Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very happy with Hampton's effort last night. As far as one play changing the game, I don't think there was one. They play so much as a team. Its wonderful. Their line is awesome. Their backs are tough. They do not break on defense. As for Colefield, I believe they had the biggest # of players I have ever seen on a 1A team. I think they had over 60. That's unreal. I want to thank all the fans from over that came to watch us. A special thanks to Harriman for letting us practice on their field earlier in the day. Colefield will be back and Hampton will too.

Dog breath, Coalfield has about 45 players. That's still a lot for a 1A team.

As for the play that changed the game. Well, it was the opening kickoff. Because Hampton kicked our ###### from pillar to post.

Seriously that first INT was big. Coalfield could have used a few trading of punts with Hampton to settle themselves down. Maybe that would have made them realize they couldn't just line up and whip HHS.

Instead they gave HHS the ball in CHS territory and HHS had momentum and went right at Coalfield and scored on them. By the time Coalfield started settling down, it was 17-0.

I don't think Hampton is that much more talented. They are probably more talented overall, but not that much more. I do think they were more prepared and wanted it that much more than Coalfield.

I will admit that it could have been much worse if HHS wanted it to be. Your coach let his foot up off our throats.

Yes we all know.... We could have many shut out games this year..and let me say this ...I am in no way saying you guys should have not scored... but many games this year ...it is like JC almost let them score.. that is just the kind of coach he is.. I think until actual teams play us they might think we are weak and anyone can score on us.... the reason I asked about the plays that changed the game... I think the punt snap over Brandon's head.. was the momentum changing play.. that seemed really to effect Coalfield's young men..

Yes we all know.... We could have many shut out games this year..and let me say this ...I am in no way saying you guys should have not scored... but many games this year ...it is like JC almost let them score.. that is just the kind of coach he is.. I think until actual teams play us they might think we are weak and anyone can score on us.... the reason I asked about the plays that changed the game... I think the punt snap over Brandon's head.. was the momentum changing play.. that seemed really to effect Coalfield's young men..

Your right thats when BIG MO came over to the pound :thumb:

I think we're gonna move on. We were beaten by a good football team. This Coalfield team was probably the best 11 man team we have ever had as far as record. We will honor them in many ways. The seniors on this team have played in the 4th round, two third rounds, and have won 39 ball games in 4 years. They are truly record setters. Nothing could have been accomplished with out the upper classmen above them. They have given Coalfield a taste of winning that was lost for a few years. I congradulate the players, past and present, that have played with these seniors. You are the cream of the crop for this program the four year record speaks for itself. Remember where you have been, know where you are going, and return to Coalfield as adults with a purpose to give back.[/b] We are in dire need of our young people to take the traditions to the next level, and to assist in the improvement of the Community. Thanks.

Good luck Hampton in the upper rounds. It would be nice to know we were eliminated by the State Champions. Next year, maybe.

I’m sure all these fine young men that have played for the jackets over the years will return to the communities they are from and make great contributions! Better luck next year.