Hampton @ Friendship Christian

Ole3putt

First of all, Congratulations to Friendship Christian. Good luck to you all in the finals. I was listening to the radio, and you guys came out on top. That fumble and the botched snap really hurt Hampton early, and the hit on Lunsford, (albeit helmet to helmet from what I heard) really put us in a bind. You guys sounded like a really good team.

I figured we had to play perfect to win, and honestly I couldnt be any more prouder to be a bulldog alum. These guys have so much heart and I would like to thank all of the seniors and underclassmen for all the memories they have given us Bulldog fans.

Townsend- you are a great back and I hope you play at the next level

Lyons- You really pulled through this year, and I hope you play in college (football or basketball) congrats on the player of the year award, you deserve it

To all the seniors- thanks for the best 2 year run in hampton history, back to back final 4's, you all are amazing

I for one can not wait to see what lunsford, milhorn, jaynes, irick, roop, newbern and the rest of the bulldogs can do next year with the homefield.

GO DOGS!

Edited by htownbulldog04

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well fellers, I hate to say ole Possumtowner told ya so but well......Ole Possumtowner told ya so. We got some good uns here dont we folks. We dont back down and shy away from notin or nobody and I am as proud of them fellers as I could be.

There aint gonna be no crow feedin to nobody. No use in it. Them boys from Hampton was some good uns too. They is good young fellers. They played hard and left it all out there on the field. They hit hard jest like ya'll said.

We will think about this un tonight and then we got to move on. We got 1 more to go. This here region is the toughest in the state. We proved that again tonight.

Jest like ole possumtowner told ya'll, the key to the game was speed. We got it

Be proud of yer young fellers Hampton, ole Possumtowner is.

How bout them Commanders! We is headed over to the Boro. Possumtowner has to get busy and git some tape so I can go to studying.

FCS led late in the second quarter, when Hampton air-mailed the punt snap. Friendship took over at the 30 and on the first play from scrimmage hit John Doak for a TD pass. 21-0 at intermission and the game was all but over.

That big tackle for Hampton (#77) must learn to play low. He stood up almost every play. If he ever played with good technique he'd be hard to handle.

Congratulations FCS on the win. Congrats Bulldogs on a good season, battling through adversity and injuries all season to get where you were. Good luck to all of the seniors, even the ones that didn't get in the game tonight.

The only beef I had with the game was the illegal helmet-to-helmet blow from FCS' No. 55 on Hampton's Lunsford at the end of the first half. The play happened right in front of me -- I was walking the sidelines as always. It was a clear illegal blow with the butt of his helmet to the helmet of Lunsford. No. 55 said something out of the way, but to his credit motioned to the side of the field to get some help. Lunsford had a concussion and had to sit out the second half, but he was on the sidelines cheering those boys on.

My problem is this ... the officials didn't call the thing which was clear as day on the other side of the stadium. They conferred in the end zone for about five mintues before going back to the locker room -- didn't bother calling the penalty. There should have been a penalty there. A flagrant penalty. No. 55 meant to hit Lunsford that hard, I don't know if he meant to put him out, but when he got up and said what he said ... there should have been a penalty. It was a dirty hit. Don't take this as me saying he's a dirty player, I'm not. I didn't see anything like that the rest of the game out of him. He's a good linebacker with good speed. But that one time, that one play - Lunsford was running the ball out of bounds, No. 55 was ahead - he had him lined up at full speed, it was a clear dirty, helmet-to-helmet hit.

Hampton should have gotten the ball at the 4 and got one last play towards the end of the first half. Shame on the TSSAA.

FCS, the camera guy from Channel 4 had the direct blow on tape and offered to show it to the officials. I was told by the radio guy from FCS that the tape was going to be reviewed by the TSSAA after the game. Yeah right. That hit will be downplayed like crazy, but it was dirty.

Now that that's been said....

Aside from that play, so all of you FCS fans won't think I'm whining - I'm not, Friendship's defense is the real deal. They are quick at every position and can stop the run. Each team got a couple of breaks, the Commanders made the most of theirs. You're not as good as Trousdale was a year ago, but good enough at every position to be the best in the state at the Class A level this year. Good luck next week and win the gold ball.

To the Hampton team: Again, I'm proud of you Bulldogs. The second half play, defensively, was outstanding. It's going to be tough losing Adam, Jon, D.J., Joe Lee and Zach ... but with hard work and dedication in the offseason, plus playing the game up at our neck of the woods ... you might get another shot at it.

SENIORS - I covered you all in eighth grade before you took the step to the HS level, and I got to cover you this year...

Adam, I enjoyed interviewing you one last time and getting to watch you play that last game. That made my night when you told me, "Wes, I want that interview." You better call me first when you sign those scholarship papers.

Jonathan Lyons, like I told you in the locker room... bud, nothing to be ashamed of. You stepped up and proved a lot to people. Now we get to watch you shine on the hardwood. I agreed with Adam, it'd be nice to see both of you play together at C-N, but take the best offer coming. You will get them.

D.J., you said it best after the game, "After the first half, I wanted to go out there and leave it on the field, and bust them in the mouth." Those FCS guys won't admit it, but you boys did in the second half. You were fun to talk to and it was fun to watch you play.

Joe Lee, what a hit on that quarterback in the second half. You made some big stops in the run game and really stepped up your play these last couple of weeks. Way to go big guy.

Zach Thornton, you had a good year. Keep your head up.

Will, I didn't get to talk to you much this season and I'm sorry for that. You played good ball this season. Way to get in there and make some good stops in your last game.

Josh and Cory, even though you guys didn't rush for a 1,000 yards or record upteen tackles, you wore those uniforms as well as anybody.

If I missed anybody else, I'm sorry. I'm going off the top of my head.

Dogs, It's been fun writing you guys up all season. I know I wasn't Jamie Combs, but thanks for welcoming me to the fold.

- Wes

Edited by acdcfan

Congrats Bulldog fans on another great season. Back to Back final 4's and definitely the best program in East Tn is nothing but admirable. I thought your kids played extremely hard and never quit # 82 and 12 are real players. Townsend showed unbelieveable character in returning so quickly from his serious injury and trying to aid his team-mates down the stretch. Your defense really tackled well and gave FC some trouble once FC went into their clock management mode of running out the clock in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Your fans traveled good and us FC fans hope that your QB is ok. He really took a shot right before the half. As far as it being illegal I guess that would be in the eye of the beholder. I had the same eye as the ref's and didn't see anything illegal. From my vantage point (within 20 yards) it looked as though your QB was attempting to run over the wrong person in MR. Football candidate Mitchell. With 6 secs left in the half prior to the start of the play left why would he be attempting to step out of bounds? He wasn't, he knew that was Hamptons last chance before half time! As for any talk from the hitter I never heard it but I did see Mitchell immediately signal for the trainers. I thought it was amazing that your staff immediately ran off the FC team Dr. attempting to help. By the way he is a Harvard graduate! As far as helmet to helmet contact I think that is a pro rule not TSSAA. Mitchell hit him facemask to facemask (he did not lead with the top of his helmet) and I'd say in your Hampton fans words "busted him in the mouth"!

Obviously with the players you have returning you will be a factor again next year & wish you guys best of luck! :thumb: However Region 4 will still have to be reckoned with at some point and none of our REGION 4 teams will fear ANYONE-ANYWHERE!

Edited by 1A FAN

Congrats Bulldog fans on another great season. Back to Back final 4's and definitely the best program in East Tn. I thought your kids played extremely hard and never quit. Your defense really tacled well and gave FC some trouble.

Your fans traveled well and us FC fans hope that your QB is ok. He really took a shot right before the half.

Obviously with the players you have returning you will be a factor again next year best of luck! :thumb:

Congrats to FCS. 1-A FAN, I want you to know that in no way in my earlier post to I want to come across as saying your team, or No.55, is dirty. I don't agree with the call on that hit and I will argue it through and through.

I was impressed by your team and was shown great hospitality by your folks on the other side. Good luck next week.

Edited by acdcfan

No Crow for me...just had O'Charley's.. FC has a good football team.. they are not last year's Trousdale though.. but that was another year.... Hampton could have won this game.. but did not execute the clutch plays....We will be back next year... just as tough... and will have no fear of any Region 4 opponent..Good luck to FC in the finals.... nothing is better than a all private final... pro teams prove year in and year out... picking up those great players.. provides championships