McMinn Co. vs McMinn Central

MCHSBballfan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next game for McMinn and Central is each other. There's been alot of finger pointing, accusations, speculations, charges, and that's just during the summer. Anyone got a prediction for this game?

I say low scoring, close game at half, with Central running away in the second half.

What do you think?

After losing his coaching job over there and having several girls choose to go there instead of here fuels the anger! I do not see an end to it which just makes the two times we play more tense.

I see McMinn leading for the first three quarters. The last quarter will be determined by fouls and being tired from only 6 girls playing, maybe 7 at the most. I think our starting five are stronger, but that is as far as we can go. Central girls are young, ours have started together for starting year number 3. I think it will be like last year, McMinn wins first one, Central wins the second one as the young grils improve. Our girls last year got more tired as the year goes on.

I do not see a run away from either team this time.

After losing his coaching job over there and having several girls choose to go there instead of here fuels the anger! I do not see an end to it which just makes the two times we play more tense.

I see McMinn leading for the first three quarters. The last quarter will be determined by fouls and being tired from only 6 girls playing, maybe 7 at the most. I think our starting five are stronger, but that is as far as we can go. Central girls are young, ours have started together for starting year number 3. I think it will be like last year, McMinn wins first one, Central wins the second one as the young grils improve. Our girls last year got more tired as the year goes on.

I do not see a run away from either team this time.

This is a two very interesting comments. Here is how I see it. Coach Morgan will still be trying to figure out the starting positions at the first of the year. I do believe that Central will have the edge on McMinn because of the way the girls at Central enjoy playing with each other. On the other hand, if the Davis girl from McMinn has a great game with the other 4 starters and you have one coming off the bench, then I see McMinn winning the first game.

McMinn wins the first game by 3 if they do not get tired.

Central wins the other game by 10

Central has gone 8 deep in the first two games. And to be honest, I can't tell any difference in which 8 are in. It's going to be a tuff one to call. I think that the team that can control the pace wins the game. McMinn HAS to run a slow paced game, or risk having to get into a weak bench. Central will be running the floor and doing the "border-line nasty" full court press from start to finish and try to get McMinn into a running game. None of Central's girls will be on the floor for more then 4-5 min before they get a rest. McMinn will have to keep their starters on the floor with only a mins rest. Close game at first. Central pulling away at the end. You also have to figure in the fact that Central's girls have not lost at home in over a year. I think Central wins both matches, home and away.

Edited by MCHSBballfan

Central has gone 8 deep in the first two games. And to be honest, I can't tell any difference in which 8 are in. It's going to be a tuff one to call. I think that the team that can control the pace wins the game. McMinn HAS to run a slow paced game, or risk having to get into a weak bench. Central will be running the floor and doing the "border-line nasty" full court press from start to finish and try to get McMinn into a running game. None of Central's girls will be on the floor for more then 4-5 min before they get a rest. McMinn will have to keep their starters on the floor with only a mins rest. Close game at first. Central pulling away at the end. You also have to figure in the fact that Central's girls have not lost at home in over a year. I think Central wins both matches, home and away.

I was suprised with the way the Central girl's played. None of them played like a team but like a single player. No team play at all. McMinn girls did a great job and it did seem to me they played good together. Both teams will do good this year but I cant wait till the rematch, I think it will be a close game... :lol:

I was suprised with the way the Central girl's played. None of them played like a team but like a single player. No team play at all. McMinn girls did a great job and it did seem to me they played good together. Both teams will do good this year but I cant wait till the rematch, I think it will be a close game... :lol:

who won?

McMinn led almost the whole game. Second half saw them ease out to around 14 points or so but in start of fourth quarter lost two top scorers, Niala and Castor in 30 seconds with fouls and everyone got nervous about Central come back. They did get within 4 or 6 but could not hit shots. Margin increased again with McmInn ending Central's home floor winning streak of over a year.

Niala and Castor played great and Frazier handled the Central press great. Central girls did not play with their usual fire and hustle. The Jordan girl came off bench and gave them good spark for a time, but their freshman guard from last year was not a factor this time like last year, she is having to jump center and everything. McMinn made their shots and Central did not shoot well including free throws.

McMinn led almost the whole game. Second half saw them ease out to around 14 points or so but in start of fourth quarter lost two top scorers, Niala and Castor in 30 seconds with fouls and everyone got nervous about Central come back. They did get within 4 or 6 but could not hit shots. Margin increased again with McmInn ending Central's home floor winning streak of over a year.

Niala and Castor played great and Frazier handled the Central press great. Central girls did not play with their usual fire and hustle. The Jordan girl came off bench and gave them good spark for a time, but their freshman guard from last year was not a factor this time like last year, she is having to jump center and everything. McMinn made their shots and Central did not shoot well including free throws.

ok thanks :thumb:

who won?

McMInn won but it should've went to the wire. the Castor girl received her 4th foul then said something and received a big T for her comment and that was her 5th foul. then after that the Harris girl recieved her 5th foul. 14 points ahead and it did get close at the end but Central did not and couldn't hit nothing that night. Not to take anything away from McMinn..

:thumb::angry:

McMinn and Central both ran into some good Maryville teams this weekend. McMinn is doing much better than expected as the bench is doing better. Brianna has give some good relief, she did well against Central the other night. Our problems will be growing tired and foul trouble until the bench strengthens.

I have watched Central a couple of times and I think they are still searching for the right combination. Last year's freshmen look more nervous this year than last year and seem to be holding back.

Big district games start this week.

McMinn and Central both ran into some good Maryville teams this weekend. McMinn is doing much better than expected as the bench is doing better. Brianna has give some good relief, she did well against Central the other night. Our problems will be growing tired and foul trouble until the bench strengthens.

I have watched Central a couple of times and I think they are still searching for the right combination. Last year's freshmen look more nervous this year than last year and seem to be holding back.

Big district games start this week.

How can they not be nervous? Make a mistake, and you are out. They are afraid to play like they know how. Get screamed at and taken out until coach calms down. Only one player is allowed to play through her mistakes and she makes plenty of them. Seems like Coach Morgan has given up on all his players except #20.

How can they not be nervous? Make a mistake, and you are out. They are afraid to play like they know how. Get screamed at and taken out until coach calms down. Only one player is allowed to play through her mistakes and she makes plenty of them. Seems like Coach Morgan has given up on all his players except #20.

Is the #20 of which you speak a family member of the coach? Or is the coach wearing some #20 blinders?

I say if you make a substantial enough mistake (such as not playing hard on a particular possession, not boxing out, or missing several layups), you should then spend time on the bench. Lessons can often be taught in a variety of ways, and one particular way is by letting young kids know that if they do something incorrect, it will have a direct impact on whether or not they are in the game.

Of course your name suggests that you don't buy into the mentality of allowing lessons to be taught via the basketball court, but instead are concerned with making the players emotional satisfied. I don't follow this program, but I do remember that one of the two McMinn County high schools sent a team to participate in the final 8 in Murfreesboro that started 2-3 freshmen and saw several others involved in action. Is the same coach involved in that charge--a charge that must certainly be at least somewhat credited to the coach? If so, one should maybe be a bit more reluctant to pass judgment on his abilities in November. The earliest, most trivial battles shall not determine the outcome of the war.

P.S. - It is very easy for those of us who sit in the bleachers or don't walk through the doors of classrooms to pass judgment on the performance of those who sit courtside or educate our children, but we should be reluctant to do so so quickly. It is very easy to be critical of their decisions, but it is seldom easy to be positive in reference to the same decisions no matter what they may be.