Cleveland Lady Raiders

smallie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Coach Moore and the Lady Raiders. You deserve the honor. With Coach Moore being the great coach she is, I am sure that the rankings will not get in the way of her getting down to business and that is playing and winning. She is a great asset to CHS basketball, boys or girls. She is the greatest.

Congratulations Coach Moore and the Lady Raiders. You deserve the honor. With Coach Moore being the great coach she is, I am sure that the rankings will not get in the way of her getting down to business and that is playing and winning. She is a great asset to CHS basketball, boys or girls. She is the greatest.

yea, we love her here, greatest thing that could ever happen to this program. Im sure that the girls and coach are honored about this ranking, but also know that it is just a ranking and it wont win games for them. There is a thin line between being cocky and being confident.

Let me not reduce the amazing abilities of Coach Moore (I am trusting that those of the high school basketball groupies that speak of her are quality judges of coaching talent...blind trusts can be dangerous, ask Bob Corker), but I would venture to say that there MUST be SOMETHING that could rank higher on the "best things that could ever happen to this program" list.

Some suggestions could be: 1. State Championship...no more list needed

P.S. - How valid is an assessment (a poll) of a sport (high school basketball) that is not seen by a mass audience? How many of those USA Today pollsters have seen ALL of the High School basketball teams in America? Pollsters have a tough time determining who falls into the Top 25 in College Football and those games are shown continously via live broadcasts, highlight shows, and nightly full game replays. High School basketball polls are as useful as a dam in a desert.

Let me not reduce the amazing abilities of Coach Moore (I am trusting that those of the high school basketball groupies that speak of her are quality judges of coaching talent...blind trusts can be dangerous, ask Bob Corker), but I would venture to say that there MUST be SOMETHING that could rank higher on the "best things that could ever happen to this program" list.

P.S. - How valid is an assessment (a poll) of a sport (high school basketball) that is not seen by a mass audience? How many of those USA Today pollsters have seen ALL of the High School basketball teams in America? Pollsters have a tough time determining who falls into the Top 25 in College Football and those games are shown continously via live broadcasts, highlight shows, and nightly full game replays. High School basketball polls are as useful as a dam in a desert.

yea, a state championship would be better, but you have to have a coach to win a state championship, and she has put the program in the right direction, they were a really struggling program before she came here, thats why i said she was the "best thing". I know that the pollsters can't see every team in the U.S. play, but Cleveland has played in some nationally recognized tournaments over the past couple of years, maybe that is a reason they are ranked in the USA today, but the ranking doesnt mean anything, just more exposure for the girls

yea, a state championship would be better, but you have to have a coach to win a state championship, and she has put the program in the right direction, they were a really struggling program before she came here, thats why i said she was the "best thing". I know that the pollsters can't see every team in the U.S. play, but Cleveland has played in some nationally recognized tournaments over the past couple of years, maybe that is a reason they are ranked in the USA today, but the ranking doesnt mean anything, just more exposure for the girls

"Exposure for the girls"...That phrase is frightening.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmm,,, very interesting, I will have to deduct this reasoning and sleep on it..