Fulton at Carter

Road2Three

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I would love to play Fulton next week.. That would be a money maker for TSSAA because everybody and their moma will be at that game.. COme on now! I mean, which game would draw a bigger crowd? AE at Carter or AE at Fulton?

I pick answer C: None of the above.

The game will be Fulton @ Knoxville Catholic--- Round 2. It's a shame this one isn't for the title because these are the top two 3A teams in Tennessee this year. It is awfully hard to imagine any other team winning the championship other than the winner of this game. I think it will be standing room only next week at Blaine Stadium.

Turtle, your Roadrunners had one great finish last night at Catholic. Your QB has a gun for an arm and, overall, that may have been the most exciting 3 or 4 minutes of high school football I have ever seen. Congratulations to AE for a great game and I'm really glad the Irish don't have to play you again. :thumb:

WHOA WHOA WHOA, 3 things.

1. Fulton had 0 ejections(unless something happened late, I know they didn't)

2. Whats wrong with pumping up your own crowd? NOTHING! its done to keep the fans into it.

3. Don't judge fulton if its the 1st game uve seen them play with carter. 2 of the last 3 meetings between these teams have resulted in ejections. ALL FROM CARTER! not 1 player from Fulton in the past 5 years(that i can remember, i know not 1 against carter) has been ejected.*Hint* fulton isnt the only team that has had altercations with Carter.

Don't get me wrong, I was just as disappointed in the Carter team, and probably more so with the way the team lost their composure in the 3rd quarter, but this is high school football; after an 'altercation' like that, you don't start hopping up and down gesturing towards the crowd. That is class-less. I don't care who's fault it was, I don't care what happened to draw those penalties, there is no room for that in high school football. Whatever to 'all business?' Again I didn't have a stake in that game, since I never went to either school. I have heard that Carter has an attitude problem. However, I don't think that it starts and stops with that.

I went to this game to see Dennis Rogan for the first time. He had a great game, and he is the real deal, especially when his team opened up holes for him. I was disappointed that Fulton didn't run the ball outside more, because I felt that they had a lot more speed than Carter. Early on, Carter found a way to bottle him up because they ran the ball up the middle a lot. Still, he had some sweet moves, and I think he will be a nice addition to the Tennessee football program next year.

Whats the old joke......I went to a fight and a football game broke out !!!!

The coaches, administration, and game officials all knew before this game started that emotions were running high. These two teams played just a few weeks ago in a game marred with late hits and unsportsmanlike conduct. When all this is known beforehand and it is still allowed to happen, one has to ask where the adult supervision was? Football is an emotional sport, but there are hundreds of teams across Tennessee that somehow are able to play football and yet maintain dignity and sportsmanship.

Pulling hard for Catholic to represent East Tennessee in the playoffs........

The coaches, administration, and game officials all knew before this game started that emotions were running high. These two teams played just a few weeks ago in a game marred with late hits and unsportsmanlike conduct. When all this is known beforehand and it is still allowed to happen, one has to ask where the adult supervision was? Football is an emotional sport, but there are hundreds of teams across Tennessee that somehow are able to play football and yet maintain dignity and sportsmanship.

What team do you follow ?????

you are correct in saying that the two teams played a few weeks ago and there were unsportsmanlike penalties and yes those too were against Carter ... if you werent at either game then dont comment .. Fulton players did an outstanding job in both games of keeping their cool ...

Don't get me wrong, I was just as disappointed in the Carter team, and probably more so with the way the team lost their composure in the 3rd quarter, but this is high school football; after an 'altercation' like that, you don't start hopping up and down gesturing towards the crowd. That is class-less. I don't care who's fault it was, I don't care what happened to draw those penalties, there is no room for that in high school football. Whatever to 'all business?' Again I didn't have a stake in that game, since I never went to either school. I have heard that Carter has an attitude problem. However, I don't think that it starts and stops with that.

I went to this game to see Dennis Rogan for the first time. He had a great game, and he is the real deal, especially when his team opened up holes for him. I was disappointed that Fulton didn't run the ball outside more, because I felt that they had a lot more speed than Carter. Early on, Carter found a way to bottle him up because they ran the ball up the middle a lot. Still, he had some sweet moves, and I think he will be a nice addition to the Tennessee football program next year.

I think this was just a matter of a player, not being able to retaliate and "saving face" in the pumping up of the crowd...rather than get himself thrown out of a game by responding to cheap shots by opposing players.

Now, I watched the first game on CSS, but the lack of sportsmanship on Carter's behalf was much more evident in person and this time around. Carter was clearly and without a doubt the less talented and less composed team last night. It appeared that the Carter coaches had lost some control of their players, as they were constantly called for (and many times should have been called for) unsportsmanlike acts. It also appeared as though some of the Carter players were repeatedly and vehemently arguing with their own coaches. This was a case of "monkey see, monkey do."

As for the game, I think Carter would have been much more effective just trying to execute their game plan, rather than distracting themselves from what should have been their ultimate goal (winning), by engaging in trash talk and after the whistle skirmishes. All the unnecessary actions were counter productive to them being successful. It actually hurt them a few times on critical drives. These types of things are preventing Carter from moving their program from “Good” to “Great” status.

Fulton put a lot of pressure on Carter’s DL and LBs by running Rogan at every angle, and then sprinkled in a few long pass plays to loosen the Carter defense up a bit. Meanwhile, their defense stuffed the run and kept the QB scrambling for his life the second half. They also prescribed to Newton’s Third Law of “Football” Motion, which states that “for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"…every time they were exposed to Carter’s misconducts, their reaction was to light up the scoreboard.

Fulton looks like they are very focused, which should make for an incredible rematch with the undefeated Fighting Irish in Round 3.

I would strongly advise Carter to 1)Stop putting Fulton on their schedule, they have taken enough of a beaten, 2)Try to play stiffer competition during the season, just not Fulton, and 3)Stop running their jaws and just play hard, CLEAN football, which is something they have an extremely hard time doing. Rogan is back to the 200 rushing yd/game playoff average now with 268 last night and the Falcons thump the Hornets AGAIN 36-8. Fulton has now beaten Carter a combined 126-11 the last three games. Oh, and congrats to Carter for scoring on the Falcons' 3rd stringers last night with your starters still in the game! :lol: