CPA@Camden

rcombs

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden will be the 3rd best team CPA has played this year, other than MBA and Goodpasture. I believe it will be a close game.

My concern is the officiating in a close game. Unfortunately, when privates play publics in the playoffs, weird things happen.

Tonight against Waverly, Waverly had no penalties assessed except an obvious illegal motion and 2 out of bounds kickoffs. They completed their longest pass of the game on a play that was obvious illegal motion not called.

CPA was called for 3 holding penalties - all after big gains- and 2 phantom pass inteference calls on poorly thrown passes. These penalties cost CPA probably a total of 150 yards.

Oh well, you can't control that, so the Lions will just have to play very well. If they do, they will overcome any adversity.

I still say CPA wins because defense wins games. CPA 24-14.

Camden will be the 3rd best team CPA has played this year, other than MBA and Goodpasture. I believe it will be a close game.

My concern is the officiating in a close game. Unfortunately, when privates play publics in the playoffs, weird things happen.

Tonight against Waverly, Waverly had no penalties assessed except an obvious illegal motion and 2 out of bounds kickoffs. They completed their longest pass of the game on a play that was obvious illegal motion not called.

CPA was called for 3 holding penalties - all after big gains- and 2 phantom pass inteference calls on poorly thrown passes. These penalties cost CPA probably a total of 150 yards.

Oh well, you can't control that, so the Lions will just have to play very well. If they do, they will overcome any adversity.

I still say CPA wins because defense wins games. CPA 24-14.

Those camden boys will surprise you! Tough determined and country!

FIRST OF ALL, I WILL TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM CPA THEY HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM. SECONDLY, WAVERLY MADE SOME BAD MISTAKES IN COVERAGE AND ON SPECIAL TEAMS THAT TURNED THE GAME. CAMDEN WILL NOT MAKE THOSE MISTAKES. THIS GAME WAS CLOSE AT HALF AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN EVEN CLOSER. YOU TAKE AWAY THE TWO DEEP TDS THAT WAVERLY GAVE UP BECAUSE THE DB QUIT MOVING HIS FEET WHEN HE WAS IN POSTION TO MAKE THE PLAY AND THE MISSED FIELD GOAL AND WAVERLY COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN LEADING. SECOND HALF, WAVERLY PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND WAY TO MUCH. ONE TIME THE REFS NEVER THREW A BEANBAG INDICATING A FUMBLE BUT LET THE PLAY CONTINUE WITH CPA GOING THE OTHER WAY. CAMDEN WILL NOT MAKE THESE MISTAKES. CAMDEN GOVE THEM NOTHING DEEP AND MAKE THEM THROW UNDER AND THEY ARE EASILY BEATABLE. GOOD LUCK LIONS.

CAMDEN-35

DCA-24

P.S.- WAVERLY WILL BE BACK AND THEY WANT YOU CPA.

Having played both teams, I think Camden wins this one by 14. We were able to do a lot more against CPA than Camden. The game tonight should have been a 25-10 game. 6 turnovers for Waverly gave CPA a short field with one being a picked up fumble return for TD. I know turnovers are part of the game but 4 of the 6 were unforced turnovers where we just dropped it. I was proud of Waverly for hanging with them. CPA people are classy folks. Thanks for being gracious hosts.

Edited by papatiger

I don't deny it. They have had a good season, but CPA defense is very hard to score on. Better hold CPA below 20 or CPA wins, IMO.

I really wasn't impressed with their defense. They blitz a lot and our young line didn't pick it up enough, but we shot ourselves in the foot a lot. CPA is good, and are a better team than Waverly, but it was MUCH closer than the score indicates. It shows our region isn't so weak after all. Don't say it is just coming from Waverly people either, the guys from CPA in the box were saying that they were lucky to be ahead at the half and that the turnovers were the difference.

FIRST OF ALL, I WILL TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM CPA THEY HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM. SECONDLY, WAVERLY MADE SOME BAD MISTAKES IN COVERAGE AND ON SPECIAL TEAMS THAT TURNED THE GAME. CAMDEN WILL NOT MAKE THOSE MISTAKES. THIS GAME WAS CLOSE AT HALF AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN EVEN CLOSER. YOU TAKE AWAY THE TWO DEEP TDS THAT WAVERLY GAVE UP BECAUSE THE DB QUIT MOVING HIS FEET WHEN HE WAS IN POSTION TO MAKE THE PLAY AND THE MISSED FIELD GOAL AND WAVERLY COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN LEADING. SECOND HALF, WAVERLY PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND WAY TO MUCH. ONE TIME THE REFS NEVER THREW A BEANBAG INDICATING A FUMBLE BUT LET THE PLAY CONTINUE WITH CPA GOING THE OTHER WAY. CAMDEN WILL NOT MAKE THESE MISTAKES. CAMDEN GOVE THEM NOTHING DEEP AND MAKE THEM THROW UNDER AND THEY ARE EASILY BEATABLE. GOOD LUCK LIONS.

CAMDEN-35

DCA-24

P.S.- WAVERLY WILL BE BACK AND THEY WANT YOU CPA.

I was waiting for the predictable post saying the game would have been close if it hadn't been for Waverly's mistakes. If you were there, you saw that those mistakes, especially on offense and special teams, were caused by a dominating CPA defense that disrupted anything Waverly tried to do.

The fumbles, interceptions, missed FG, botched punts were all caused by CPA pressure, penetration into Waverly's backfield, and hard hits.

Waverly did make a lot of mistakes but they were caused by CPA. That's what makes CPA good.

And by the way, ask the Waverly players if they really want CPA again. They seemed pretty beat up by the end of the game.

One more thing, don't post in all caps. That is bad CoachT protocol.