all region for 5-3a

coach5

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just food for thought because I am a bit biased. What about Magwan Smith for either Offensive MVP, Region MVP, or Quarterback. He lead the Raiders in production and as seen in the second round game definitely meant a lot to his team. Oh and I agree with McKnight. He turned the program around this year.

BC, I need to correct you on one thing. 5-3A coaches have NOT met to decide who is all-region for 2006. Not trying to be a smart behind. Just letting you know. Thanks for all the pub you do for 5-3A. PEACE-OUT MD30/88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really did not know that. Thanks for clarifying it buddy. Enjoy the off-season because 2007 will be here before you know it :lol:

I think if our Coach O'Conner doesn't win best coach then they should stop giving the award out. I alson think that Dangerfield and McMasters should win best DL and OL along with Edgemon winning best all around athlete.

Goodness you are quite the HOMER!! Seriously.....hard to overlook Coach Travis McKnight for this award. Look at the turnaround from last year. Tim Johnson laid the foundation last year. O'Conner just built on that, though he is a great coach.

Here's a mock prediction:

Region MVP: Matt Elrod (David Lipscomb): all the guy does is pile up yardage.

Offensive MVP: Joey Beach (Cheatham Co.): the most explosive offensive player in the region.

Defensive MVP: Ben Lehning (David Lipscomb): the leader of the best defense in the region.

MVP Quarterback: Kyle Christmas (Cheatham Co.): great numbers to back up a great year.

MVP Running Back: Ned McCaster (Spring Hill): a talented back who had deceiving speed.

MVP Wide Receiver: Austin Rogers (David Lipscomb): probably the region's fastest player.

MVP Offensive Lineman: Stan Krantz (Creek Wood): simply mauled people.

MVP Defensive Lineman: Kendall Dangerfield (Giles Co.): the most dominant DL in the region.

MVP Linebacker: Dale Binkley (David Lipscomb): just a part of a great LB core.

MVP Defensive Back: Jay Brown (Spring Hill): physical and could cover well.

MVP All-Around Athlete: Sam Edgmon (Giles Co.): not only a great runner but a good receiver as well.

MVP Kicker: Sam Shelton (Creek Wood): had a very powerful leg and was accurate.

MVP Punter: Jordan Rion (Page): should earn all-state recognition for the job he does kicking.

Coach of the Year: Travis McKnight (Spring Hill): came back and took a team that was winless to the second round of the playoffs.

i hope that prady kid from lipscomb is considered for the defensive back award. he can lay some wood

Offensive MVP: sam egmon : giles co

Defensive MVP: Ben Lehning (David Lipscomb): the leader of the best defense in the region.

MVP Quarterback:kyle christmas- cheatham

MVP Running Back: kevin davis : lipscomb

MVP Wide Receiver: joey beach - cheatham

MVP Defensive Lineman: Kendall Dangerfield (Giles Co.): the most dominant DL in the region.

MVP Linebacker: jake norman- page

MVP Defensive Back: connor prady :lipscomb,

MVP All-Around Athlete: magwan smith- spring hill

MVP Punter: Jordan Rion (Page): should earn all-state recognition for the job he does kicking.

Coach of the Year: Travis McKnight (Spring Hill): came back and took a team that was winless to the second round of the playoffs.

others not mentioned-

dl- davis,.. binkley,.. hudson

page- neel and lankford and ihmedian

spring hill- mcaster and dunn

creekwood- GOLIATH

giles- dunnavant, perez

cheatham- elliot, and the left tackle. im sorry i cant remember his name

montgomery central- number 11. again im sorry i cant remember his name

Offensive MVP: sam egmon : giles co

MVP Quarterback:kyle christmas- cheatham

MVP Running Back: kevin davis : lipscomb

MVP Wide Receiver: joey beach - cheatham

MVP Linebacker: jake norman- page

MVP Defensive Back: connor prady :lipscomb,

MVP All-Around Athlete: magwan smith- spring hill

others not mentioned-

dl- davis,.. binkley,.. hudson

page- neel and lankford and ihmedian

spring hill- mcaster and dunn

creekwood- GOLIATH

giles- dunnavant, perez

cheatham- elliot, and the left tackle. im sorry i cant remember his name

montgomery central- number 11. again im sorry i cant remember his name

Edited by coach5