Lavergne vs. Hillsboro

4mercoach

Sounds like there is some progress with the Lady 'Rines, but I'm still not buying the 9-AAA champ stuff. Getting into the top 4 would be a great accomplishment in that league. Thanks for the update.

Some progress has been made but the Lady Rines, need to work on the inside game, exspecially, since expected Sr starter left the team a few weeks ago to concentrate on her volleyball career. The Lady Rines have a good upcoming freshmen post but her lack of experience will cost her when playing against a stronger post player, like a Jasmine Hassell or a Tierney Jenkins.

I do think the Lady Rines will make more noise than expected, if the girls stay focus on the big picture. One thing I can say I was impressed with was they were down in double digits and didn't lose their composure. They stayed with it played some half way decent defense and found themselves in a tie ball game with about 30 seconds remaining. They had a good chance to win but miss a shot with about 10 seconds remaining to tie it up again. Good ball game and I even think the girls came away with a good feeling even with a loss.

The Wolverines were down at least by 16 pts in the second half, but its hard to judge the play with these two coaches who aren't as concerned about winning these types of games as they are as seeing which players can do what in a given situation as some of us more eager to win at all times parents and fans. The Burros are the better team at this point but the Lady Wolverines and L. Jefferson proved what I said earlier " they are the team with the most upcoming talent in the midstate alongside Hillsborro.The Wilson Co. teams and Smyrna have to consider the Wolverines as a formidable foe right now.