Ravenwood @ Antioch

Oh,

Please quit whining rapbwood. Your attacks at Nununu are futile at best. That guy has done more to mentor at risk youths than anyone on this thread. He's a good man, who puts in the time other people just think about doing and he's infinitely more qualified to speak on this subject because he knows Buc personally and he takes the time to understand lots of different kids. WIP is also more qualified because he coaches a feeder school and knows all of these youngsters, grew up in that neighborhood, and he learned a lot about class from his father, who is as respected a coach as there is in Nashville. I'm lucky to know a lot of the kids on both sides of this game and they are almost ALL good kids, some of them just come from differing backgrounds. However, you guys from Ravenwood talk about class, but trust me, #5 in red and black can trash talk out there with the best of them (I don't blame him, it had to be tough growing up with Big Daniel beating you up all the time). And the guy before him, who I love to death, had some character issues that could have cost him Mr. Football. I've posted here for years now and have never really called out a poster, but lets call it what it is. Here's an older white guy from the right side of the tracks calling out a young, 17 year old black kid from just on the other side of those same tracks who represents this supposed "hip-hop generation". Not trying to be Ray Lewis here, but it smells like a different set of circumstances for two different groups of people. Be really careful here, I'm not calling you racist rapbwood, but just showing a bit of ignorance on something you don't particularly care for or understand.

I go to Titans games all the time and between plays and during TV timeouts, there are many times that I'll see a Keith Bulluck or back in the day, Kevin Carter, dance between timeouts. You won't find two better character guys in Nashville than those two.

Anyways, Work In Progress, how did you guys finish this season and how is this different campus thing working for you guys??

McNine---We had another solid year. We are like my screen name, a work in progress. This year we made it to the championship game for the first time ever. We were undefeated going in but lost the championship to Moore. They havent lost in over five years now. So our goal for next year is to win it all. I was proud of our kids and they showed a lot of character and pride in the way that they played. The new campus was tought for the football team. I had to get my CDL so that we could travel back and forth everyday for practice. The new doesn't have a field yet. But we made it work. Thanks for asking and I hope all is well. I havent seen you on here for awhile until this thread came up.

Back to the thread, I think it is ironic that this is about the character of a young man and yet some of the posters aren't showing character themselves. Nununu is a great person who truly cares for the kids. I promise you he is not in it for the money or fame. We dont get paid nearly enough for the job that we do. For someone to attack him on here is ridiculous.

Kids are going to be kids. They will make mistakes. Adults make mistakes too. We all just have to learn from them and live with whatever consequences come from them. If Buc did some of the things mentioned on here, which I did not see, then hopefully he will learn from his mistakes. He is a good kid and a heck of a DE. Once again good luck to Ravenwood tomorrow.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a little too late to play nice. Rapbwood and ravencat your post truely tell who you are. You judge a total person based on a football game when niether of you have any idea what it is actually like. Both of you should know better, but because one of you has a son that plays you let your emotion get in the way. It is to late to be nice. Antioch has the greatest respect for the staff and the players but not you.

Young man...you are exactually right....I do judge a person on how they perform...as does life! If you act like a jerk...life will treat you like one!

When you say we have no idea what it is actually like....what does that mean...I played ball in high school...and in college...and played AAA baseball in the Reds organization......I spent 12 years as a TSSAA and an NCAA official.........It's possible that I may know more than you think.

Regarding my son..he can take care of himself........but I guess you already know that.

Would you consider yourself a team leader...sounds like it...what did you say to your team mate when he hit Becker after he had already taken a knee....did you call him out or did you encourage him....or did you do nothing...? I'll bet I know!

Son..your respect I can do without!

My reply tells us how much I actually care about our future, and how little you do. You tell me to quit, that is just one less teacher we have to guide our youth. A generation that needs more guidance than any. It is pretty cool to hide behind a screen name and say things. I guess this is your fantasy world, where you can express your feelings, without the fear of rejection or ridicule. I live in reality. I'm sure everyone by now knows who I am, and I have no fear of saying what is on my mind. You ask anyone at Antioch about me and they will say that I am a plus to this school, not a minus, like you are on this thread.

This thread has taken life of its own. This supposes to be good discussion in these threads. I’m ready to move on and let it be. We have Hunter Lane to worry about and beating this dead horse serves no purpose to anyone. I had written something that you feel is impropriate and feel so strong about a person character, who am I to judge. Let me apologize for my actions and poor choice of words.

Hey guys,

Ravenwood 35, Antioch 28.

Game's over.

Ravenwood has a chance to be playing in the final four of the state and the thread on that game has like 30 posts while this one has equally as many since the game ended.

All of you guys, just move on. Congratulations to Antioch for a great season and I wish Ravenwood the best of luck against HL. Represent Region 6 well.

Young man...you are exactually right....I do judge a person on how they perform...as does life! If you act like a jerk...life will treat you like one!

When you say we have no idea what it is actually like....what does that mean...I played ball in high school...and in college...and played AAA baseball in the Reds organization......I spent 12 years as a TSSAA and an NCAA official.........It's possible that I may know more than you think.

Regarding my son..he can take care of himself........but I guess you already know that.

Would you consider yourself a team leader...sounds like it...what did you say to your team mate when he hit Becker after he had already taken a knee....did you call him out or did you encourage him....or did you do nothing...? I'll bet I know!

Son..your respect I can do without!

Who said I was young. Your resume may be impressive but you are sad. You get on here bash a kid . If you want to go after coaches thats fine. Leave the kids out. You said you were old school. I know your not. No one from the "old school" would get on a computer and bash a kid.

ok..we get it..people can sit here and hate on 88 all they want..they fact of the matter is that he is supposed to be a big time player.."D1 prosepect" from what everyone is saying..who cares if he does a little chest banging..he may of been a hot shot all season long, but when it counts, where everyone sees what your made of in playoff time...we saw NOTHING, as did the scouts..im fine with the chest banging..i was just interested in the performance...and got nothing out of him when in counted..if scouts were there the player they were taking note of was Becker

Ok...who in the world got on my name and posted this comment. This is not my comments. I nkow they aren't too bad but I am just upset because i did not type this at all. Haha wow this a little weird.