Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

Yep, he's been with us for quite some time now. Quite the fellow.

I do all my own driving and always have ever since I was 16 as a matter of fact I am proud to say I was the second person in my 5th grade class to get their license

the truth is these teams have more in common on the field than most

both had to overcome set backs during the season

at the end of september no one would have picked either team to be here

both had to beat an undefeated team and region champs to get here

both have mobile qbs

both can run or throw ( no wing t stuff here)

unless you were there I can not emphasis how bad the wind and weather was during the 1st game. This is not an excuse but rather to point out how I really don't believe either team got an glimpse of what the other is capable of it was really like a tes of survival.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravenwood I BELEIVE you have all the state of Tennessee behind yall! Smyrna are a bunch of sore winners and i hope yall put a beating on them Saturday!!! I wish yall had the chance to play Ooltewah Saturday: just becasue if yall would have beaten them yall would have known you beat the best team besides yall!

There is good ol volman09, who spouted about how great the competition is in East Tennessee last week. Haven't seen him until just now. Amazing how Ooltewah fared when they finally faced a team with some athletes on the roster, isn't it??? The Owls have a great team, but (as a flashback) I told this guy last week that Smyrna could match up with them any day of the week because they play better comp and wouldn't be awestruck by this great Ooltewah team. He got all huffy and talked about how bad he wanted Ooltewah to win, so I would shut up!!! i love it when I get under people's skin for telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. McNine4MVP runs a no-spin zone baby, and you're just caught in the vortex. I've been around this game for awhile in Tennessee and there have been some great East Tennessee teams. Alcoa, Maryville, DB back in the day, Fulton is good now, Sevier County had their moments, but with the population explosion, better coaching, and some other demographic factors the best ball is played in the Nashville Metropolitan Area, and its been that way for about a decade now. The fact that these two teams are playing for the title is not a coincidence.

Edited by McNine4MVP

I do all my own driving and always have ever since I was 16 as a matter of fact I am proud to say I was the second person in my 5th grade class to get their license

the truth is these teams have more in common on the field than most

both had to overcome set backs during the season

at the end of september no one would have picked either team to be here

both had to beat an undefeated team and region champs to get here

both have mobile qbs

both can run or throw ( no wing t stuff here)

unless you were there I can not emphasis how bad the wind and weather was during the 1st game. This is not an excuse but rather to point out how I really don't believe either team got an glimpse of what the other is capable of it was really like a tes of survival.

I was there and it was a weird weather night. Both teams have matured greatly since that matchup.

Edited by Rookie45

There is good ol volman09, who spouted about how great the competition is in East Tennessee last week. Haven't seen him until just now. Amazing how Ooltewah fared when they finally faced a team with some athletes on the roster, isn't it??? The Owls have a great team, but (as a flashback) I told this guy last week that Smyrna could match up with them any day of the week because they play better comp and wouldn't be awestruck by this great Ooltewah team. He got all huffy and talked about how bad he wanted Ooltewah to win, so I would shut up!!! i love it when I get under people's skin for telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. McNine4MVP runs a no-spin zone baby, and you're just caught in the vortex. I've been around this game for awhile in Tennessee and there have been some great East Tennessee teams. Alcoa, Maryville, DB back in the day, Fulton is good now, Sevier County had their moments, but with the population explosion, better coaching, and some other demographic factors the best ball is played in the Nashville Metropolitan Area, and its been that way for about a decade now. The fact that these two teams are playing for the title is not a coincidence.

Man you are full of yourself and your team, ya you probably havent seen me until now because im not a coacht lover like some folks on here Mr. McNine4MVP

Ravenwood-35

Smyrna-28

Ravenwood will win in a thriller over smyrna this game with come down to who will make the least mistakes.

I wouldn't exactly go to the bank on wolverines1 predictions here is their last one

wolverines1 Posted on: Nov 8 2006 - 04:12 PM

Group: Guests

Member No.: 103,739

heck Ya shep. I believe in that score. Ur right we do give smyrna the respect that they deserve. They should give us the same. Yea they beat us in week 0, that was week 0, we r better and strong. GO O-LINE. darn skippy it will be a great game. Cant wait to go. The team knows now what to suspect. Wont be any surprises Friday night.

La Vergne-35

Smyrna-21

W-O-L-V-E-R-I-N-E-S WOLVERINES!!!!! [/b]

Edited by 82cat

Come on guys...most of that stuff was stolen from Jeff Foxworthy, the most successful comedian in the country...(does he live in Brentwood?) Just trying to divert some of the heat off the kids and keep it between us fans...sometimes I think I am an idiot for trying to keep you people entertained. I should charge a fee!

I apologize to the City of Smyrna, their high school, their fans and players...as well as any one else on CoachT. Hope that helps...

Well done, now let the politically correct insults begin. None of that non-political is allowed since..... :lol:

Edited by rapbwood

well sorry I was gone all weekend coon huntin with my wife and sister. After hunting the 2 of us decide to stop off for some cider and fireworks. The hunt did not go to well but we did get a chance to check on our moonshine still while we there and momma said it were doin fine and as soon as daddy gets out of jail we will take a batch up to raleigh and visit with sheriff taylor.

no reply needed I imagine most ravenwood fans will take care of this

but this validates what I posted earlier that someone said was the worst post they had ever heard --- now what do you say?

well got to go, them cows don't milk themselves :lol:

everyone nees to have my policy, humor is the best defense

and I don't care what anonymous posters on a message board think of me

Sounds like my weekend, but we did hit a couple possums with the pick up. If yaonto drop on by for some stew and we can sit on the front porch for some pickin. I'll break out the washboard, just bring your spoons and some of that fine white litnin.

Sounds like my weekend, but we did hit a couple possums with the pick up. If yaonto drop on by for some stew and we can sit on the front porch for some pickin. I'll break out the washboard, just bring your spoons and some of that fine white litnin.

Sounds like the topic changed.....haha

Yeah, let's see, them Bulldogs are going to significantly dominate State Finals.....

Also, if anyone was engaged in the "BELIEVE" Topic, I'm sure you had just about as much fun as anyone else that was posting in there......can't believe it was shut down....Coach Gonyea had y'all Ravenwood Raptors all entwined in your underpants....haha *kudos to Gonyea* :lol:

- Ashley

Wow can we possibly talk about the game instead of what car we drive or what kind of house we live in and what we did on the weekend. Even though all yall Ravenwood fans drive Cadillacs and Mercedes and live in houses that are over a quarter-million dollars lol jp.Well anyway Smyrna fans, may a fan from Oakland be welcome in the student section for Smyrna Saturday night because these Ravenwood people are tickin me off. I also think that Smyrna's colors are not very ugly.

Wow can we possibly talk about the game instead of what car we drive or what kind of house we live in and what we did on the weekend. Even though all yall Ravenwood fans drive Cadillacs and Mercedes and live in houses that are over a quarter-million dollars lol jp.Well anyway Smyrna fans, may a fan from Oakland be welcome in the student section for Smyrna Saturday night because these Ravenwood people are tickin me off. I also think that Smyrna's colors are not very ugly.

dude there houses are worth like a half million. i was curious and looked it up and found: The median home price in Brentwood is $523,477. The median household income in Brentwood is $119,304. Males had a median income of $97,962 versus $41,324 for females. The per capita income for the city was $50,550. what do yall do with all dat money? smyrna says The median income for a household in the town was $44,405, and the median income for a family was $51,550. Males had a median income of $37,130 versus $27,325 for females. The per capita income for the town was $19,704. well i love good ole smyrna and anyway i just want to let yall ravenwood ppl know money can't buy a victory! :thumb: good luck to both teams and lets go SMYRNA!!! go BULLDOGS! I BELIEVE!!!!!

oh and CoachGonyeaSH i love your graphix!