Henry County vs Melrose

The YANKER is amazed at how this thread has taken off after a nudge yesterday from the YANKER. In fact, it has taken on a life of its own! My "cougarring Swaplessly mike" is spending more time on here than the YANKER can understand. They must not be too concerned about Fairley. The YANKER has found the reading interesting about "Swaplessgate". I, for one, hope to see a rematch with HC and Munford...the blood seems to be bad!!! Good luck to HC against Melrose...win this one and the YANKER will attend the next one. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

Edited by Yanker

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

77 Mom What are you doing?

The Pats are playing for their team, school and community. IMO as fans/parents what we say/do in relation to games should be in support of our team, school and community. I enjoy good sarcasm, but I can't go where you seem to be going.

My take on whether the better team won last week may be a little different than some. HC won and a win is a win to begin tourney time. How did they win? Better adjustments at halftime, better execution after half, taking better advantage of other teams mistakes. All part of a game. It was UGLY from both sides. The Coaching Staff and fans will take it in game 1, but the ugly duckling needs to start changing to a swan pretty soon because ugly don't get you too far in the playoffs.

Last nights practice in the cold rain was intense for players and coaches. Plans are to take that ugly duck out and SHOOT IT! It will not be flying South, Friday!

Good Morning Big Red Country! Practice was intense last night, and I think you are correct wingman, the ugly duckling has to be shot and hung on the wall in the weightroom! Its going to be a great night Friday. Chance of rain has increased though, not sure if that is good or bad. Everybody seems to be excited for sure!

I think 77mom was just tired and up late last night and I am sure no harm was meant, especially nothing racist. But I too was tired of hearing folks say that we are "extra slow" which of course is a farce! :D

I wonder why the melrose faithful have been less active on this board this year. kwc, OMW, OMN, and some others that I can't seem to remember from last year: let your voices be heard!

77 Mom What are you doing?

The Pats are playing for their team, school and community. IMO as fans/parents what we say/do in relation to games should be in support of our team, school and community. I enjoy good sarcasm, but I can't go where you seem to be going.

My take on whether the better team won last week may be a little different than some. HC won and a win is a win to begin tourney time. How did they win? Better adjustments at halftime, better execution after half, taking better advantage of other teams mistakes. All part of a game. It was UGLY from both sides. The Coaching Staff and fans will take it in game 1, but the ugly duckling needs to start changing to a swan pretty soon because ugly don't get you too far in the playoffs.

Last nights practice in the cold rain was intense for players and coaches. Plans are to take that ugly duck out and SHOOT IT! It will not be flying South, Friday!

Just curious, do you not think the better team won? I am interested in your honest response.

Please don't think all of us feel like Melrose players are gang members,etc. I, for one, was treated very nicely at the game last year. We did have the incident on the sidelines (actually it wasn't even on the sidelines, but some little kid behind the visitors' bleachers). As I said earlier, the Melrose coach is a class act. I am sure his players will act appropriately, as most teams take on the mannerisms of their leadership. What is threatening about shaking keys in someone's face? I think it is clever and wish we had thought of it first.

I am not doing a lot of spouting off about blowing Melrose away because I know their history and have a lot of respect for their talent. Yet I do hope everyone keeps overlooking us (95% pick Melrose) because I do believe we have a good chance to pull the upset. I am nervous about this game as I am all games, especially during play-offs. Loser goes home, and I want to keep watching HC play.

Good post RedPride. I am in complete agreement with you. I too was treated very well last year at the Mound. Of course like at any stadium in the state, there are a few bad apples, but at Melrose the fanbase was very supportive and very gracious hosts! I am looking forward to coming down soaking up the atmosphere (not the smoke :D ) of awesome high school football and eating well!!!

Grow Up. Just to let you know, you sound like a racist, making those kind of remarks. Hope thats not the case. You are probably just a proud Mom, out of her elememnt with nothing else to do.

P.S. All Black Memphis Teams aren't in Gangs

Gang Member's dont have time to do anything constructive like playing high school football.

Again Grow Up & Let your Husband (IF you have one) Talk noise for you Boy #77

because you sound right ignorant & racist.

T.C.

I am not from HC, but as I read the previous posts, I have read nothing that sounds racist to me, are there not whites, blacks, hispanics, and asians in gangs.

Not a racial statement made, coach crawford, you were the first to mention a race. The community of Paris is a community of whites and blacks a like. I believe it to be you trying to make this a race issue.

Good Morning Big Red Country! Practice was intense last night, and I think you are correct wingman, the ugly duckling has to be shot and hung on the wall in the weightroom! Its going to be a great night Friday. Chance of rain has increased though, not sure if that is good or bad. Everybody seems to be excited for sure!

I think 77mom was just tired and up late last night and I am sure no harm was meant, especially nothing racist. But I too was tired of hearing folks say that we are "extra slow" which of course is a farce! :D

I wonder why the melrose faithful have been less active on this board this year. kwc, OMW, OMN, and some others that I can't seem to remember from last year: let your voices be heard!

Drew, do you mean Pats have some speed? I thought we were as slow as Christmas! I have an annoucement! Christmas is almost here!!!!!!!!

Drew, do you mean Pats have some speed? I thought we were as slow as Christmas! I have an annoucement! Christmas is almost here!!!!!!!!

Good one wingman! 47 days away to be exact - ugh! That reminds me of Christmas shopping!!! :D

But when it refers to speed, it will be here VERY QUICKLY!!! I think we ran all of the molasses out of our shoes last week!!!

Edited by Drewcephus

Well good to see all of the excitement for the Big Game. :D

I must say that I was at the game last year and if this Melrose team is not as good as last years team then the Big Red should roll!! I have been saying from the start that we would be the team from the west that is in Murfreesboro. There is no reason that this should not happen. I understand bad breaks and the way a game may go, but we are much better than our record shows.

I'm sticking with my prediction HC 28 Melrose 13

The roll starts here and I'm ready to find a place to eat in Murfreesboro.

Not true. My memory serves me well. Go back and check the film if you have access to one. We had two picks for over 150 yards in returns. Are you telling me that only linemen were in front? If so, then your backs and receivers and QB all ran to your sideline as soon as the INT took place! Your statement is ridiculous! If what you say is right, then teach them how to tackle. The truth is that our DB in both cases ran by and around no fewer than 9 East players each time and since we are so slow your guys must have been walking.

If my memory serves me correct East was running 4 Wide & 5 Wide formation most of the night. So the linemen were the main guys trying to make the tackle. Still that is no excuse. The recievers & qb should have caught the guy. Our 'D' & tackling has been a weakness for us all year. The team, however, was improving each week, so thats all we could ask. I am very Proud of East Mustangs from week one to week eleven the players made tremendous strides. From the earlier post people were saying that we may not even make the playoffs or would possibly be beat by Raleigh Egypt. I believe we got our respect from H.C.

H.C. congrats on the victory & Good Luck Friday.

Next Year it will be a different story. We will be #1 in our Region. We learned a lot this year & adjustments will be made.

T.C.

Good one wingman! 47 days away to be exact - ugh! That reminds me of Christmas shopping!!! :D

But when it refers to speed, it will be here VERY QUICKLY!!! I think we ran all of the molasses out of our shoes last week!!!

We love Xmas here in Henryland. We wear the Xmas colors, red and white. Some of us like spreading cheer by clinking our bells and some make use of horns and whistles so Santa can find his way. Although one thing Santa has learned is too stay clear of the woods with the reindeer. :D

Well good to see all of the excitement for the Big Game. :o

I must say that I was at the game last year and if this Melrose team is not as good as last years team then the Big Red should roll!! I have been saying from the start that we would be the team from the west that is in Murfreesboro. There is no reason that this should not happen. I understand bad breaks and the way a game may go, but we are much better than our record shows.

I'm sticking with my prediction HC 28 Melrose 13

The roll starts here and I'm ready to find a place to eat in Murfreesboro.

Don't look any further. Demo's Steak House.

I am not from HC, but as I read the previous posts, I have read nothing that sounds racist to me, are there not whites, blacks, hispanics, and asians in gangs.

Not a racial statement made, coach crawford, you were the first to mention a race. The community of Paris is a community of whites and blacks a like. I believe it to be you trying to make this a race issue.

I could care less what you think. I wasn't talking to you. Melrose & Orange Mound doesn't have whites, hispanics & asians on there team or in the stands at the game. I know that Paris Tn is whites & blacks. I wasn't making that comment to Paris Tn. I was making it to the person that insinuated that coming to the Mound that she would have to deal with gangs & gang members throwing beer bottles at her during the game.

Thank You for trying to be her interpetor or lawyer or whatever.

In other words I wasn't talking to you or no one else in Paris.

I was talking to her

T.C.