Henry County vs Melrose

It will be a mudhole...a lot of teams in Memphis have to shae their fields, so often times there are at least4 games a week (counting a freshman, jv, and 2 varsity games) on most fields...prepare to grind it out on the groung big time if it pours.

How well can Melrose run the ball? If the forecast holds true will it affect Melrose's game? Pats have proved they can play in the rain!!!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe you said "we all know how dirty melrose plays" in an earlier post.

not sure where your information came from but I have heard only good things about the Melrose players.

also, JCM played 2 games after the Henry County game so unless you were at the JCM vs Hardin County game shaking hands, you didn't see their last game.

the more you post, the more you show - you don't have a clue!

i want others to know the attitude of mom77 is her's - not that of Big Red!

Go Big Red.

My Dear Butter Ball, you are correct on all of your points in your post. I am clueless & my attitude is representative of NO ONE in HenryLand. I'll show no more ignorance on here & you'll never even know I'm at the game, if you go.

My Sincere Appologies to one & all for my clueless out burst of emotions.

"I stay in a Ball of Confusion! Unconfuse me please."

"Did you say you go onto field after game to shake opposing players hands?"

No Sir, I do not. I'm always there after the game taking signs down & etc., there for I'm there late & the other teams haven't left yet due to changing & eating before their ride home. It is during this time that I speak to players & parents & wish them say safe ride home. And always tell them that they played a good game.

I know this is just more proof of my ignorance to others, but I can't help thinking it's a nice jesture to be kind to the other team, no matter who the winner is.

I would like to say I Appologize To Any One if I Offended You on here. I will go back to just reading post & will keep my comments to myself.

I hope everyone going to the game has a safe trip. You won't know I'm at the mound unless you look for me. I want to cause no more trouble & should have just kept my fingers off the keyboard.

Good Luck Friday Night Patriots & My Prayers Are With You!

Edited by The Real Mom of #77

It will be a mudhole...a lot of teams in Memphis have to shae their fields, so often times there are at least4 games a week (counting a freshman, jv, and 2 varsity games) on most fields...prepare to grind it out on the groung big time if it pours.

The Weather Channel shows a chance of thunderstorms late Friday night. Hopefully it will hold off until after the game.

I am happy to see all of the excitement generated over this matchup. All of Orange Mound and Melrose fans all over the country (and I mean that literally) are waiting and ready. The Orange Bowl will be rocking!!

Am I scared of the Mound? Yes, but not because of any bad attitudes. As I said, I was treated very nicely there last year. But this is what I know about Melrose, a team that many are saying are down this year. This down Melrose team is 10 and 1 (11 and 1 if you count the win over Ridgeway in the jamboree). They have a QB that can throw the ball with great accuracy 99% of the time. He almost always has an open receiver down field, and they very seldom miss the pass. Number 13 is probably the best punt and kick-off returner in the state. He is also great on the short pass. There are loads of others who can run the ball straight into the end zone. Their O-line is dominant. I don't know as much about defense as I tend to be a ball follower. I have old eyes and can't keep up with everything at once as some can. I have heard that their defense may very well be the fastest and possibly the best we have faced this year. Can we win this game? Yes, but so can they. We are the underdog and will have to play a perfect game. As for their crowd, they are always there in full force (they don't stay home like too many of the HC crowd have for the past couple of weeks), and lots will be on the visitor's side. I am for the Big Red all the way, but we are going to have our hands full. Play your game, Patriots. Let's win this game.

Edited by realredpride

Am I scared of the Mound? Yes, but not because of any bad attitudes. As I said, I was treated very nicely there last year. But this is what I know about Melrose, a team that many are saying are down this year. This down Melrose team is 10 and 1 (11 and 1 if you count the win over Ridgeway in the jamboree). They have a QB that can throw the ball with great accuracy 99% of the time. He almost always has an open receiver down field, and they very seldom miss the pass. Number 13 is probably the best punt and kick-off returner in the state. He is also great on the short pass. There are loads of others who can run the ball straight into the end zone. Their O-line is dominant. I don't know as much about defense as I tend to be a ball follower. I have old eyes and can't keep up with everything at once as some can. I have heard that their defense may very well be the fastest and possibly the best we have faced this year. Can we win this game? Yes, but so can they. We are the underdog and will have to play a perfect game. As for their crowd, they are always there in full force (they don't stay home like too many of the HC crowd have for the past couple of weeks), and lots will be on the visitor's side. I am for the Big Red all the way, but we are going to have our hands full. Play your game, Patriots. Let's win this game.

I like your synopsis RedPride. This will be a test for the Patriots resolve. They MUST come out with both barrels blazing and not let up the entire game. Defensively they need to keep on the QB, rush the pass and make them sling it for a few INT's. Our offense has to be multi-faceted this week. We can't have a "suspect" passing game this week, and I don't think we will. If we keep our heads in the game, play smart controlled football like we do, keep mistakes to a bare minimum, we will win this game.

The YANKER is prepared to make two predictions...HC 16-Melrose 14...Fairley 20-Munford 7...I would love to see the HC-Munford rematch but we will have to wait a year as the bad blood boils! The YANKER has spoken...and I will be at the game next week!!! Good luck to HC!

Good to hear from you Yanker!!! Come hang out and post with us some today! I like your score, but I am not sure how we would end up with 16. We don't typically go for 2 unless we have to. But no matter what, I would love to come home from the mound with this score in my pocket!!!

I like your synopsis RedPride. This will be a test for the Patriots resolve. They MUST come out with both barrels blazing and not let up the entire game. Defensively they need to keep on the QB, rush the pass and make them sling it for a few INT's. Our offense has to be multi-faceted this week. We can't have a "suspect" passing game this week, and I don't think we will. If we keep our heads in the game, play smart controlled football like we do, keep mistakes to a bare minimum, we will win this game.

Good to hear from you Yanker!!! Come hang out and post with us some today! I like your score, but I am not sure how we would end up with 16. We don't typically go for 2 unless we have to. But no matter what, I would love to come home from the mound with this score in my pocket!!!

The YANKER says you will kick an early FG but as the weather conditions worsen, you will miss your final Extra Point. Melrose will miss their first kick then convert on the two point play. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

If this happens like you say, then I got a couple of investments I want your opinion on! :lol:

I am the AMAZING YANKER...it could well happen as I describe...if so, then the YANKER will provide investment opinions for a price!! I have thought this through...I expect that it will transpire as the YANKER describes...I AM THE INCOMPARABLE YANKER...there is but a single YANKER...and that would be me...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!