Is Libert Tech as good as everyone says they are?

Hoops1stLuv14

I don't think he meant disrespect by calling them "thugs". You all have to admit, Memphis isn't exactly the greatest of places. A lot of stories are heard about Memphis, so they get the label as a city of thugs. Memphis has its thugs, along with every city. Memphis has a load of talent, but sometimes their talent gets overshadowed because of the label the Memphis people have been given.

It looks like a people are stereotyping the players on these teams, and that is disrespectful.

Stereotypes can be very very wrong. D2D you should know that very well, you stereotyped me 1 time. You were off bad. :thumb:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

It looks like a people are stereotyping the players on these teams, and that is disrespectful.

Stereotypes can be very very wrong. D2D you should know that very well, you stereotyped me 1 time. You were off bad. :unsure:

I know they can be wrong Monty but you have to admit that Memphis isn't exactly the greatest of places. Thugs can be of any race (white, black, mexican, indian). Memphis is a powerhouse in basketball, but also has its drawbacks due to the events that go on there.

With all that being said, Liberty is the real deal.

BTW is loaded....they go 12 deep....BTW freshman team from last year went 24-0 and won it all.....BTW is the real deal as well......Looking forward to BTW challenging Liberty for the title in AA....They have the guards and the big men inside....Their center broke the backboard during their jamboree game a couple of weeks ago.....stay tuned....

I have some question for you.....what is the definition of a thug?....just because a player loses his cool, does it make him a thug? I'm sure you have lost your cool in a sporting event. Does it make you a thug? Tell me which coaches in Memphis is not seasoned. Rigdeway beat BTW 4 times because they were the better team and besides when your team lose one should hope it would be against the state champs. In 2001 BTW won the state with T-Head and they returned the favor back to Ridgeway so whats your point. You can't compare BTW to Mitchell because they will never allow there star player to only touch the ball 1 time the whole second half like Mitchell did. That like allowing T-Head to only touch the ball one time in 2001...not likely......Memphis and Jackson Tn has a ton of good players/thugs as you put it....I agree that there are thugs on every basketball,football, and baseball team, however, the kids look to sports as positive ways to channel their energy.....We all will lose our cool at some point but it takes a real man to learn from that mistake.....You might need to talk to Liberty coach because even he stated that Liberty will possibly meet BTW in the state.....BTW will be here for the next 3-4 years because their freshman class from last year won it all as freshman. They went 24-0.......

Really? First off, T. Young was running the point against Liberty after their point gaurd fouled out..so he could have took over the game. he only hit one shot..go to tssaa the stats are still there by quarters. You guys really took the thug comment and ran. So let me set it straight. players who argue with the coach and among themselves during ball games , players who play dirty. It has nothing to do with a look or ethnic background.

Edited by Hoops1stLuv14

You still didn't give me the definition of a thug.....Obviously you are good at labeling but you don't know what is coming out of your mouth.....No one in Memphis instructs their players to play like that....just because kids argue with their coach doesn't label them as a thug....sometimes kids make bad decisions while they're angry...and its the coaches job to try to correct it.....it takes time for kids to learn from their mistakes.....players who play dirty still aren't what a thug is...so what your point....okay since you went there....what teams or players play dirty because obviouly you are refering to somebody in particular....so set that straight.....

You still didn't give me the definition of a thug.....Obviously you are good at labeling but you don't know what is coming out of your mouth.....No one in Memphis instructs their players to play like that....just because kids argue with their coach doesn't label them as a thug....sometimes kids make bad decisions while they're angry...and its the coaches job to try to correct it.....it takes time for kids to learn from their mistakes.....players who play dirty still aren't what a thug is...so what your point....okay since you went there....what teams or players play dirty because obviouly you are refering to somebody in particular....so set that straight.....

eeewwww dude get real ,obviously you're offended, maybe its because you know im right ,truth is memphis is ruff and it shows in the stands and in the games...ridgeway liberty game folks were about to fight right n the stands.

Edited by Hoops1stLuv14

confrontation in the stands don't have anything to do with the players...for crying out loud...are you serious.....so i take it that you have never lost your cool in any sporting event.....I'm not offended because I look over ignorance...I just take as if you don't know what you're talking about....its ok though...maybe you will learn what the definition of a thug is.....

confrontation in the stands don't have anything to do with the players...for crying out loud...are you serious.....so i take it that you have never lost your cool in any sporting event.....I'm not offended because I look over ignorance...I just take as if you don't know what you're talking about....its ok though...maybe you will learn what the definition of a thug is.....

Icy you are irritating me get over it already.

Icy... the origional thread topic was about Liberty. I said Memphis is ruff and it show in the stands i did't say it had anything to do with the players...futhermore the murder rate there is more than enough reason to consider memphis a place where an INDIVIDUAL has to be mentally and physicaly tuff..and also smart. You can take anything you want out of context, just do it on your own thread. I'm done with you.

im all for liberty...they are as good as people say they are....they have proven to me that they can play under pressure n that they can take it to the hoop....they aint afraid n thats wat i love....GO LIBERTY CRUSADERS...yea im a lexington fan...but who else better would u want to go to state n represent not only west tn but class AA if its not ur team than liberty crusaders..they are very mannerable boys n they are just great all around