the friendships and memories they make. Wrestling is just the outlet, just a sport. :thumb:

I am glad he decided to come back he has a lot to offer the team and the wrestling community.