Unsigned senior point guards

eighttotwentyfour

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jen Sneed of JPII is one of the top true point guards in middle tn. She is a 4 year starter and has 2 state appearances to her credit. Best guard defender in mid tn and is a great leader. Average outside shot but good on dribble drive and is a coach on floor. Someone will get a great kid in jen.

I agree with you on everything but the best defender part. There are other "true point guards" in Middle Tennessee who plays defense as well or better. Dribbling is a weakness. I think you have a new student at JPII and you are on the bandwagon. She is a good kid. As to starting four years, not unusual for coaches daughters and at a new high school. Shooting is a little below average. She does drive very well. I think the two state championship appearences was probably a team credit as much as anything. She can certainly play at the Division III level probably with an academic scholarship to take with her.

I agree with you on everything but the best defender part. There are other "true point guards" in Middle Tennessee who plays defense as well or better. Dribbling is a weakness. I think you have a new student at JPII and you are on the bandwagon. She is a good kid. As to starting four years, not unusual for coaches daughters and at a new high school. Shooting is a little below average. She does drive very well. I think the two state championship appearences was probably a team credit as much as anything. She can certainly play at the Division III level probably with an academic scholarship to take with her.

There are other point guards in the city that have not been mentioned that can and will play ball in college at some level.

Actually I'm someone who doesn't have a kid at JPII, rather someone who coached and recruited in college for 10 plus years and has observed some 400+ high school games. Doesn't make all my observations correct, but I don't miss too often on a kids abilities. Also, Jen's dad coaches the boys team. The state appearances were a total team effort and Jen played a huge part from the point position. Until I see someone better, she's the best on the ball defender that can maintain it throughout an entire game that i've seen. I'm sure there are many very good defenders out there.

Actually I'm someone who doesn't have a kid at JPII, rather someone who coached and recruited in college for 10 plus years and has observed some 400+ high school games. Doesn't make all my observations correct, but I don't miss too often on a kids abilities. Also, Jen's dad coaches the boys team. The state appearances were a total team effort and Jen played a huge part from the point position. Until I see someone better, she's the best on the ball defender that can maintain it throughout an entire game that i've seen. I'm sure there are many very good defenders out there.

You dang tooting there is. Jennifer is a great kid. I have watched her for many years. But there are other guards that pass, defend, steal, rebound, and score and lead their team as well as she does. Maybe you have not seen them as of yet. Anyway, we both agree on one thing, and that is Jennifer along with all the players get the best education in college and play some ball too. The best of everything to all the players. :justwrestle: