ROUND 3: Sycamore at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Pearl-Cohn on advancing to the state semifinals. I'd especially like to say congrats to head coach Tony Brunetti on a job well done this year taking over for a legend in Maurice Fitzgerald. I hope that you guys can take care of Fulton next week in Nashville and represent Region 4-3A strong the rest of the way.

For Sycamore it was the ending to a magical run. Most out there had Sycamore as the 6th best team in a 7 team region back in the preseason. For those folks I'd like to say HA! Coach Gary Halstead and his staff did a great job this year and those seniors truly laid it all on the line. Sitting at 0-3 in region play at one point this year was tough no question about it HOWEVER a five game winning streak landed the War Eagles in the state quarterfinals tonight. I'd especially like to point out the gutty effort of Matt Carrigan tonight. Son you are ONE TOUGH MOTHER....... Congrats to the War Eagles on becoming the second team in school history (AND THE THIRD TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF OUR GREAT COUNTY) to advance to this point in the playoffs. It was a wild ride that you should always cherish :thumb:

Good job Sycamore-remember there is always next year, even if you are a senior, it will always be your team...

As for PC-way to go guys, keep pushing it to the limits and you'll get what you want...I keep saying I will be watching you win state and I believe it...4-3A all the way...Remember respresent us proudly, loudly but not rowdy... :thumb:

Hey, we can't be too upset, Pearl Cohn is just a really good football team and they came to play in the second half. Rashad Mason really showed what kind of a special athlete he is last night, he DOES have that extra gear I was waiting to see, so hats off to him and a great Firebird team. They earned it. I think they will give those old East Tennessee boys from Fulton all they want and more. Good luck manning up on Rashad is all I'll say. I'll be rooting for our region 4-3A champs no doubt.

Great season Sycamore. Cheatham County is proud to have had such a great team to watch all season. This was one of, if not the, best Sycamore teams there has been...so far.

Congrats to Pearl-Cohn on advancing to the state semifinals. I'd especially like to say congrats to head coach Tony Brunetti on a job well done this year taking over for a legend in Maurice Fitzgerald. I hope that you guys can take care of Fulton next week in Nashville and represent Region 4-3A strong the rest of the way.

For Sycamore it was the ending to a magical run. Most out there had Sycamore as the 6th best team in a 7 team region back in the preseason. For those folks I'd like to say HA! Coach Gary Halstead and his staff did a great job this year and those seniors truly laid it all on the line. Sitting at 0-3 in region play at one point this year was tough no question about it HOWEVER a five game winning streak landed the War Eagles in the state quarterfinals tonight. I'd especially like to point out the gutty effort of Matt Carrigan tonight. Son you are ONE TOUGH MOTHER....... Congrats to the War Eagles on becoming the second team in school history (AND THE THIRD TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF OUR GREAT COUNTY) to advance to this point in the playoffs. It was a wild ride that you should always cherish :D

It is pretty difficult to follow a legend. Most people want to keep telling you about how great he did everything. Winning makes those talks come fewer and farther between. Good luck vs. Fulton! All I have heard about since this summer is how good they are! :D

Please go shut them up! :lol:

pc is a great team with alot of play makers who make play good luck in the next round agianst fulton and take 4-3a to the state

sycamore seniors left every thing they had on the field we had a great year next year the upcoming seniors will have to step up and take the place of some great players but we will be up to and we will have to keep the winnig tradition at sycamore thanks for the great season seniors