Columbia Daily "Disappointment" sports reporting

whodathoughtit

Vern, my comments were in know way directed at you, I am sorry that you took it personally. My comments were directed at The Daily Herald and their biased reporting concerning mTp. I do appreciate your photography, I also think it is said that the pay they offer is so slim, (I have a friend that worked freelance for them for several years, and finally got a position with them) Never the less, if my comments hurt you, I am sorry, they were not directed at you, go back and re-read my post please. If you will take note, Justin Lamb's comments were in quotation, and yes I think he was simply making excuses for The Herald's biased reporting concerning the Tigers, but this was simply my impression and opinion, of which I am entitled to, but they were in know way directed at you or your photography, as a matter of fact, I think you are an excellent photographer, once again I am sorry if you took my comments personally, they were not directed at you.

Edited by whodathoughtit

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture not being in the paper was my fault...not Justin lambs. Bias reporting I don't understand where that comes from, but they can fight their own battles..Mrs McKennon...you have a nice young man, I consider him a friend too...Was being dramatic about quiting...Ya couldn't drag me away until football is over..Gave up on pleasing everyone in town long ago..See you all friday night..please refrain from throwing large objects at the Herald staff..might miss us and hit one of the players...HaHa ( If I did quit it would be to join the WPT ) :lol:

Whodathoughtit..I don't know who you are, but come down and say hello !!

The picture not being in the paper was my fault...not Justin lambs. Bias reporting I don't understand where that comes from, but they can fight their own battles..Mrs McKennon...you have a nice young man, I consider him a friend too...Was being dramatic about quiting...Ya couldn't drag me away until football is over..Gave up on pleasing everyone in town long ago..See you all friday night..please refrain from throwing large objects at the Herald staff..might miss us and hit one of the players...HaHa ( If I did quit it would be to join the WPT ) :lol:

Whodathoughtit..I don't know who you are, but come down and say hello !!

Your the person who I need to talk to. I want to take pictures of our team also. I need some advice on what merchandise to start with. I have between $300 to $500 to spend on a digital camera (the prices are starting to come down). I am using one now but it blurs on action. I cannot very well yell out on the field "HOLD THAT SPOT!" CLICK! LOL Can you recommend a good starter camera that won't blur out so easy on actions and good to use at night games in my price range? I appreciate the help. ;) Thanks!

crop.jpg

Edited by Msquacks

Bias reporting I don't understand where that comes from, but they can fight their own battles

Ask some of the Herald staff why there was no staff member who reported the Collinwood/CA game this year. The only thing they did was give a link to the Florence Times Dailey, who covers Collinwood, WC, Loretto and Lawrence Co along with thier 40 plus other north Alabama teams. They have done this for along time. Look at last years CW/CA article when CA won. You would have thought they won the superbowl.

In defense of the Daily Herald, when MP made their rise from the ashes in 03 and 04, the Herald's coverage was awesome and I personally havent for got it. However winning has become the norm in MP, and the coverage has lacked because its just another victory. MP should be upset with the lack of coverage and something should be done. Calling them and cursing them is not the answer. Daily Herald if you read coacht could you please give a little more coverage to MP since they do have a Mr. Football canidate? I know Centrals and CA's families buy more papers but we do still have a fan base down here who reads your paper.

To everybody who is concerned with the Herald's Cup. It is a joke. It was made by Jones and Lang. They thought with Zion coming in and MP struggling, that CA (J & L) would win every year. It has backfired so thats why it isnt a big deal to them anymore. If CA ever wins it will be in the New York Times.

In defense of the Daily Herald, when MP made their rise from the ashes in 03 and 04, the Herald's coverage was awesome and I personally havent for got it. However winning has become the norm in MP, and the coverage has lacked because its just another victory. MP should be upset with the lack of coverage and something should be done. Calling them and cursing them is not the answer. Daily Herald if you read coacht could you please give a little more coverage to MP since they do have a Mr. Football canidate? I know Centrals and CA's families buy more papers but we do still have a fan base down here who reads your paper.

I would have thought you would have been balistic, as torn up as you were with the Tiger getting snubbed on the AP pole. :thumb:

Sorry to bend your beak MsQuack...you gotta spend more to do football..it ain't easy...poor light..stopping action...Have much more invested in my camera and lens I use for football, and have a hard time...Canon Rebel is cheapest I know of...$600-$800 and that's no pro camera...lens is extra.....cost more than the camera..