Volunteer Falcons

Boonie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was missing? Was the score that bad most of the game? I figured Volunteer would give DB a good game without Coty in the lineup.

Volunteer was missing Javian Shivers, Justin Moore, and Cameron Trent. Thats two 6'6" and one 6'4", pretty much their entire inside game. They played with 4 guards. DB went out to a 12-15 point lead about 3 times and Volunteer kept comming back until the 4th. when DB pulled away. DB is not even close to the team they were last year.

I have to say that I was disappointed in both teams last night. Volunteer was missing their tallest three players but only Moore has the experience to play a key role. Shivers is a scrapper and will make some plays but he lacks much experience. Trent will be a dominate player in a year or two but he is a true freshman. I think he will progress and contribute this year but probably not dominate this season. It will interesting to watch him progress. I have seen improvement since last season and he will do fine next season.

I thought both teams shot and played poorly and the main difference in the game was the rebounding of the DB big men and Volunteer's lack of a big man inside. I expected the score to be closer and it would have been if Volunteer had the three big guys, but anybody could see that DB did not play up to their potential. If they had it would have gotten out of reach earlier than it did.

Good luck to both teams. Go Falcons!

I have to say that I was disappointed in both teams last night. Volunteer was missing their tallest three players but only Moore has the experience to play a key role. Shivers is a scrapper and will make some plays but he lacks much experience. Trent will be a dominate player in a year or two but he is a true freshman. I think he will progress and contribute this year but probably not dominate this season. It will interesting to watch him progress. I have seen improvement since last season and he will do fine next season.

I thought both teams shot and played poorly and the main difference in the game was the rebounding of the DB big men and Volunteer's lack of a big man inside. I expected the score to be closer and it would have been if Volunteer had the three big guys, but anybody could see that DB did not play up to their potential. If they had it would have gotten out of reach earlier than it did.

Good luck to both teams. Go Falcons!

Boonie, I think you are exatly right on the D.B. game. We just got whipped like a dog on the inside. And we will continue to get beat inside until Cameron gets some experience and more strength. Moore must be in the dog house, because he didnt play against DB and I know he was not injured. Shivers had a really bad ankle sprain and thats why he didnt play. Im not sure why Cameron didnt play. He did played in they J.V. game and maybe they saw that he wasnt ready for DBs big men. I dont know. I look forward to seeing Cameron as he matures. He will be hard to handle. We will look forward to the 2 games this weekend. Good luck Falcons.

Close game in the win over Lee High and a good conference victory over Crockett last night. I don't know what to expect at TN High Friday and I know nothing about Appalachia who is coming to Volunteer on Saturday. I think the team is definitely playing better but still have a long ways to go. Hopefully we can get another conference win at Viking Hall or at least stay competitive and mesh together a little more as a team.

I will probably miss the trip to Bristol but I should be in my usual seat for the Appalachia game.

Anybody hear how the kid from Crockett is doing? He took a nasty fall into the bleachers on that scramble for the loose ball. Hope he is okay.

Go Falcons!

Close game in the win over Lee High and a good conference victory over Crockett last night. I don't know what to expect at TN High Friday and I know nothing about Appalachia who is coming to Volunteer on Saturday. I think the team is definitely playing better but still have a long ways to go. Hopefully we can get another conference win at Viking Hall or at least stay competitive and mesh together a little more as a team.

I will probably miss the trip to Bristol but I should be in my usual seat for the Appalachia game.

Anybody hear how the kid from Crockett is doing? He took a nasty fall into the bleachers on that scramble for the loose ball. Hope he is okay.

Go Falcons!

If you get a good game from Mauk and Kradic you ought to beat Bristol. The game against Appalachia ought to be over by half. They have never been any good.

Another good conference win at TN High last night.... I hate that I missed it. I will be there tonight for the Appalachia game.

Hopefully we can stay on a roll tonight. I know nothing about Appalachia basketball this season. Who plays tonight, girls and boys varsity or is it JV and Varsity boys only?